• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

So Cal 2012

Anthony

Bicycle
Morning all

New to the site and have been catching up on previous postings. The So Cal post from 2011 caught my eye and I'm interested in riding and/or assisting in getting rides together for the Southern California area. I'm new to lancaster/So Cal and looking to make tracks on the back roads, in the mountains and ocean to forest.
Hourly rides (if it exist), day rides and weekend roll outs...I'm in.

Willing to take the lead as well

^-^Just posted up on your CDA post. Welcome. Nice website. When I get further west again I'll shout out.

I am down here in Mission Viejo and would love to go on a ride sometime soon. Count me in......Maybe other riders in area will want to go too.  :motonoises:

Well I got this little insight from "Old man on a Connie". I have a serious "Honey Due" this coming weekend but I think I'll be giving this rout a try on the 25th of Feb. Bike should be out of the shop with new shoes by that time. I'll forward the info to the AD after I map out the miliage/modified ride plans. so he can added it to the calendar.

Anyone else have any insite?
I'll modify to make it about 300 miles round trip.
Old man or anyone else if you have some insite please advise.

Possible Route:  Head up the 14 to the 395, hang a left through Lake Isabella, Kernville, Johnsondale over the top. Drop down into Porterville and make our way back to Lancaster.

Will have it mapped out and to the AD sometime tommorow. :motonoises:

Hey guys/gals, I'm waiting on my COG number and access to the Calendar so I can post the scheduled ride for 25 Feb 2012 weather permitting of course.  If the ride is a washout due to weather is anyone interested in a Meet and Greet? I'm new to the area so I don't know of a place but open to suggestions.  Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita or any other joining city  :beerchug:

I may be free to join you on Feb. 25. I"d be coming from Santa Clarita. Your suggestion of a route sounds a little too aggressive. Maybe to Lake Isabella to Bodfish to Keene and back for a first ride. The stretch from Johnsondale to California Hot Springs back to town always take longer than you think it should (but great fun), maybe Crazy Otto's for breakfast?
David G

Ninjadad nice post. If you like riding the twisties your route to Jonsondale is a lot of fun. On that trip if you want to head towards Bakersfield there's a road just east of there called breckinridge rd. Cross st. Comanche dr. That's some real tight twisties thru some cattle ranches.from there it will drop you into caliente bodfish rd. Also from Johnsondale you can pick up the great western divide hwy which turns into hwy 190 to Springville. Lots of good twisties along that route. Be sure to stop at the Ponderosa along that route great food great saloon. But those hwys. To Springville might be closed during winter months. If your new to California there's a lot to see and a lot of good riding. It would nice to meet up and ride some time. I can't make the 25th.

It is great to see members willing to step up to the plate to organize club activities.  Contact your local AAD or the Southwest Area Director to volunteer to host rides and get them listed on the calendar of events.  His email is: swad @ cog-online.org

david said:
I may be free to join you on Feb. 25. I"d be coming from Santa Clarita. Your suggestion of a route sounds a little too aggressive. Maybe to Lake Isabella to Bodfish to Keene and back for a first ride. The stretch from Johnsondale to California Hot Springs back to town always take longer than you think it should (but great fun), maybe Crazy Otto's for breakfast?
David G

David, your point well taken and I'll scale back for a shorter ride, last thing I want to do is give saddle soars the first time out. I'll modify and post up as soon as I get access to the calendar.

Thanks a million for your input.

Desert rdr said:
Ninjadad nice post. If you like riding the twisties your route to Jonsondale is a lot of fun. On that trip if you want to head towards Bakersfield there's a road just east of there called breckinridge rd. Cross st. Comanche dr. That's some real tight twisties thru some cattle ranches.from there it will drop you into caliente bodfish rd. Also from Johnsondale you can pick up the great western divide hwy which turns into hwy 190 to Springville. Lots of good twisties along that route. Be sure to stop at the Ponderosa along that route great food great saloon. But those hwys. To Springville might be closed during winter months. If your new to California there's a lot to see and a lot of good riding. It would nice to meet up and ride some time. I can't make the 25th.

What's up Desert Rdr.  Have no worries, if all goes well this will be the first of many rides for the upcoming season. I'm onboard with Will in trying to get some action for So Cal this year.

Twisties are my friend and I'm looking forward to riding with the COG. Twisties, mountains, beach to the forest, we'll be there this year.

Pluging your route for future reference >:D :motonoises:

S Smith said:
It is great to see members willing to step up to the plate to organize club activities.  Contact your local AAD or the Southwest Area Director to volunteer to host rides and get them listed on the calendar of events.  His email is: swad @ cog-online.org

Morning Steve, well....I didn't want to be so bold and introduce myself as a Southwest AAD because I'm not sure if Will has made it official or if he's waiting on approval from the #1 Super COG Dude  :rotflmao: But I talked to Will and told him I wouldn't mind being an AAD so I guess it's in the works. Rest assured any planned ride will go through him first so all is in order ;D

It would be nice to meet some other COG members from the So. Cal area.  Getting this group together for some local rides sounds great.   

I am in Santa Clarita.