• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

So you missed the National? Here is a second chance to ride Arkansas this year

Fred H.

So you missed the National? Or maybe you just didn't get enough of Arkansas?

Well, here is your chance. Back due to popular demand.

I have set up the hotel arrangements for the COG rally at Jack's Fishing Resort in October.

The dates are October 19th, 20th, and 21st. The room rates are $74 a night for a standard room and $79 for a room with a kitchen. They also have camping and RV facilities. Be sure to mention COG when you book your room to get this rate. First come first serve. I had to pick this date due to the "Bean Fest" going on the following weekend in Mountain View which has them booked up solid. I'd highly suggest making your reservations early to insure you get a room. You won't be charged for your room until you actually arrive, so you can always cancel your reservation later if you change your mind, but if you wait too long, I suspect you'll find it will be all full. We did fill it up last year.

I'll see if I can find some alternate lodging and post that info when I get it.

The phone number for Jack's is 870-585-2211 Their web site address is http://www.jacksresort.com/

As usual, this will be a pretty informal ride. They have a very good catfish restaurant on site and they are located very near the intersection of hwys 9, 14, and 5 a few miles north of Mountain View right on the White River. You can even spend a day fishing if you don't feel like riding.

So if you missed the national, or spent most of your time working there, here is your chance to get out and enjoy the roads of Arkansas during the color change of the leaves.  Hope to see y'all there.

image546.jpg

Heck yeah! I'm in. I made it to the National but got there late. I prefer the cooler weather and the  scenery will be great. Looking forward to some more great fellowship and riding. See ya all in October. Mark.  ;D

Hmmm....ride those awesome roads or go to the spider ride in Mo.  I have only enough vacation for one or the other.  Ar isnt all that much further; thinking-thinking :mad: :mad:

Pamela and I are IN with a reservation for Jack's.

Highway 9 between Melbourne and Mountain View is often overlooked and one of the better technical rides there.

Damn Arkansas!!!! You are taking all of the rubber off of my tyres! ;D

Craig

I added the following notes to the Calendar entry, and wanted to post them on here as well.

Other Nearby Restuarants

Anglers Restuarant  - Intersection of Ark. 5, 9 &14

Codys Family Ranch
6478 Highway 14
Fifty Six, AR 72533-951
870-757-2270

Additional Lodging Info

In case Jacks fills up and you can't get a room, there is nearby lodging at  the following sites:

Sylamore Creek Camp  http://www.sylamorecreek.com/ (877-875-4223)

Holiday Mountain Resort  http://www.holidaymtnresort.com/  (800-395-7108)

Anglers Restauraunt  (870-585-2226)

There are also lots of hotels in Mountain View.

Nearby Liquor Stores

Jack's is located in a dry county, but there are two liquor stores that aren't too far away. The closest one is Blanchard's Liqour which is about 8 miles west of Jacks on hwy 14 in a small mobile home on the north side of the road, just before you get to hwy 341. The second one is a bit further down in Big Flat.

Tech Session

If time allows, I may do a very short and informal tech session on site one evening after riding.  It may be something as simple as how to set your tire pressures, or something as complex as how to split the cases on a broken down Triumph (we won't mention who's).

Fun Stuff to Do

Blanchards Caverns is just a few miles down the road on hwy 14 and I'm told it really is worthwhile stopping to see. I also typically like to swing north one day and ride through Bull Shoals and eat lunch at Gastons on the river down behind the dam. It's a really great restuarunt and is worth the trip. Push Mountain Road and Hwy 9 are also real crowd pleasers.

Warnings

During the National, I ran into a local sheriff patroling Push Mountain road, so be advised, they are starting to watch it more.

If you are riding with a group, remember to keep twice the amount of space you think you need between you and the bike in front of you. This helps insure everyones safety when traveling in a group. I also would advise not to have any more than 4 bikes in any one group. I hope everyone has fun, and please ride safe

If you tried to register for this event on the COG calendar and were unable to, it's because we had the registration deadline set for last year. The problem has been corrected and you should be able to register now.

skidmark said:
Heck yeah! I'm in. I made it to the National but got there late. I prefer the cooler weather and the  scenery will be great. Looking forward to some more great fellowship and riding. See ya all in October. Mark.  ;D
If work isn't too busy I'll go down with ya Mark. Are you going to take that Friday off to go down?

I'm leaving Thursday after lunch and heading up to stay night at my deer camp near Chandler, OK. If anyone from OKC or Tulsa wants to ride over to AR with me on Friday, please let me know. I am thinking Rte 66 to Tulsa and then 412 over. My Friday schedule is flexible, so I can head out at anytime that morning.

Pamela and I along with Sharon will be leaving the east side of DFW about 0730 on Thursday. Plans to stay the night in Mena fell through so we'll ride direct to Jack's and have two days of twisty bliss non including the ride up/back.

Craig

I'll be leaving Branson Friday afternoon if anybody wants to meet up on the way down. Will probably take 14 all the way.

I think I am the only COG-SC ex-patriot going, but if anybody else from SE is heading there I will be leaving the Atlanta area on Wed at about 4:30pm and riding until nightfall, then continuing on Thursday. Going to split the return trip into two days starting Sunday as well.

Not sure of my route yet, I am thinking most direct for the trip there, then maybe a slightly longer trip back so I can place a couple more states on my "been there on 2 wheels" map.  ;D