• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD - 2005 C10 Concours For Sale - Minneapolis MN

Crashcup

It makes me sad to do this, but I'm going to put my 2005, "Vanessa", up for sale. A house remodel/addition has been keeping me busy for way too long and keeping me away from riding. Lately I've mostly been riding my DR650. Which raises the question of selling the C10 to free up some garage space.

I'm not sure about the price. High(ish) miles, but lots of farkles and in really good condition. I know in general a C10 doesn't go for much now. Planning to advertise this at the "convince-me-to-sell" price of $2000. But really I'd probably be convinced at $1800, so if that works for a Cogger, we could make a deal.
I'll give you all the honest gritty details below.

I'm actually about 40 or so miles out from Minneapolis, but who the heck knows where Monticello MN is? If anyone is interested I can give you more details on location/directions.

Condition:
  • Good condition. Well cared for. Always garaged.
  • Runs great
  • 1900 miles on Avon Storm tires (110/80-ZR18 front; 150/80-ZR16 rear)
  • Carburetors recently rebuilt and synched.
  • New cooling system hoses
  • Oil changed every 5000 miles or every season (and have just changed oil & filter).
  • Mobil1 synthetic or Shell Rotella T6 synthetic. (Never any clutch problems using these oils).
  • Napa Gold 1365, Bosch 3300 oil filters (many more brands/part numbers fit the SPOOFAK).
  • Original seat in great condition - no holes or tears
  • Left side cover was broken at bottom screw hole - recently repaired by cutting out an ABS "washer" and cementing on to support crack
  • Hole in LH mirror mount (can see in one of the pictures in link)
  • The edging on the back edge of the fairing is worn down in a couple of places. If you wanted to get the bike ready for the show at next year's national, you might want to replace this. Or just touch it up with some black paint.
  • The belly pan has some bad scrapes (I have to admit to riding a couple of minimum maintenance roads, and maybe jumping a curb). Just don't wheelie too much and nobody will see it.

Features:
  • Audiovox Electronic Cruise Control
  • Cee Bailey tall windshield
  • Rifle short summer windshield
  • Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter Kit (SPOOFAK)
  • Fenda Extenda
  • K & N air filter
  • Sonic 1.1 rate fork springs
  • Race Tech gold valve cartridge emulators
  • Extra 1" RAM mount balls
  • Stebel Nautilus air horns
  • Tube handlebar conversion mounts and tall ATV bars (currently has stock bars mounted)
  • Longer cables for tall bars
  • Bar risers for stock bars
  • Speed bleeders
  • Overflow tubes installed in carb bowls
  • Fuse block mounted near battery - 6 circuits
  • Baker Air Wings
  • Snowberg heat shields
  • Jbox checked/upgraded - in 2012 replaced 3 relays as preventative measure, checked solder joints (all good), sprayed conformal coating over circuit board to protect against moisture.
  • Extended helmet lock brackets (so you can actually use them when the side cases are on).
  • LED dash lights (except turn signal indicator
  • TCro Improved shift linkage
  • Have stock parts and some spare parts
Pics:

01-Front right online.jpg

02-Left front high online.jpg

15-Rear right online.jpg

05-Rider dash view online.jpg

More Pictures

Last edited:
Edits to original post:
Shad top case not included
Zumo GPS mount not included
Radar detector cable not included.

Pictures show original bars; currently have risers mounted.

$1800 for a COGger.

Dang, inquiries on this are really slow.... I know it's getting later in the riding season, but wow. Is $1800 too high? 74,xxx miles too high?

Sorry to say it, but thats what i let my 98 go for 5 years ago, with 75k miles. Mine like wise had lots of farkles including a givi trunk, and heli bars just to name a few.