• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD: 2006 C10 For Sale

aplunkett6789

Folks,

I'm new to the forum (been here a month or so) and unfortunately I need to sell my C10. I love the bike, and wish I didn't have to do this, but things with my living situation kinda just blew up (and my car did as well lol), and now I need a vehicle, which I don't have the money for.

I'll post the two pics I have now, and hopefully later today I can get/upload more.

2006 Concours C10
Dark blue
46,000-ish miles.

I'm the second owner - the original owner maintained it very well over the years. Had the following work done at the beginning of the season:

New synthetic oil & filter
New tires (Bridgestones)
Coolant flushed
Front brake calipers rebuilt, stainless lines, new pads, new rotors, and new brake fluid
Rear brake fluid changed
Shaft serviced/gear oil changed
New aftermarket windscreen (have original as well, but needs to be sanded/polished - hazy)

Valves adjusted religiously every 8k (due at 48k).
Bike has Oxford heated grips - work great!
Bike also has highway pegs

Since I've owned it, I've done:

Murphskits lowering pegs
New OEM passenger footrest bracket
APE mechanical CCT
Detailed the bike

The only thing it currently needs: the throttle sticks a little. It probably just needs to be cleaned/lubed, but I haven't had a chance to pull it apart, yet.

Bike does NOT have the overflow tubes in the carbs, but has no hydrolock issues - owner had the petcock rebuilt/replaced every couple years.

Bike comes with OEM manual, Clymer manual, extra filters, spark plugs, windshield, etc.

Runs great, rides well, very smooth, very strong.

Asking $2,500 or best offer - located in Naugatuck, CT. Willing to assist with shipping, or meet halfway (depending on location). Clean CT title in hand.

Contact me through the forum, or by call/text at 860-329-1093.

Thanks,

Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Since you ask -- you're looking for what I would call top dollar for a well maintained but close to stock bike. I recognize that the bike has some farkles, but keep in mind that some of them are ones that some riders don't want and would want to reverse -- so it's hard to get the investment back.
Working against you are 3 things:
1. C14 prices seem to be dropping pretty fast. I saw a nice 2008 the other day (admittedly with almost twice the miles) listed for $3,500.
2. Ride season in a lot of the country is winding down, and so are the number of motorcyclists looking to pay top dollar.
3. You're in a hurry. If you want to sell fast, you usually need to price low enough that those few buyers who are in the market are afraid to miss it.

Sorry about your situation and hope you do find a buyer. It's a nice looking bike and sounds like its ready to grind out 100K miles with no issue.

Since you ask -- you're looking for what I would call top dollar for a well maintained but close to stock bike. I recognize that the bike has some farkles, but keep in mind that some of them are ones that some riders don't want and would want to reverse -- so it's hard to get the investment back.
Working against you are 3 things:
1. C14 prices seem to be dropping pretty fast. I saw a nice 2008 the other day (admittedly with almost twice the miles) listed for $3,500.
2. Ride season in a lot of the country is winding down, and so are the number of motorcyclists looking to pay top dollar.
3. You're in a hurry. If you want to sell fast, you usually need to price low enough that those few buyers who are in the market are afraid to miss it.

Sorry about your situation and hope you do find a buyer. It's a nice looking bike and sounds like its ready to grind out 100K miles with no issue.
Thanks for the help! I didn't factor in those things. Appreciate the insight!

It's the best cold weather bike I've ever had. The C14 is good in cold, but I think the C10 is better.