• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD! 2010 C14 ABS (PHOTOS!)

Tector

Just under 38,000 miles.  Vance & Hines exhaust (plus the factory exhaust), California Scientific windshield (plus the factory one, and one other).  AST handlebar risers and foot peg lowering kit.  MC Enterprises crash bars front and rear (not canyon bars, but the big law-enforcement style bars).  Switchback modification done to turn signals.  "Back Off" unit added to brake light (makes it alternate between "flash" and "steady on" until you release the brakes).  PIAA two-tone horn (MUCH more attention-getting than the stock horn).  Throttlemeister throttle lock.  47 liter Kawasaki trunk (used it on a trip last summer and I love it).  New Nelson-Rigg cover (I haven't yet put it on the bike, but it's size XL so should fit on even with the trunk in place).  I've switched the headlight bulbs to LEDs (MUCH brighter).  Two owner's manuals, one shop manual, original main key and "spare" key.  The first 2 owners (I'm #3) kept meticulous maintenance records, and I've tried to follow suit.  EVERYTHING works on this bike, and I wouldn't hesitate to ride it anywhere, no matter how long the trip.

This is an amazing bike, and I love it, but even with lower foot pegs and higher handle bars I'm uncomfortable riding it for more than an hour or so.  So I've decided to sell.

I've dropped the asking price from $6000 to $5500.  Located at my house, near Elmira, NY.  Please feel free to ask any questions.  I haven't yet been able to upload pictures, but I'm going to keep trying, or go to photobucket or something.

If anyone wants to see pictures, I have 4 pictures in a listing on CycleTrader.com for this bike.  E-mail me if you want to see more.

If this isn't the one let me know, but I think this is Tector's bike.

Attachments

• 5ec1ab287b9f197cac740043.rotated.jpg
    5ec1ab287b9f197cac740043.rotated.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 5ec1ab1e8ad82a31174b0069.jpg
    5ec1ab1e8ad82a31174b0069.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 5ec1ab1e8ad82a31174b0069.jpg
    5ec1ab1e8ad82a31174b0069.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 5ec1ab2f0f57892ee62ad083.jpg
    5ec1ab2f0f57892ee62ad083.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 198
Yes, that is my bike.  As for selling the MC Enterprises crash bars:  I'd prefer to leave them on for now, and leave it to any buyer to decide what to do with them.

Do as you wish, but the bathtub bars aren't a real popular item.  You could turn someone off to your bike because they don't like the bars.  I'd say there are more that don't like them than do.  Sell them and pocket the money.  Just something to consider.  HTH :) 

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures here.  For anyone interested in seeing pictures, though, I just set up a post on Craig's List, in the Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre area of Pennsylvania, titled "King of sport touring bikes".  All 17 of my pictures show there.

No action on my listings so far, so I'm dropping the asking price to $5500.

FINALLY!  I have photos available, for all interested, at this link:

https://app.photobucket.com/u/PearheadGougas/a/13673526-79f8-4141-bd01-202692883555

Enjoy!

Bud said:
Do as you wish, but the bathtub bars aren't a real popular item.  You could turn someone off to your bike because they don't like the bars.  I'd say there are more that don't like them than do.  Sell them and pocket the money.  Just something to consider.  HTH :)

*********Please do not take offense I am just being honest with you because I want to help you sell your bike.***********

I bought my C14 with bars on it, but not those bars. I love your bike, but those bars would be G-O-N-E if i bought your bike and I would be asking for a discount to remove them myself or ask you to do it before I bought it. They are not attractive at all. I'm sure they are functional and can help straighten out stiff knees, but so can stopping beside the road for a couple minutes. And yes they will probably save most of the plastic in a fall, but falls can be avoided. I have not fallen or tipped one since I got my license in 1977 by being very careful. The C14 is a lovely bike and those bars honestly make one look like a dump truck.

My dad was a car dealer and the first thing we did with trade ins that they wanted to keep was remove all aftermarket parts and put it back to as near stock as possible. And I had one hell of a pile of aftermarket parts for my own use!  :) The would not even accept trades that were excessively modified like raised trucks which made the owners mad. My dad or a manager would tell them, I know you love it Mr Smith, but I need to find someone first that loves that kind of truck, and then I have to find one that loves it EXACTLY the way you set it up. And in my experience, that guy is pretty hard to find.

No offense intended but I would sell em quick. Sure some COGers may like them, but we are a small subset of your potential buyers. They won't help you sell it to a new Connie owner - and I speak from the experience of a fresh purchase in April of this year. I was looking at an ST1300, an FJR1300, the lovely Connie I bought, one Connie that was pretty rough but cheap, and two BMW K1300s. If this bike what on that list I honestly would have rated it better than the rough Connie but below the bike I bought because of the bars.

Remember, color and customization is very personal. You built it the way you like it. But to sell it, you have to find YOU or make it appeal to a wider audience. A Connie is plenty attractive to sell herself, just don't put curlers in her hair. :??:

Best of luck, and I don't mean to be cruel, but I am being VERY honest. A blue Concours is a masterpiece built in heaven in my eyes, but I love my silver one too,
Jon

Tector,

Please do not be offended by my prior post. I just grew up in the car business and saw this scenario play out far too many times. Sell the bars to Bud, pocket the cash and hold firm on your current price. You have some great mods on the bike, you really do.

I got my bike in April when it was still a little cold. People around LA think you need a parka and gloves when it is in the 50's outside  :rotflmao:. I don't. But my point is, it was considered the off season in this area so prices were a little depressed. Mine is a 2011, had 19K on it without a single mark or blemish. It has most of what you have on yours except the signal cancel, but it does have a headlight modulator. The owner who had it consigned at a Triumph dealer wanted $5700 for it and I picked it up for 5 flat before fees. Basically $5700 with the fees  ;) Like I said in the prior post, I grew up in the biz. I also bought and sold used cars weekly at the auction for my dads dealership until I joined the USAF to see the world on my own - and I did!  :great: But I learned quite a but about what happens in this business and what to expect from customers. You are in the right place on your price and it definitely is worth what you are asking. It's your bike and you should do what you think, I am only telling you what I know from experience and as a buyer in your market THIS year when Covid hit.

If you have to slip to to $5k or even $4500, make it up in accessories if you can. The vast majority of buyers are looking for a Concours 1400, they are not looking for a specific exhaust (or what if they want a different one  :-\ ) They don't care about risers, flashes, and all the other stuff the COGers like. A very experienced C14 owner may notice, but they frankly be looking for a 2020 to 2018 if they were moving up. Your buyers want the bike first, all the doodads are secondary to them I promise you. Here is a shocker, every sport bike I have ever owned had a stock exhaust new or used because I hated messing with the tuning to get the engine right with the aftermarket stuff. I have passed on good bikes over the prior owners choices. The doodads can break a deal much more than make it. I had the bike two weeks before i realized I don't like the darkened windshield.  :??: Your's is better!  :great:

So hang in there buddy, and I hope you sell it and make someone happy like my prior owner did (he bought a Triumph Rocket). And you eventually get what you are looking for. And if you are looking for comfort, a Goldwing Tour just might do the trick. I could ride one of them to the moon!  :)

Good luck,
Jon

Bud don't want the bars, but I've seen other folks that did.  To add to Jon's point, real estate agents will tell you to avoid bold colors in a house a well as outside.  The bolder the color, the harder to sell.  As Jon said, you reduce your market with bold options.  If you don't want to pull them, you might be dollars ahead to pay someone to pull them or give a fellow member a deal and have them pull them.  No offense intended on my end.  HTH

Bud said:
Bud don't want the bars, but I've seen other folks that did.  To add to Jon's point, real estate agents will tell you to avoid bold colors in a house a well as outside.  The bolder the color, the harder to sell.  As Jon said, you reduce your market with bold options.  If you don't want to pull them, you might be dollars ahead to pay someone to pull them or give a fellow member a deal and have them pull them.  No offense intended on my end.  HTH

I'm sorry Bud, it was Debs who wanted the bars.  :beerchug:

Jon

Looks like a good Connie to me...  I have the same year.  Contrary to Tector's post...  I love finding cars and motorcycles that are tastefully modded with well engineered parts.  The Connie I found recently had $5300 in upgrades and a trailer on top of all of that.  I am amazed at how much motorcycle you get for your money when you buy a Connie.  Well, to each his own...  however when you get all the extras for 10% plus or minus from what they cost, plus, they are already correctly installed...  you just can't beat that imho.  Am I the exception to the rule?  Perhaps.

The only thing I would change is the color... I like mine but would prefer the Kawasaki green ( 1st) or silver over the dark midnight blue ( or whatever that color is called )  like I have now.  Anybody want to trade colors?  Its probably not an easy task...  I am newby...  so... I haven't dug into this Connie yet to see how the fairing is mounted and wired.