• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

*SOLD* 2012 Connie - Black 46K Miles $5000 - San Diego

timdow507

I just bought the bike about 6 months ago for $6K. I have health issues that have persuaded me that it is better to let her go.
Less than 2K on Pilot Road 4's
No damage, believe she has never been down
Factory top box
Both FOB's
Clean, clear title ready for transfer.
Handlebar risers
Cee Baileys 2" taller windscreen (I think that's right on the height - I can verify if need be)
Valve adjustment w/paperwork that has before and after readings on it just performed by independent shop
Fresh engine and final drive oil
all other maintenance up to date
Oops forgot... Baldwin seat also

I believe it is ready to ride any distance.

Has clutch whine when slipping clutch during launch. Researched that on this site, and it seems to be a common problem. Changed oil to T6, but still present. Easy to launch w/o noise, but still annoying. Was going to try a different oil next time.

I will attempt to upload photos, but until then or if I am unsuccessful, please PM me.

Photos of bike: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aY2YWK7Y8efHQzmA6

Last edited:
What a great deal!

My 2011 has the same clutch issue. It whines like a preteen girl when her mom says she's too young for makeup! (I have two daughters and three granddaughters).

I am fairly sure the issue is caused by oil contamination. There are folks that swear that certain types of MORE THAN two wheel motor oil is as good or better than most of the "expensive" motorcycle oil out there on the market. I would agree with them if we were talking about the EXACT same equipment. But in the case of most motorcycles, the majority of their clutches are wet, which means it is bathed in the same oil as the engine. Cars and Trucks do not have wet clutches and the additional additives in motor oil do not make a wet clutch very happy and I suspect that is our issue. At some point someone used motor oil in our bikes and our clutches are complaining about it when we reach the friction point, but once they are "locked up" it no longer matters.

How do we fix this? Unfortunately I think the clutch material is contaminated to the point that the organic friction plates would need to be replaced.

What a great deal!

My 2011 has the same clutch issue. It whines like a preteen girl when her mom says she's too young for makeup! (I have two daughters and three granddaughters).

I am fairly sure the issue is caused by oil contamination. There are folks that swear that certain types of MORE THAN two wheel motor oil is as good or better than most of the "expensive" motorcycle oil out there on the market. I would agree with them if we were talking about the EXACT same equipment. But in the case of most motorcycles, the majority of their clutches are wet, which means it is bathed in the same oil as the engine. Cars and Trucks do not have wet clutches and the additional additives in motor oil do not make a wet clutch very happy and I suspect that is our issue. At some point someone used motor oil in our bikes and our clutches are complaining about it when we reach the friction point, but once they are "locked up" it no longer matters.

How do we fix this? Unfortunately I think the clutch material is contaminated to the point that the organic friction plates would need to be replaced.

Since the change to a different oil didn't help, I suspect you are right. I have searched the site for clutch replacement but have come up empty, which is strange as this seems to be a fairly common problem. I would think that someone out there has attempted to replace their clutch plates to address the issue....