• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD 2014 Concours14 in Missouri $8500.

HeathCreek

Just upgraded to a newer 2017 Blue Connie TODAY, so 2014 Black Connie has to go! 25,000+ miles with some small run-around-towns each day and maybe a little countryside cruise. I got her all cleaned up and ready to be presented to her new owner! Price is firm. Continue to read for details. I want to be as honest and forthright as possible. If you are like me, I like to know with whom I am dealing, and from what kind of home comes my eventual new ride. So at the end of this post I also included a short bio.

THE DETAILS:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO!

20221105_142833.jpg20230423_182602.jpg20230423_182619.jpg20230423_182739.jpg20230423_182627.jpg

I just put $1600+ of maintenance into her so you don’t have to do it! There is nothing else that can be done maintenance-wise….I done did it all! I was preparing her for the season when BOOM! Here come Blue Connie, and I couldn’t pass her up! See below for latest maintenance details! She is all ready to take YOU across the country right now…even fresh tires!!! I can tell you all you need to know about her and answer all your questions. Come and see her and ride her....but don't ride her until you are prepared to buy her, cause she is hard to let go!

The only things that are not functional or that need attention are the power plug and the horn (haven't got around to them yet). The rest of the bike is in really good condition and I maintain my bikes perfectly! (Just ask my 2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic that just turned 98,000 miles and going strong. You can say hi to her when you come over, but you can’t take her home)

Highlights (what she comes with):

Two Brothers Black Series Exhaust
: $680

New Tires: Metzeler Tires. Just installed. Have put about 4-5 tanks worth of miles on them. Very nice. Value: $400+

New Battery: Replaced battery last Fall. Kept it maintained over the winter. Value: $100

T-Rex Racing Rear Saddlebag Guards: $200

V-Stream Shield
: $250

Advanced Touring Handlebar Risers: $115

Stock Seat: I am removing the Corbin seat to put on my new Concours.

Spring Maintenance: Just had the valve clearance check service completed (March 2023). Also Changed coolant. Changed air filter. Changed spark plugs. Service performed by Dell’s Powersports in Blue Springs, MO. I have the paperwork. Value: $700+

New fork seals: New fork seals and fresh fork oil last Fall. Value: $200+

Brakes: All-new brake pads front and rear. All new brake fluid. Value $200+

Lube and Fluids: Just changed engine oil, rear differential oil. ALL fluids for the bike have been flushed and replaced with fresh fluids (Oil, Coolant, Brake Fluid, Clutch Fluid).

ECU Tune: Bike has been tuned by Schnitz Brothers Racing. It is VERY fast! Can reach speeds up to 170-180 MPH (I was told), if that is important to you and you like to go to the racetracks. These tunes cost about $400.

If you are still reading this, a little about me: I am 45 years old. Married for 22 years. My wife and I have 2 boys (19, 20) and a little girl (9). I am a high school teacher, finishing up my 17th year. I have been a cruiser guy all my riding life, since taking small trips with my dad as a youngster on 1981 Suzuki GL750. I have seen the entire country on motorcycle (minus North Dakota and New Mexico), and have ridden as far Northeast as Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have even taken my two sons on multiple cross-country trips since they were 9-years old. There isn’t much of our beloved country that I haven’t seen. A couple years ago I started looking into Sport Touring motorcycles, after reading about guys making trips to Alaska on Honda ST1300. For some reason it lit a spark and got me interested in a new motorcycle experience. I spent the next two years or so reading, learning, admiring, inquiring, and riding various Sport Touring motorcycles. I thought the FJR1300 was gonna be the one for me. Concerned with the transition from a cruiser, I thought the FJR would be a little more “cruisey”. But, I eventually settled back into my Kawasaki roots, took a chance on Black Connie, and eventually fell deeply in love. In fact, I was falling more in love with Connie every day, and I was already dreaming about and preparing for the summer journeys ahead. Then today, it happened. Blue Connie became available at my local dealer, I offered a longshot deal, and they accepted! The expectation is that I will have Blue Connie for many many years. I currently own a 2006 Vulcan Classic, a 2014 Connie (the subject of this thread), and now as of today a 2017 Blue Connie. I am looking forward to getting involved with COG. I am really digging the ST community, where it is about the machine, the ride, the beauty and exploration of the country, and the people that share my same passion for it….which is the way it should be. Thank you for reading my post.

Sincerely, Heath.

Last edited:
Black Connie has been sold to a very nice man from Hays, KS. He is very very happy! I have encouraged him to find COG so hopefully we will have a new member soon!

Reactions: Bud
Black Connie has been sold to a very nice man from Hays, KS. He is very very happy! I have encouraged him to find COG so hopefully we will have a new member soon!
What did it sell for? Nice to have here for historical purposes.

Welcome Heath. Love your bars) So head south out of your town and turn right and we will see you at the National!