• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD FOR FULL ASKING PRICE F/S 2013 Concours with 23021 miles. Southern Illinois

bmwbud828

Old enough to know better.
I recently bought this bike and my son flew to Denver and rode it back home to me. My son now thinks it would be good if we had matching bikes to ride around here.

The bike includes the following: Foot peg lowering kit and highway pegs made for the Concours specific from Advanced Sport Touring, Atlas throttle lock, Wire for battery tender, Canyon cage crash bars, Handle bar pull back risers, 40 liter monokey GIVI top case, Air-Flow seat cover, Premium saddle bag liners with extra compartments, Two Brothers exhaust.

Asking $7,500 which is more than competitive with what I've seen on FB Marketplace and Craigslist.

fsc.jpg

fsc1.jpg

fsc2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's a big change! Just curious what his thinking is regarding the need to try something else.

Re-read my first post. Not a need, just a change in direction.

It is a big change for sure. I've owned 17 different motorcycles before the current one. I have no problem riding something different and have never felt loyalty to a particular bike like others have.

...........and have never felt loyalty to a particular bike like others have.
index.php

Ahhhh...yeah, right. :LOL:

My son now thinks it would be good if we had matching bikes to ride around here.

Seems like he should have had that thought before he got on the plane? :unsure:
Oh well, good luck with the sale, bike looks nice!

Attachments

• fsc5 (2).jpg
    fsc5 (2).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
I've kept the plate on every bike I've owned. It's my screen name on different forums and my email address as well. Too cheap to change it for every bike. Took a lot of ribbing when I owned a Weestrom and had that plate on the back. Those guys are a tough crowd. 🤣

When looking for comps to set a price, I checked cycle trader, FB marketplace and Craigslist. I was surprised to see sellers with a 2013 bike they claim to have purchased brand new in 2018. What would have caused a dealer to keep a new bike that long without selling? Lack of demand or something else??? Anyone have any insight into that?

The more I looked, the more convinced that I'm priced under current asking prices for comparable bikes. Though I don't know how strong the demand is for used Connies. Time will tell.

Would estimate $500. However, a buyer with cash is coming on Sunday and I told him I would not sell it before then, if he changes his mind I will let you know. Thanks

SOLD this morning to a gentleman from Memphis. The market for used bikes is very strong at the moment. Dealers aren't negotiating at all, if you won't pay asking, someone else will. The buyer asked if the price was firm and I replied that it was as another buyer from Missouri called this morning and said he would buy it if the first person didn't.

In the current market, you snooze you lose.

Ride Well

Bud

SOLD this morning to a gentleman from Memphis. The market for used bikes is very strong at the moment. Dealers aren't negotiating at all, if you won't pay asking, someone else will. The buyer asked if the price was firm and I replied that it was as another buyer from Missouri called this morning and said he would buy it if the first person didn't.

In the current market, you snooze you lose.

Ride Well

Bud
The market has lost its mind in so many ways (comment has nothing to do with this particular sale) when the correction comes it’s going to be a whiplash to the max.

Wayne

My son now thinks it would be good if we had matching bikes to ride around here.
SOLD this morning to a gentleman from Memphis.

Bud, by my unofficial calculations (I ran out of fingers) I reckon you still have at least 10 and maybe 11 months of membership left to go, so don't be a stranger. Come back and let us know what matching bikes you two decided to get and what adventures you went riding on together.....and you know....(it happens)...if your son lets you down and you have to go back out and get another C14, we'll still be hangin' out here to assist in your enjoyment of same.

himmy.jpg

Meet Himmy, flew to Minnie-HaHA, Minnie Soda yesterday and am on the road driving it back.

The market has lost its mind in so many ways (comment has nothing to do with this particular sale) when the correction comes it’s going to be a whiplash to the max.

Wayne
Wayne,

I don't disagree. We sold our 2005 C-Dory last Wednesday for $5,000 more than we had in it and had multiple people who wanted to buy it. The buyer, from Colorado bought it sight unseen. After I sold it I had an offer or even more.

emma mae.jpg

Nancy wanted to wait a year, I said not, when the market goes south, there will be many more sellers than buyers. A market correction is coming, we just don't know when.

My Subaru dealer wants to buy our 2019 Ascent. Of course he has no inventory to sell me a replacement.

Wayne,

I don't disagree. We sold our 2005 C-Dory last Wednesday for $5,000 more than we had in it and had multiple people who wanted to buy it. The buyer, from Colorado bought it sight unseen. After I sold it I had an offer or even more.

View attachment 32758

Nancy wanted to wait a year, I said not, when the market goes south, there will be many more sellers than buyers. A market correction is coming, we just don't know when.

My Subaru dealer wants to buy our 2019 Ascent. Of course he has no inventory to sell me a replacement.
Would like to sell our house right now, however, where do ya go - right into the shark’s mouth.

And just for grins, I knew when I bought Himmy that it was a putt around the neighborhood bike, not a road bike. I mean, with a 400 lb bike and a 230 lb rider, how fast can a motorcycle with a claimed 21.8 hp be???????

But it put a smile on my face so that's good. Nancy says it will be for sale in 2 weeks! I don't think so but I NEVER say NEVER. I bought it right so I can get my money back. I mean, who buys a new one of these and puts $2,300 worth of farkles on it???? The answer is the previous seller. As you know, farkles help sell a bike, but you don't get much of your money back on farkles.

Now for the rest of the story. I flew from St. Louis to Minneapolis early Monday morning. The seller drove from Duluth with the bike on a hitch carrier on the back of his truck. He picked me up at the airport and we drove to an Ikea parking garage as it was raining. Bike as as good as advertised. Complete the deal and he left to go back home. I suited up and ventured out into the rain to head to Galena, Il, my destination for the day. Wind! Did I say WIND! It was blowing so hard I couldn't pull 5th gear against it. What should have been a 4 hour trip turned into a 6 hour marathon. I took back roads the whole way knowing that I couldn't do interstate speeds. Obviously I didn't expect it to perform like a 160 HP bike when it has less than 25 HP. Finally reached my destination, had supper and went to sleep at 8:30. Host woke me at 5:30 AM saying the weather radar showed a long line of storms headed directly into my path most of the way home. My host offered to tow my bike on a trailer half way and my son brought up our trailer and took us the rest of the way back to Nashville (ILLINOIS) and home, My son told a friend of his he had to "rescue" me. His friend said I was displaying "2MB" syndrome. You don't know what that means? I didn't either. It stands for "too many birthdays".

So, how do I like the bike, you ask. I it meets my expectations for buying it. Back road touring. Need to shift to keep the revs up. Back to chain drive after many years (who knew?) Lots of character, smiles and waves from folks, a rocket compared to my first motorcycle, a Honda CB 160 Scrambler. I knew I wasn't going to be eating miles (though I will still put my IBA tag on this bike as it has been on my bikes for the last 10+ years).

Peter Egan seems to be happy to ride one: https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/3500-mile-royal-enfield-himalayan-summer/

For all of you who are enjoying what is one of the best Sports Touring motorcycles, I applaud you. Concours are a real value in today's marketplace. I've owned 5 BMW RT's so I have some experience with sports touring motorcycles.

On the way home I rode in the Driftless. If you haven't heard of it look it up. An area of Iowa, MN, Wisconsin and Illinois that was never glaciated. Some of the most enjoyable riding in the Midwest. Fascinating history. Hills, valleys, trout streams, micro-climates. Something for everyone. This illustration shows how much fun you can have on a Himmy riding the Driftless.

driftless riding.jpg

Thanks to everyone here who made me feel welcome from the day I joined. Becoming more and more rare lately. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, hit me up, meal, bed, shower, breakfast. My wife loves to entertain.

Ride Well, Ride Often