• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sold National Cycle VStream Windshield

GRR125

After concluding that the OEM sport screen on my 2008 Concours created too much buffeting in the upright position, I tried the OEM Touring Screen. It was better than the sport screen, but still produced too much annoying racket in the full upright position.

After reading many reviews, I got the VStream windshield. I was delighted that it worked great! There was ample wind in the lowered position, and welcome, quiet calm in the upper position. I'm 5'10" with stock seat and bars; riding at super-legal speeds was effortless and peaceful.
I sold the bike but kept the VStream, planning to put it on the replacement. However, the replacement came with a CalSci shield, which works just about as well, so I have no need for the VStream.

The windshield is in like-new condition, with no scratches or blemishes. It fits years 2008-2013.
I'm offering it for $125, if you arrange to pick up (San Jose, CA) or ship, as UPS & USPS shipping costs for me are too high.
If you have access to a commercial shipping account, the cost shouldn't be too much. The like-new factory box is 27"x24"x6" and 5 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
After concluding that the OEM sport screen on my 2008 Concours created too much buffeting in the upright position, I tried the OEM Touring Screen. It was better than the sport screen, but still produced too much annoying racket in the full upright position.

After reading many reviews, I got the VStream windshield. I was delighted that it worked great! There was ample wind in the lowered position, and welcome, quiet calm in the upper position. I'm 5'10" with stock seat and bars; riding at super-legal speeds was effortless and peaceful.
I sold the bike but kept the VStream, planning to put it on the replacement. However, the replacement came with a CalSci shield, which works just about as well, so I have no need for the VStream.

The windshield is in like-new condition, with no scratches or blemishes. It fits years 2008-2013.
I'm offering it for $125, if you arrange to pick up (San Jose, CA) or ship, as UPS & USPS shipping costs for me are too high.
If you have access to a commercial shipping account, the cost shouldn't be too much. The like-new factory box is 27"x24"x6" and 5 lbs.
Hi there Grr125.
My first time reaching out to someone on COG.
I have a 2009 1400 and looking for a V Stream. Canadian prices are much higher and this screen is a fit as I’m 6 foot 4.
The factory shield will work for local day trips but for longer rides I need a bit more protection
I live in Western Canada but have a good Bud in Mesa.
He is likely driving up next spring. Is the shield still available?
I have no idea what it might cost to ship it to my place in Peachland BC. I’d pay the shipping.
But maybe shipping it to my friend in Mesa AZ might be more cost effective. Are you still looking for 125 US?
if I paid the shipping would you take 100 US?
I just bought the 1400 as my BMW K 1200 abs modulator failed Huge bucks to replace and impossible to find replacement. My first Sport tourer was a C1000 and it was wonderful.
The BMW was great but a money pit when it needed repairs.
Happily Back to a Connie 1400 and retirement. I intend to do a loop from BC and ride the 101 down to CA, over to AZ and north back to BC. A Bucket list trip I’ve been planning since 2018 but unable to complete because of some health issues that came up. I’m back and want to get on that trip! 👍
Thanks
Steve Woods
PS. Not sure if this will be publicly posted so I’ll hold off putting in contact info for now

Hi there Grr125.
My first time reaching out to someone on COG.
I have a 2009 1400 and looking for a V Stream. Canadian prices are much higher and this screen is a fit as I’m 6 foot 4.
The factory shield will work for local day trips but for longer rides I need a bit more protection
I live in Western Canada but have a good Bud in Mesa.
He is likely driving up next spring. Is the shield still available?
I have no idea what it might cost to ship it to my place in Peachland BC. I’d pay the shipping.
But maybe shipping it to my friend in Mesa AZ might be more cost effective. Are you still looking for 125 US?
if I paid the shipping would you take 100 US?
I just bought the 1400 as my BMW K 1200 abs modulator failed Huge bucks to replace and impossible to find replacement. My first Sport tourer was a C1000 and it was wonderful.
The BMW was great but a money pit when it needed repairs.
Happily Back to a Connie 1400 and retirement. I intend to do a loop from BC and ride the 101 down to CA, over to AZ and north back to BC. A Bucket list trip I’ve been planning since 2018 but unable to complete because of some health issues that came up. I’m back and want to get on that trip! 👍
Thanks
Steve Woods
PS. Not sure if this will be publicly posted so I’ll hold off putting in contact info for now
Hello Steve -

I had a K1200 also, but was never comfortable on it. It was too tall and top heavy for me, and the bar/shield combination was never comfortable. I didn't want to spend more trying to get it to fit. These bikes suffer from failed rear main seals, which I replaced to fix the the slipping clutch - a 20 hr job. Only bike I've ever owned and didn't miss once it was gone.

Yes, the shield is still available, sitting quietly, untouched and wrapped, in its original carton. I'd take $100 to see it go to someone who would be able to enjoy it.
I checked shipping rates via the UPS site and shipping to Mesa in Jan would be ~$65US; shipping to Peachland ~$85US. These are non-commercial rates available to anyone. If you have access to commercial rates, the cost might be quite a bit less.
You can reach me directly via gmail - grr1252@...
Gary

Gary sent it to me and it’s on the bike. Plus. A couple of deflectors at a super price. Thanks Gary.
Merry Christmas to me!

Attachments

• 340717F1-B4C5-4D50-A3D6-E46D346C1A24.jpeg
    340717F1-B4C5-4D50-A3D6-E46D346C1A24.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 122