• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD......Old Nintendo anyone?

bowtie39

Has been in a closet or two since probably 1988.  Box, packing, literature and components are in great condition.  Only rub is the games are gone.  Don't know who, what, when or why and it's been too many years to find out.  Shipped for 125.00 lower 48    Thanks

Here they are.....

Attachments

• IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 92
sininja said:
do you think it still works?  I got 20 games packed away but no system I wore mine out!
Yes......however I don't have a game to make sure.  I am willing to work something out if it doesn't if that will help

I got a bunch of games and the unit but my son lost the controllers somehow.  I might take them if the unit proves unworthy.

Now that it is sold...  Are they not coming out with a NEW old system that is going to sell for like half what you were asking for this old old one?  I think I saw it was $80 and came with the games built in but I could be wrong.

smithr1 said:
Now that it is sold...  Are they not coming out with a NEW old system that is going to sell for like half what you were asking for this old old one?  I think I saw it was $80 and came with the games built in but I could be wrong.

It was the NES Classic. It was a short lived, highly desired product that they killed waaaay too quickly;

http://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/

You can get far more for less by getting a raspberry pi w/ a ROM called RetroPie. I have one myself...has thousands of games over like 10 platforms on it right now.

smithr1 said:

Yeah, they brought out a preloaded version, with a silghtly smaller box, but it tanked, because all the old gamers still had dozens of games on cartriges they wanted to play...and couldn't... the preloaded games were pretty limited also, from what I saw originally.

I have the exact same original gaming system, but no original box (like, I actually played with the system... box was tossed the day it was bought)

Also have the deluxe gaming joystick controller, along with the mini ones... and a bunch of games... I have to dig them all out and get a tally... might toss them up for sale if there is interest...  I'm sure it all still works like when it was new.  Hopefully I can find the "secret codes" books I had also, that tell you how to invoke hidden areas of games, and change features for attaining the higher levels and back doors to them.....

Couldn't be more wrong.  Stores couldn't keep any on the shelf.  Hugely popular and impossible to find anywhere near retail price. 

MAN OF BLUES said:
smithr1 said:

Yeah, they brought out a preloaded version, with a silghtly smaller box, but it tanked, because all the old gamers still had dozens of games on cartriges they wanted to play...and couldn't... the preloaded games were pretty limited also, from what I saw originally.

I have the exact same original gaming system, but no original box (like, I actually played with the system... box was tossed the day it was bought)

Also have the deluxe gaming joystick controller, along with the mini ones... and a bunch of games... I have to dig them all out and get a tally... might toss them up for sale if there is interest...  I'm sure it all still works like when it was new.  Hopefully I can find the "secret codes" books I had also, that tell you how to invoke hidden areas of games, and change features for attaining the higher levels and back doors to them.....

I was gonna say......it sold out and retails for 2-3x on ebay right now. It's a bit of a hard spend when you can get a raspberry pi for 50 bucks, and install retropie and have a full, multigaming console with todays hardware for about the same price.

It was flawed though. It was an emulator running modern hardware, but as MOB said you couldn't play classic carts that you still had lying around. I do see that as being a complaint, but never one that would cause it to 'tank.' They should have done a 'rental' like service with the online store that wii uses... where you can 'rent' old games from time to time. That would be cool...

I'm actually a bit of a collector of old games/systems like the NES.  If anyone has any old games they are looking to get rid of, I'm more than happy to take a look through and see if I may be able to relieve you of your burdens!

I recently took my old NES apart and rebuilt it with NOS components.  Works really well now, and you don't have to blow on the games to get them to run any more*!

*I should mention here, you actually should never do this -- it causes additional corrosion!  But we all did it as kids anyway...