• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD OTP Laptop For Sale

Bud

I've got a few too many laptops, so I'm offering this fine example of a Dell Inspiron 1545 up for sale, with all proceeds to benefit the Over The Pond program.  The sale price will include free shipping to the lower 48.  This originally shipped from Dell with Windows Vista.  Vista was crap and being a typical frugal COGger, I have installed the 64 bit version of Lubuntu 18. 
https://lubuntu.net/  For those folks that aren't computer literate, this is a lightweight version of Ubuntu Linux (Totally free....take that Microshaft) that looks an awful lot like Windows XP.  If you're longing for the old days of XP but want an up to date operating system, this would be for you.  This would be a good laptop for the garage or to put the kid or grandkid on so they don't get your main computer infected with who knows what.  Maybe just keep it for yourself.  Another benefit to Lubuntu is that it doesn't take a super computer to run it.  If you're concerned about not being able to use it, I can install a remote control program that would allow me to show you around or help in some way.  I will also show you how to remove it once it's no longer needed for some piece of mind if you like.  I'm flexible.  Specs are shown below in the pictures.  Help me help Over The Pond!  $100 without a battery. (Not needed to operate) or $116.00 with a new battery I'll pick up on ebay.  Payment for the laptop will be made directly to the OTP fund at OTP.USA@cox.net.  This is easy to surf the net with!

Attachments

• 20190225_124746_50.jpg
    20190225_124746_50.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20190225_123904_50.jpg
    20190225_123904_50.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Dell_1545_Specs_88.jpg
    Dell_1545_Specs_88.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Dell 1545 Start.jpg
    Dell 1545 Start.jpg