• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD! Pullback risers

They arrived today. The longer bolts seem way too long. The threads are way down below the triple tree when the bolt head sets flush in the hole.

In the second image pay no attention to the bolt for the bar sticking up by my fingers. This image shows how far below the upper tree the longer bolt threads are.

Attachments

• 20220325_135854.jpg
    20220325_135854.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220325_135836.jpg
    20220325_135836.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 89
They arrived today. The longer bolts seem way too long. The threads are way down below the triple tree when the bolt head sets flush in the hole.

In the second image pay no attention to the bolt for the bar sticking up by my fingers. This image shows how far below the upper tree the longer bolt threads are.
Been a while since i mounted mine, have you tried the short bolts to hold the risers and then the long bots through the handle bars to the risers?

I am going to take a wild-ass guess here...

Perhaps the long bolts are so that you could use them as ONLY risers, stacking the stock bar mounts on top of the new blocks you just received using the forward holes.

OR you could use the stock bolts there to mount the new blocks to the upper triple tree, then use the shorter bolts you received with the kit to mount the stock bar mounts through the rear tapped holes in the new blocks.

My own setup has the riser blocks and the pullback plates as separate components; I'm wondering if this functions as both depending on how you mount it?

Fastenova I think you are correct. The bolts would have been perfect for that 4" setup. I ordered new bolts and got them mounted today. Thanks for the responses.