• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Soldiers Grove-Gathering on the Green

ZG/ZN Kim

You know, this will be my 3rd Gathering on the Green. The one thing I definitely have learned, everybody thinks I drink cheap beer.. Anyway I need some advice, I bought some Spotted Cow(good stuff)  to bring up to Soldiers Grove. Do I need to keep it refrigerated so it does not go skunky? Because the stuff I normally consume can sit out in the sun for a couple months, pop it in the fridge, and still tastes refreshing.
I plan on being up there Thursday PM.

You do drink cheap beer. I don't think any of it lasts long enough to get skunky.  :)

The Spotted Cow will be fine. It won't last long enough to go bad. In the future, buy it warm and put it on ice once you get to your destination.

Enjoy your new beverage selection, once the kickstand is down for the day. Who knows, some day I'll see you with an IPA.

Kim
Are you for sure going to be there Thursday ?
Wasn't planning until noon or so on Friday as I am going out to the Black Hills on Monday.

Well, Tuesday Steve Pragman and I will be riding up to Duluth(Aerostich), then on up to Grand Marais. Wednesday riding up along the north shore of Superior then  to Voyageurs National Park. Thursday we will haul our azz's south to Soldiers Grove. Should get there around 8:00 PM. More than happy to help Joanne when we get there.
Glad to here the Spotted Cow can sit in the sun, and still taste good!

ZG/ZN Kim said:
All kidding aside, this is a very good camp/ride event. Hope we can get some new/old faces there.

This old face will be there. It has become one of my favorite events.  At this point, I am planning on leaving after work on Thursday and should be there around 7:00.

Brian said:
ZG/ZN Kim said:
All kidding aside, this is a very good camp/ride event. Hope we can get some new/old faces there.

This old face will be there. It has become one of my favorite events.  At this point, I am planning on leaving after work on Thursday and should be there around 7:00.

I’m planning on a Thursday afternoon/evening arrival too, see you then.

Sorry the Kerkow mobile fun wagon will not appear until Friday. You folks all behave until we get there :)
BTW in my effort to get rid of things I have not used in years I found my name branded Frisbee. Joane has declined my invitations to assist me with the use of this cool item. I will be bringing it along. If I fail to use during the weekend it will go the way of many other things I really thought I needed

I know he has a very busy agenda, but someone needs to convince Cookie to make this event.  In addition, I am sorry to report that I had company this past weekend, and there are only 9 cans of Spotted Cow left. I would hate to see Jim miss out on this.

Jeff Kerkow said:
I found my name branded Frisbee.

Like this one?
220px-Frisbee_090719.jpg

I taught Frisbee class for fun and $25 back in 1980 at UW-Whitewater.  Good times!

Matt,

Sounds like you have all the qualifications to come out and camp/ride this wonderful event. Jeff and his gang would love to see you.

Kim,
Sorry, but I can't make this event. I have a family wedding that weekend. The nine remaining Spotted Cows will help season your taste buds so you can enjoy the finer vintages of good beer. Make sure you drink it in a pint glass. You must continue your training, grasshopper. May the brew be with you.

Remember, I'm only 30 miles from the Wisconsin border. Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel and Moon Man are only a half hour from the house on those days when most people are still working. It takes a little longer on weekends, but it's still manageable.

I am adjusting well to my new schedule. I'm keeping busy cleaning out 30 years of accumulated stuff and spending my time with my grandkids. I do miss the pay checks.

Enjoy the Gathering on the Green. It's a great event with excellent riding. I'll try to get my relatives to do a better job of planning weddings for next year.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it until Friday due to family obligations that have come up. :mad:  Bummer.  Save me a good tent spot...

Thanks Dave, We had a really great time even tho it was a “little” warm… Lisa commented on the way home  about how she enjoyed hearing some of the legal cases you had been working on and said that was interesting. She is now able to put faces with names of people in our club and we have better conversations for it.

I know my David enjoys getting together with the “us old folks” to ride – he struggles to find conversation topics but I think he was well engaged on this outing. Kind of surprised him when Matt Brezki and Jeff Kerkow were able to relate to his line of work – I think we are slowly gaining a member or at least a more regular participant.

I ALWAYS enjoy visiting as much as riding so it was a good weekend.

Please pass along to Jake our appreciation of his efforts in the meal prep/planning/execution – I have done this type of thing for gatherings and understand what it takes to make it come off appropriately – he’s a good man for carrying that torch.

- Again thank you for coordinating the venue to bring us all together – wonderful weekend.

Regards,
Scott

Cobber said:
I know my David enjoys getting together with the “us old folks” to ride – he struggles to find conversation topics but I think he was well engaged on this outing. Kind of surprised him when Matt Brezki and Jeff Kerkow were able to relate to his line of work – I think we are slowly gaining a member or at least a more regular participant.

Regards,
Scott

Glad to have met you and your David that day.  I hope he enjoys his job and the quality of the Allen-Bradley products he uses.  I wish I knew more about the use of the products but David seems to know his stuff.

Ride safe!