• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Soldiers Grove-HOBO Rally July 12th

Jeff

Kim, Thanks so much for setting this ride up.  I had a great time.  Great food, great people and great riding.  Also, it was a pleasure to meet the Kansas brothers,  thanks for all the great food.  Good times feeling a bit like an outlaw.  Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you.

LSGiant

Thanks to Kim, Scott, Dan, and everyone else for putting this together. I got back to the northern home about a half an hour ago after stopping at Cookies to put on new rear tires on his and my bikes.

ZG/ZN Kim

Jeff said:
Kim, Thanks so much for setting this ride up.  I had a great time.  Great food, great people and great riding.  Also, it was a pleasure to meet the Kansas brothers,  thanks for all the great food.  Good times feeling a bit like an outlaw.  Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you.

Jeff, we did not encounter anymore "rabid" county truck drivers.

I want to thank everyone who attended. Special shout out to Dan Kierl for bringing an abundant supply of homemade brats. The brat and bean supper Friday night made for interesting camping sounds.

Want to make sure that best wishes  go out to Mohsen Dkhili, who got into a pretty good accident on Saturday(7/13).

Looking forward to GATHERING ON THE GREEN in 2020!!!!

Cookie

Thanks to everyone who helped put this event on. I'm glad I had a chance to attend. The excellent Wisconsin cuisine (brats, beans, kraut and beer) helped me add a few of the pounds I had lost. In my case, it was a good thing.

Please keep Mohsen in your thoughts and prayers. He is lucky to survive the accident. I was one of four of group who saw it happen. It was a horrible thing to see. It's hard to get the vision of it to stop playing through my mind. I'm fine, but it's going to be a tough recovery for Mo. His use of top quality riding gear is the only reason he is still alive.

ATGATT - Every time, all the time. Don't get in the saddle without quality riding gear. You life does depend on it.

Mo, get well, my friend.

This was a very enjoyable event - we did have an unfortunate event to cap off an otherwise excellent weekend. Thank you Kim for organizing, bringing fire wood, groceries, kitchen items etc to pull off the whole deal, dan - sausages were "primo"

David had great time even tho some dumb a** left his camping gear at home (that would be me) - he shows minimal scarring/trauma from the stories/lies being told around the campfire - dont know if you ever caught him in smile just listening - taking it in. Great to see when we get home he has as many stories to tell as I do about our rides. Good times!

Take aways from the weekend:
1. ATGATT - David will have riding pants soon
2. Medical / Contacts card in your sleeve - would have helped us in this situation
3. Know how to use your tire plug kit - a few of us had mini tech session out of necessity
4. See something say something - those in attendance will get this -nothing further explained

Mohsen - best wishes, see you down the road.

tundra tom

A big THANK YOU to Kim for organizing and going above and beyond to support this event!
It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones.
The riding was superb as was the food. Baked Cobbler made fresh while Camping, great stuff Scott.
Added bonus was a new Brew Pub in town with real Beer.... :D :beerchug:
A few pictures to follow.
Hoping for a speedy recovery to Mohsen. Always wear all your protective Gear to matter what. Also be hyper observant.
Ride On!