• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Southwest Meet and Greet

Charby

It's on! Devil's Cut Meet and Greet in Springerville Arizona. September 7th and 8th. Ride the Devil's Highway. (Formerly Hwy 666 now 191). Average high temperature in the upper 70s so riding will be great.
Ride is posted on the Calendar so sign up now.
Hotel info: Reed's Lodge 514 E Main St, Springerville, AZ 928-333-4323 www.k5reeds.com  Rooms $69.99 very clean and large. Many have 2 queen beds so rooms can be shared. Ponderosa rooms $79.99 little newer and in back against the grass sitting area. Make your reservations soon. You can cancel your reservation 24 hours before with no charge if you can't make it.
Jet Fixer (John) and I will probably go up on Thursday 9/6 to get some extra riding in if anybody else wants to go up early.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

I've signed up but I have some things that may crop up throughout September and October that I can't avoid so hopefully I can make it. Duty calls sometimes.

Charby said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Registered. Come make fun of the Old Man. I'm working on a softball dunking booth.

Just don't wear your speedo again. :-\
It's my fave but OK. I'll get the back waxed. May have the counterweight talked into it. Anybody bringing the SO?

Charby said:
Registered. Come make fun of the Old Man. I'm working on a softball dunking booth.

It's my fave but OK. I'll get the back waxed. May have the counterweight talked into it. Anybody bringing the SO?

Mine will come as long there are some others. She didn't want to be the only responsible one there.

Charby said:
Charby said:

Mine will come as long there are some others. She didn't want to be the only responsible one there.
Right! Same here. Pretty sure she is in. Will advise.  :great:

I'll put it on my schedule! I live in Morenci, so at the base. I'll be glad to help ride plan if needed since it's my back yard.  Let me know!

What we most need to know is where's the best place for lunch in Morenci/Clifton.  ;D

SoCal Riders will be coming!  Have not made reservations yet but will soon!! Great job Dan!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Well, The counterweights plans got nixed due to the WWW at work (Wicked Witch of the West) so running solo. I will however offer free grandpa hugs to all women that show (good grandpa hugs not bad grandpa hugs  :))

In.  Reservations made.

R&J are caging along as well.  That means there's cargo space for Buffalo Trace.

:)

We are leaving Thursday and heading to Page, AZ for the night (via Hurricane UT, Fredonia AZ, Jacob Lake AZ) then on down to Springerville on Friday through Flagstaff and Payson.

Saturday ride will likely be the loop:  Down US-191 to AZ/NM-79 over to US-180, back north to Alpine.

:motonoises:

Please reveal travel Plans. Looking at leaving Hendo Thurs Morn and overnighting in Holbrook again. Into Springerville on Friday. Easy peasy ride. Flower sniffing and pi'ture takin'.

Please reveal travel Plans. Looking at leaving Hendo Thurs Morn and overnighting in Holbrook again. Into Springerville on Friday. Easy peasy ride. Flower sniffing and pi'ture takin'.

Mark, that sounds like fun!  I sure wish that Jorge and I could be there.  Four more years and I retire.  It can't get here fast enough!

Irene

funsize said:

Mark, that sounds like fun!  I sure wish that Jorge and I could be there.  Four more years and I retire.  It can't get here fast enough!

Irene
g
Hear ya sis. The left coast is beckoning.  :beerchug: ;)

What route are you taking to Holbrook?  And what route to Springerville afterwards?

CaffeineMan said:

What route are you taking to Holbrook?  And what route to Springerville afterwards?
Prolly 66 to Flag and slab to Holbrook. I have to look at the route to Springerville. What you thinkin'?

CaffeineMan said:
Prolly 66 to Flag and slab to Holbrook. I have to look at the route to Springerville. What you thinkin'?

I was just wondering if I'd run into you (bang! :D) on my way to Page on Thursday or to Springerville on Friday.  I'm going north through Utah to Page, so I'll probably miss you there, but we might run into each other depending on how much wandering around you do on Friday.

On Friday for me it will be Page->Flag->Payson->Pinetop-Lakeside->detour to Big Lake->Eagar->Springerville

There's a tiny stretch of Butler Gold on 261 from Big Lake to Eagar.

CaffeineMan said:
CaffeineMan said:

I was just wondering if I'd run into you (bang! :D) on my way to Page on Thursday or to Springerville on Friday.  I'm going north through Utah to Page, so I'll probably miss you there, but we might run into each other depending on how much wandering around you do on Friday.

On Friday for me it will be Page->Flag->Payson->Pinetop-Lakeside->detour to Big Lake->Eagar->Springerville

There's a tiny stretch of Butler Gold on 261 from Big Lake to Eagar.
:great: :beerchug:

Mark, I may be able to join you in Las Vegas on Wednesday...spend a night at a fine resort and ride with you Thursday....I also could meet you in Kingman on Thursday and ride with you the rest of the way to Holbrook. Have to find out who else is coming out from California. What ever way we get to Springerville it looks like a very fun weekend! Looking forward to it!!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:    :great:

Rusty said:
Mark, I may be able to join you in Las Vegas on Wednesday...spend a night at a fine resort and ride with you Thursday....I also could meet you in Kingman on Thursday and ride with you the rest of the way to Holbrook. Have to find out who else is coming out from California. What ever way we get to Springerville it looks like a very fun weekend! Looking forward to it!!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:    :great:
Kewl!

Charby said:
15 registered so far. Any Significant Others coming? Mine doesn't want to be the only one!
Counterweight is out due to the J O B. You get my email?

Were out. really would like to go but we are two weeks riding in and around the Sisters NorthWest Regional in a couple weeks and both events are too close together

I'm coming, no way i miss out  :D

I'll be leaving from Albuquerque around 2 pm on that Friday.
If anyone is going from here and hook up, let me know

Looking forward to seeing ya'll

Ted

Awesome Ted  :great: I was peaking at a map today between conference calls (well, truth be told during  :-X) Looks like an overnight somewhere in the prescott/sedona area may be nice for a Thursday layover. Ride that Bagdad roller coaster again then in through sho low? Whaddya think Russ, C'man? https://goo.gl/maps/fkZt6n968TN2

man, i wish i had the time to get lost for a couple more days and hang with you all..... it's been a while since I've been out that way

Ted

Cali Cruiser said:
This overnight part- is that camping or Motel stuff?
I'm old. I pay for a mattress, porcelain and AC. A coffee maker is a plus, an ice machine is required and a Jacuzzi or a pool is a 5 star Michelin rating. I'll camp if I have to. I don't have to.

Camping is fun!!! Though.... I would rather be like Mark and stay in a Motel with all the fun stuff that Mark called out! Plus a refrigerator is nice too!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

You guy's call it. Your doing more miles than me. If'n ya wanna hang in the prescott/sonora ao Thursday night I can set it up. Then into Springerville Friday. You lemme know. That Bagdad road is a doer though. Great drops and rises through the arroyos and twists and turns. It's a roller coaster ride. Then a big blast with an altitude adjustment into Prescott. Great stuff. The run through to Show low looks like fun too.

Awesome Ted  :great: I was peaking at a map today between conference calls (well, truth be told during  :-X) Looks like an overnight somewhere in the prescott/sedona area may be nice for a Thursday layover. Ride that Bagdad roller coaster again then in through sho low? Whaddya think Russ, C'man? https://goo.gl/maps/fkZt6n968TN2

I'm out on that option.  My plans have already been made for me to stay in Page on Thursday night, but I think you guys should go for it.

Old man, might be able to ride up Friday morning and meet you in Prescott and ride over to Payson with whoever shows up.
At least this is the way I assume you to be going, having trouble with google maps roads not showing unless zoomed in real close.

I'm planning on staying at my sisters house in Show Low Friday and Saturday. Would like to meet & ride with you guys over the weekend. I live in Mission Viejo, Ca.

Saturday, Sept 8 is the annual pie festival in Pie Town, NM about 60 miles east of Springerville. Just sayin... ;)

Valves adjusted.
New Delkevic slip on.
ECU is on it's way back from Ivan.
Rusty and Jet Fixer will be there.
............. Anybody bringing bail money? :eek:

Charby said:
Valves adjusted.
New Delkevic slip on.
ECU is on it's way back from Ivan.
Rusty and Jet Fixer will be there.
............. Anybody bringing bail money? :eek:
I'll be 2 miles up the road if you need me,  :beerchug: :) :)) :))

Booked a room for Thurs night in Prescott at the Motor Lodge. What do you suggest for Friday morn Scott?

Booked a room for Thurs night in Prescott at the Motor Lodge. What do you suggest for Friday morn Scott?

What time do you want to leave Prescott?
Anybody riding to Prescott with you?
I suggest (if you want to eat breakfast or lunch full menu anytime) Backburner family restaurant in Prescott Valley close to 89a the road to Jerome.
So take 89a thru Jerome to 260 thru Camp Verde to 87 to Payson, then pick up 260 to Springerville right at 250 miles.
If this sounds like a plan let me know, if you have other ideas lets hear them.
We can meet at your motel or the Backburner just let me know which one and what time as I have about 100 miles to get there the short way or 150 miles the fun way!

Gscott said:

What time do you want to leave Prescott?
Anybody riding to Prescott with you?
I suggest (if you want to eat breakfast or lunch full menu anytime) Backburner family restaurant in Prescott Valley close to 89a the road to Jerome.
So take 89a thru Jerome to 260 thru Camp Verde to 87 to Payson, then pick up 260 to Springerville right at 250 miles.
If this sounds like a plan let me know, if you have other ideas lets hear them.
We can meet at your motel or the Backburner just let me know which one and what time as I have about 100 miles to get there the short way or 150 miles the fun way!
Sounds good to me. Hope to have a few So Cal folks along. Probably not to early. It's what about 4/5 hrs from Prescott to Springerville? Meet up at 9/10A? Get into Springerville around 3?

Registered with COG and reserved hotel.  First event with the SouthWest COG. :)

I'll be heading up early on the 7th from Sierra Vista, AZ heading up Interstate 10 then getting on HWY 191 all the way up to Springerville and heading back early on the 9th.  If anyone wants to link up on the way up please let me know. 

Looking forward to finally meeting everyone! 

~ Mike

Saint_Arc said:

I'll be heading up early on the 7th from Sierra Vista, AZ heading up Interstate 10 then getting on HWY 191 all the way up to Springerville and heading back early on the 9th.  If anyone wants to link up on the way up please let me know. 

~ Mike
Suhweet! Looking forward Sir!

KnoxSwift said:
UGH...
I'll be in Montana at this time.
But I'll be riding up there....

Thought you went undercover. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hopefully next time. Enjoy Montana.

Charby said:
KnoxSwift said:
UGH...
I'll be in Montana at this time.
But I'll be riding up there....

Thought you went undercover. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hopefully next time. Enjoy Montana.

Still about, it's just the C14 is so good I don't have any questions to ask on the forum...ha!
Also entered the next phase of motorcycling. Tow it with camper and explorer other states. As mentioned on my way to MT and will be riding around Flathead Lake area for a week or two.

Had to take a day off to do a recon in Springerville. About 40 Big Horn Sheep hanging out watching humans go by.

Attachments

• Big Horn 3.jpeg
    Big Horn 3.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 121
Saint_Arc said:

~ Mike

I take it you didn't sell the bike then. I'm going up thru Globe but going up on Thursday. See you up there.

Bad Example said:
CaffeineMan said:
What we most need to know is where's the best place for lunch in Morenci/Clifton.  ;D
https://pjscafe.business.site
PJ's in Clifton isn't bad

Thanks. Was going to ask if there a restaurant around Clifton or Morenci that was large enough to hold around 20. Depending on the time it takes us to do the loop we can have lunch there or if it's too early, then in Alpine.

Charby said:
Bad Example said:
CaffeineMan said:

Thanks. Was going to ask if there a restaurant around Clifton or Morenci that was large enough to hold around 20. Depending on the time it takes us to do the loop we can have lunch there or if it's too early, then in Alpine.
Nothing in Morenci based on last time through. Clifton had a couple spots. What are everyone's plans? Clockwise our counter? Gonna be a great ride.

Charby said:
Bad Example said:
CaffeineMan said:

Nothing in Morenci based on last time through. Clifton had a couple spots. What are everyone's plans? Clockwise our counter? Gonna be a great ride.

Thinking clockwise and lunch in Clifton. If it's too early then lunch in Alpine. After that back up towards Springerville and those that want to ride some more, head west on the 260. That's where I saw the Bighorn. Nice riding around the Snowbowl ski area.

While sitting around bench racing at the motel maybe we could discuss the upcoming ride in the hills outside of San Diego and see who’s interested in planning something good and set a date. Is that a bueno idea ??

Cali Cruiser said:
While sitting around bench racing at the motel maybe we could discuss the upcoming ride in the hills outside of San Diego and see who’s interested in planning something good and set a date. Is that a bueno idea ??
Sounds good to me!! Temecula, Borrego Springs or maybe Pine Valley?  :)

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Rusty said:
Cali Cruiser said:

In. Just got word Keith may be meeting up in Prescott. What you guys plan for Thurs? Meet in Kingman or you coming into Vegas on Wed?

For the following ride we could start at Angeles Crest Highway and go through Arrowhead, Big Bear, across 10 to Idylwild, Over to Palomar, down and over to Montezuma for lunch, up Banner Grade to Julian and up to Mt Laguna down to 8 and then down to Cuyamaca and back to Julian, back down Banner and back over to Borrego or wherever we would spend the night. If Borrego is the spot to say we could make reservations early for the motel called Stanlunds Inn or just end up wherever you guys choose. That’ll make for one excellent long ride and include 1.7 billion corners! Whatever you all choose works for me too though. Game for whatever. Time to do a group message and come up with ideas beyond that.

Rusty said:
Cali Cruiser said:

In. Just got word Keith may be meeting up in Prescott. What you guys plan for Thurs? Meet in Kingman or you coming into Vegas on Wed?
Whatever Rusty Russ wants to do as far as meet up. Already have room booked in Prescott so anything prior to that sounds like fun regardless. I’ll call that man and get the scoop.

Charby said:
Saint_Arc said:

~ Mike

I take it you didn't sell the bike then. I'm going up thru Globe but going up on Thursday. See you up there.

Had 7 people back out for various different reasons.  Wasn't happy essentially giving the bike away so decided to hang onto it a bit longer.  :mad:

Still enjoy her when I do take her out just have to watch out for the other knuckle heads out there.  See you soon!  :)

We have our reservations in Springerville! Having problems getting two beds at The Motor Lodge in Prescott....may need to stay somewhere else nearby! Waited too long! Looking forward to it...Have Attila, myself, Bob, and Troy coming to Prescott Thursday. We may have 2 or 3 other riders from SoCal coming too. Woohoo!

With the party happening in Priskitt Thursday , John and I might just be heading that way. We were going to head to Springerville to get things ready, mints on the pillows, name tags on the blow up dolls, etc but figured you might be able to use a couple of escorts across Northern AZ. :-[

Charby said:
With the party happening in Priskitt Thursday , John and I might just be heading that way. We were going to head to Springerville to get things ready, mints on the pillows, name tags on the blow up dolls, etc but figured you might be able to use a couple of escorts across Northern AZ. :-[
Me likey.  Now as far as escorts this happened once before so word to the newbs. When the blue and red lights come on (in front of you) proceed at minimum 1 mile further then gather at a safe spot until safe to proceed. But then Charby and Jetfixer have an in with the locals. They may be just sayin' hi.  ;) :beerchug: :)) :))

Charby said:
Me likey.  Now as far as escorts this happened once before so word to the newbs. When the blue and red lights come on (in front of you) proceed at minimum 1 mile further then gather at a safe spot until safe to proceed. But then Charby and Jetfixer have an in with the locals. They may be just sayin' hi.  ;) :beerchug: :)) :))
The memories  ;D

For those that may wanna. Mr. Keith and I will be heading to the North Rim Grand Canyon when we depart on Sunday to spend Sunday night in Jacob Lake. North across the Nations if anybody has an extra day to burn all are welcome. Easy Peasy return to So Cal, AZ, UT on Monday. Never been to the North rim. Wanna see and the road looks like fun.

For those that may wanna. Mr. Keith and I will be heading to the North Rim Grand Canyon when we depart on Sunday to spend Sunday night in Jacob Lake. North across the Nations if anybody has an extra day to burn all are welcome. Easy Peasy return to So Cal, AZ, UT on Monday. Never been to the North rim. Wanna see and the road looks like fun.

Just made reservations for the Motel at the Jacob Lake Inn. Is that where you are staying also Mark?

Rusty said:

Just made reservations for the Motel at the Jacob Lake Inn. Is that where you are staying also Mark?
Aye. Bitchin'.

I've got a plan for those leaving from So. Cal. and it may or not work for some. I was talking to Russ about riding out with a few people Thursday morning and we live in Mission Viejo.
7am dept. Mission Viejo (5)south to (78)
9am arr. Julian for breakfast at Granny's Kitchen & gas
Ride through Anza Borrgo to Quartzsite (10)Lunch & gas
Ride to Prescott (60) (71)
Just an idea, but I think this would be a fun start for the ride and look forward to meeting everyone.

JPlug said:
I've got a plan for those leaving from So. Cal. and it may or not work for some. I was talking to Russ about riding out with a few people Thursday morning and we live in Mission Viejo.
7am dept. Mission Viejo (5)south to (78)
9am arr. Julian for breakfast at Granny's Kitchen & gas
Ride through Anza Borrgo to Quartzsite (10)Lunch & gas
Ride to Prescott (60) (71)
Just an idea, but I think this would be a fun start for the ride and look forward to meeting everyone.
If the plan is solid for 9 am at granny’s I think I’ll just meet you guys there. Also bringing another friend on his Blackbird unless something changes. Looks like he’s going to spend some quality time sleeping on the floor 😊

Charby said:
Rusty said:
Is there anybody that needs a roommate in Springerville at The Reed Lodge?

Russ, I got a room with 2 beds if someone wants to stay.
Thank you Dan If it ok with you. One of us... Attila, Bob or myself will be rooming with you.

If you guy's make that run through Borrego hit the box canyon east from Mecca takes you to the 10. Short run but a sweet piece of road. Watch for the sand in the corners.

Weather's looking perfect for Springerville. Friday high of 79 low of 53 partly sunny. Saturday high of 82 low of 51 mostly sunny.  :great:

Rusty said:
We have our reservations in Springerville! Having problems getting two beds at The Motor Lodge in Prescott....may need to stay somewhere else nearby! Waited too long! Looking forward to it...Have Attila, myself, Bob, and Troy coming to Prescott Thursday. We may have 2 or 3 other riders from SoCal coming too. Woohoo!

Where did you get rooms in Prescott? If I go there Thursday I can get a room with 2 beds if someone needs to share a room there too.

Sunday looks like a good route going to Jacob's Lake and checking out the North Rim. My friend John & I are going to Lost Wages after that on Monday. :))

Ha!  Sounds like I'm taking a similar route to y'all, but in reverse.

Thurs:  Pahrump -> St. George -> Jacob Lake -> Page
Fri:  Page -> Payson -> Big Lake loop -> Springerville

Sun: Springerville -> Priskitt (is that like Wista, Mass.?  ;D)
Mon:  Priskitt -> Skull Valley -> Kingman -> Pahrump

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday night and Saturday.  All you fast guys wave to me if you pass me between Payson and Springerville. :motonoises:

Anyone travelling at night in Northern AZ  watch out for elk. They like to stand in the middle of the road and guess what that light is approaching them. :-\

Charby said:
Anyone travelling at night in Northern AZ  watch out for elk. They like to stand in the middle of the road and guess what that light is approaching them.

Dan is absolutely correct. Attila and I almost had a confrontaion with several Elk riding at night! Be careful out there!

CaffeineMan said:
Ha!  Sounds like I'm taking a similar route to y'all, but in reverse.

Thurs:  Pahrump -> St. George -> Jacob Lake -> Page
Fri:  Page -> Payson -> Big Lake loop -> Springerville

Sun: Springerville -> Priskitt (is that like Wista, Mass.?  ;D)
Mon:  Priskitt -> Skull Valley -> Kingman -> Pahrump

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday night and Saturday.  All you fast guys wave to me if you pass me between Payson and Springerville. :motonoises:
Clockwise  :)

JPlug said:
Sunday looks like a good route going to Jacob's Lake and checking out the North Rim. My friend John & I are going to Lost Wages after that on Monday. :))
I'll tag along If'n you don't mind. I'll peel off at Moapa and head through Lake Mead to Hendo and the Garagio.  :great: :beerchug:

I'm psyched. See you in Priskittt tomorrow and Springerville  on Friday.  Here's my number in case anyone needs it. 520-490-3608.

Charby said:
I'm psyched. See you in Priskittt tomorrow and Springerville  on Friday.  Here's my number in case anyone needs it. 520-490-3608.
Great Job Dan!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

Me too. Good point, I'm in the concours members book but just in case my number is 505.595.5937. coming from Albuquerque, NM

Looking forward to getting out there.

Ted

Looking forward Cuz. We may have all AAD's gathered with the exception of Co. We will then discuss the continuation of SWAD, Because each of you will be nominated  :)

Thank you Dan for getting this great ride event going. 191 by far one of the best roads. I had a blast. Did 1100 miles total.  up and down 191  and mule creek pass yesterday and went 191 south again this morning, over mule creek pass then 180 up north going home. Thanks again and it is always great to see you all and hang with a bunch of great guys that share the same passion for twisties.

Ted

I must concur (concourier?). It was so great seeing everyone amongst great roads and attractions. I do believe we had every State except HI represented. The interest is there. The participation is there. The fun is there. Who will be next to step up and say "I have some great roads and lodging that is worthy of these wonderful people". Let's have a grand time. Many thanks go to Charby and Jetfixer for laying the groundwork. Awesome event. Who will be next to step up? I heard a few great suggestions over the weekend. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

OMC, Russ, Atilla...    Sorry I missed you guys. I was really looking forward to this. Also looking forward to meeting some new people. 
Can you believe it!  Two weeks before the event I do a recon ride to check out hotels, restaurants, and road conditions.  Report said info to the main man Charby.  All systems go and ready to rock.  :great: :great:
Two days before the event and I get sick as a dog!  WTH!!  :mad:

Oh well.  Whatrya gonna do.  I’m glad you all had a good time.  I definitely wanted to be there. 
Next time!!

I will however make up for some of it as I leave on the 21st for a six week journey across the country, with very few set planes or schedule.  :motonoises: :motonoises:  (Supject to some adjustments depending on how hurricane Florence decides how and where to make land fall).

Great job setting this up Dan!    :great:  I’m really sorry I missed out. 

I really enjoyed the Devil's Cut Meet and Greet in Springerville, Az. last weekend! Great group of riders that enjoyed each other's company and getting out on the roads! Thanks again to Dan and John for putting it all together and I look forward to the next Meet and Greet!! Maybe in Southern California SSSSHHH!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Rusty said:
I really enjoyed the Devil's Cut Meet and Greet in Springerville, Az. last weekend! Great group of riders that enjoyed each other's company and getting out on the roads! Thanks again to Dan and John for putting it all together and I look forward to the next Meet and Greet!! Maybe in Southern California SSSSHHH!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:  :beerchug:

100% agree and can’t wait for the next one. Charby is a cool dude and lots of good riders in our area make it all the more fun. Pretty sure he got the number of the flat tire lady too- smoooooth!