• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Southwest Ride Weekend of June 6th!

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Since no one has posted or commented on the Southwest for almost 2 months thought it was time to see if anyone is up for a ride this weekend? Thinking Angeles Crest Highway with a an outdoor lunch possibly at the Grizzly Café in Wrightwood. Anyone in Southern California interested? Weather should be great!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

I may be able to join in. Nothing in the schedule and should be getting my new front tire Friday.

Russ, if you go, take a couple of pictures and send them my way if you can. Appreciate it.

Ackkk -- I feel for you Ed. Needing to fill a magazine and none of the rallies are happening. Dang!

Listen buddy, I was planning to push the bike out of the garage this weekend, maybe air up the tires and through on some Pledge. I'll grab you some pics -- horizontal or vertical???  :))

DGOLD said:
I may be able to join in. Nothing in the schedule and should be getting my new front tire Friday.

Not sure what day yet..Looking right now at Sunday. Hope you can make it David!

Swampcat said:
Russ, if you go, take a couple of pictures and send them my way if you can. Appreciate it.

No problem Ed! I will take quite a few and select the best.  :)

SantaCruzRider said:
Ackkk -- I feel for you Ed. Needing to fill a magazine and none of the rallies are happening. Dang!

Listen buddy, I was planning to push the bike out of the garage this weekend, maybe air up the tires and through on some Pledge. I'll grab you some pics -- horizontal or vertical???  :))

Wish you could make it down here Dan! There is some really good riding on Angeles Crest Highway!  :motonoises:

Yeah, wish I could too. Just had a minor non-elective surgery and I won't be able to pull a helmet over my ugly mug for at least another two weeks.  Maybe later this summer???  :motonoises:

DGOLD said:

Hope you and others can make it! I may change the time to 30 minutes earlier because of all the traffic on the road for hikers. Right now below is the correct information. Good luck with the tire today David.  :)

Motorcycle Ride- Angeles Crest Highway Sunday, June 7th 8:30 am meetup with KSU at 9am. With stops at Newcomb's Ranch and lunch possibly at the Grizzly Café in Wrightwood. We will end our ride back in La Canada or possibly Tujunga. Meetup spot- Shell Station 4530 Angeles Crest Highway, La Canada/Flintridge 91011 818-790-3836. Just south of the 210 on Angeles Crest Highway. Please top off tanks before we leave at 9am. Hope many of you can make it despite the short notice.

Looks like I'm in but will check this posting about 7:30 for confirmation . if no one else joins in I can still meet Rusty if he wants.

DGOLD said:
Looks like I'm in but will check this posting about 7:30 for confirmation . if no one else joins in I can still meet Rusty if he wants.

I have posted this on the SoCal COG Facebook page also. We have 3 to 5 confirmed to be at the Shell Station on Sunday not including you David. I might change the time to 30 minutes earlier but check for that later tomorrow. Otherwise it will stay as is. Hope to see you there!

Anybody else want to come?  :)

Change of time for tomorrow's ride- Sunday, June 7th!

Meet at 8am and KSU at 8:30am

Everything else is the same! Hopefully see a few folks there including David!  ;)

No problem! We had 8 riders participate! Great day! I will try to plan another ride in a week or two! See you next time!

CA-Blue said:
Missed this one  :mad:Looking forward to making the next one  :motonoises:
Great!! I plan on having a monthly ride scheduled at the very least! Next one I think will be in the Santa Monica Mountains! Some fun riding there! Rock Store and Neptune's Net stops planned.  :) See you at the next one Charles!