• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SPIDER RIDE 2016 SEPTEMBER 16TH-18TH

G-Mazz

The dates for Spider Ride 2016 are confirmed for September 16, 17 and 18 held at the HUZZAH VALLEY RESORT.  Make plans and mark your calendars now!  This is the largest event in the North Central Area featuring GREAT ROADS AND AWESOME MEMBERS.  Last year we have 75 riders from 15 states represented.  A great time will be had again this year.

Everything will basically be the same as previous years.  We will serve dinner Friday evening, breakfast and dinner Saturday, and Sunday breakfast.  While the menu is not yet set, figure Burgers/Dogs and side dish on Friday evening, a catered BBQ Saturday evening.  Breakfast will be cold and hot instant cereal both Saturday and Sunday.  For those of you who want to arrive Thursday, meals are on you. 

We again have Pavillion #1 reserved from Thursday through Sunday.  We have also reserved for campers the entire grassy area by the pavillion which runs along the river.  RV sites w/hook ups are also available.  Pay for Camp/RV sites at the HUZZAH VALLEY general store when you enter their facility.  Coin operated hot showers are close by.  A limited number of Cabin rentals are also available.  Early reservations for cabins is recommended and will be handled by HUZZAH VALLEY RESORT.  Tell them you are with the COG group.  For information about the resort, tent/RV fees and cabin reservations go to:  www.huzzahvalley.com

I'll get the event posted on the North Central calendar once I have a better idea of the event costs.  Continue to check this thread or look on the NC Calendar for the exact amount.  I should have a firm price by May 1st.

As the new event coordinator feel free to call/text me at 314-606-2233 or email me:  gmazzola@sbcglobal.net
I'm looking forward to another fantastic event and I hope to see you there.  Gary Mazzola

Gary you've got some big shoes to fill following in Tony's footsteps. I have no doubt you'll do a great though. Looking forward to my 5th Spider.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Thanks, I'm sure Tony will keep me pointed in the right direction.  I know everyone will have a great time again this year.  Please let your friends know the dates.  I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

I am making solid plans to go this year!! I have been a COG member since 1991, with a short break in time while I rode the ST11/1300's. (member #886)

This is less than 2 hours from the house. So if I don't have to work I'm in.

Very cool guys, thanks for the enthusiasm.  I've already had some offers to help with washing dishes and trash removal.  And yes I hope Tony will actually ride his bike this year.  Please spread the dates with members in the other areas. 

I will be checking on this one.

Why do they call it the Spider Ride?  Does it have to do with the roads?

Any ideas what the highlights of this years event will be?

Jeff and Tony can jump in on this response but this is the explanation given to me. 

The Spider Ride has taken place for 20 years.  As the event has grown in numbers, the number of states and distance representing where people come from to has also grown.  Thus a "web" of roads and miles created by those attending.

If I recall, apporximately 75 riders from 17 states from as far away as Massachusetts to the east and Colorado to the west attended last year.  Put it on your September to do list and we will see you there.

Spiders are very active going into fall weaving their webs that draw Cogger's from all directions into the web of the Spider Ride.  Doesn't matter, Just BE THERE .

Tony K said:
Spiders are very active going into fall weaving their webs that draw Cogger's from all directions into the web of the Spider Ride.  Doesn't matter, Just BE THERE .

OK.  :great:  :beerchug:

At this point, I plan on hitting the RWTW, then The Spider, mess around in AR for a bit and depending on weather, head for the big bend area. Probably on the KLR. I no longer have to be in a hurry to get back to that "w" word.  :great:

At this point, I plan on hitting the RWTW, then The Spider, mess around in AR for a bit and depending on weather, head for the big bend area. Probably on the KLR. I no longer have to be in a hurry to get back to that "w" word.  :great:
[/quote]

Steve, look me up while you're in AR, we've got plenty of room. Al normally stays here & rides up to the Spider with me.

Just Cliff said:

Steve, look me up while you're in AR, we've got plenty of room. Al normally stays here & rides up to the Spider with me.

[/quote]

:great:  :beerchug:

This will likely be a case of hitting your place after the Spider, iff'n that's OK.

The 2016 SPIDER RIDE (Sepetmber 16-18) is now posted on the NC event calendar.  The format and location is the same as previous years.  The Spider will be held at the Huzzah Valley Resort in Steelville, MO.  Camping and rooms are available. 
www.huzzahvalley.com for camp site and room information.

This year there will be a few additions and changes.

First Registration for the event will be on-line only. 

Second The meal menu has changed.  Saturday dinner will be a Whole Hog Roast! :great:  Dinner will include two side dishes, a choice of drink and dessert.  Saturday and Sunday morning we will have hot breakfast sandwiches, coffee, milk, juice. 

Registration is open now through September 1, 2016.  It is important everyone register by 9/1 so I know how much food and supplies to purchase and what size hog to buy to feed everyone.

I know some members are planning to arrive Thursday.  As in the past you are on your own for dinner.  We will figure something out for Friday morning breakfast.

I'm really excited and looking forward to this being another big event.  My contact information is with the online registration form if you have any questions or PM me from the forum site. 

I had reservations at Huzzahvalley for June 5-6 as I was going to be passing by and be only about 18 miles from them.
So I was going to do a 2 day test stay to get a lay of the land and the campground.

Had to cancel because of my accident.
They said they would keep my deposit on account for up to a year.

If at all possible, and I can be back to riding by that date, it will be a sure thing for me as I had to cancel ALL 3 of my motorcycle get togethers
I had planned in June including the National.

So as soon as I feel confident to hold up the bike with the broken leg and feel riding is safe I will more then likely be signing up for this one.
It's too early to tell just yet but I have high hopes that my entire season won't be a total loss and I can join you guys/gals in Sept.  :great:

My A$$umption is that reservations would not be required for tent camping, would that be correct?

Correct--We have a very large area reserved for tent camping.  There will be plenty of room for campers.  You can set up your campsite wherever you like. 

The 2016 SPIDER RIDE (Sepetmber 16-18) is now posted on the NC event calendar.  The format and location is the same as previous years.  The Spider will be held at the Huzzah Valley Resort in Steelville, MO.  Camping and rooms are available. 
www.huzzahvalley.com for camp site and room information.

This year there will be a few additions and changes.

First Registration for the event will be on-line only. 

Second The meal menu has changed.  Saturday dinner will be a Whole Hog Roast! :great:  Dinner will include two side dishes, a choice of drink and dessert.  Saturday and Sunday morning we will have hot breakfast sandwiches, coffee, milk, juice. 

Registration is open now through September 1, 2016.  It is important everyone register by 9/1 so I know how much food and supplies to purchase and what size hog to buy to feed everyone.

I know some members are planning to arrive Thursday.  As in the past you are on your own for dinner.  We will figure something out for Friday morning breakfast.

I'm really excited and looking forward to this being another big event.  My contact information is with the online registration form if you have any questions or PM me from the forum site.
Hope to see you there!!  Thanks, Gary Mazzola

G-Mazz said:
Correct--We have a very large area reserved for tent camping.  There will be plenty of room for campers.  You can set up your campsite wherever you like.

:great:

Thanx.

:beerchug:

Thanks Cliff!  I'll doing my best to keep up with your standards for a good time and great food.  See you in Helen and we can discuss morning breakfast for the early arrivers.

I'll be there as well. And below are links to photo albums of several years of spider rides

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous 2016 photos
https://2016horseshoemountainrendezvous.shutterfly.com/

This is the link to the 2015 Spider Ride
https://goo.gl/photos/noDVaW2BWR8pFCyR8

This is the link to the 2014 Spider Ride https://goo.gl/photos/KRbDdnMxphjpJZUD7

This is the link to the 2013 rally
https://goo.gl/photos/KRbDdnMxphjpJZUD7

This is the link to the 2012 rally
https://goo.gl/photos/8kfGzyqE2sUR18tt6

this is the link to the 2011 rally
https://goo.gl/photos/7AAZYzFyyYpanDje7

This is the link to the 2009 rally
https://goo.gl/photos/ucpaCrhSYa7iv9Gb6

Leo Weisman
toller@aol.com

Unfortunately Cindy and I are doubtful for this year. :'(  I can assure anyone "on the fence" about attending that it's a great time with outstanding riding and they should absolutely attend if they can.

Hot breakfast a plus in my mind as well😀 Turned in leave request yesterday. Looking to tie spider and Arkansas fall ride together😁

Registered today as well!!  Woo Hoo!!!    I will request the vacation, but I just started a new job, so Thursday will by iffy this year.

I haven't registered yet but I did put in for Thursday and Friday off to join in on the full flavor of the Spider Ride.

SteveJ. said:
G-Mazz said:
See you there Steve.

Yes you will. There may be one or two more of the Flowriduh Steves in my wake.  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug:

I'm bringing 2 Floridians back to Arkansas from the RWTW & then up to the Spider. If I bring 2 & Steve brings 2, that's a possible total of 5 Floridians.

There goes the neighborhood  :rotflmao:. Sorry Gary!

This is looking to be another huge year for the Spider! I can't wait :motonoises: :beerchug: :)

Tony K said:
Cliff........Sounds like you are running a homeless shelter for se-coggers.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just Cliff said:
SteveJ. said:
G-Mazz said:
See you there Steve.

Yes you will. There may be one or two more of the Flowriduh Steves in my wake.  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug:

I'm bringing 2 Floridians back to Arkansas from the RWTW & then up to the Spider. If I bring 2 & Steve brings 2, that's a possible total of 5 Floridians.

Not sure on the bringing two with me. Things have changed a bit. I will likely hit the Spider on my way home from playing for 5-6 weeks in the Rockies with the Roadtrek and KLR.

Regardless, there will be enough Flowidiots to trash the neighborhood.  :great: :beerchug:

Ok, I'm in. Just completed my registration. Once again, I'm bailing on my wife's family reunion at the park named after her Grandparents. It's not the first time. Probably won't be the last. Spider Ride vs. Family reunion. Looks like I made my choice.

Looking forward to this again. I had a great time last year.

Gary, do I need to contact the resort and reserve a campsite? Can't remember from last year.

hmmmm, i'll be at Bull Shoals the previous weekend, for the msta rally. might have to kill a week ripping around arkansas and missouri to make this one.
not sure if i can swing it, would put me well over 2 months off work for the year, riding and scuba diving. lol  :great:

JS_racer said:
hmmmm, i'll be at Bull Shoals the previous weekend, for the msta rally. might have to kill a week ripping around arkansas and missouri to make this one.
not sure if i can swing it, would put me well over 2 months off work for the year, riding and scuba diving. lol  :great:
I can think of worse places to kill a week. And iff'n ya wanna kill two weeks, there is the South Central Arkansas Fall rally the following weekend in Mountain View.

SteveJ. said:
Just Cliff said:
SteveJ. said:
G-Mazz said:
See you there Steve.

Not sure on the bringing two with me. Things have changed a bit. I will likely hit the Spider on my way home from playing for 5-6 weeks in the Rockies with the Roadtrek and KLR.

Regardless, there will be enough Flowidiots to trash the neighborhood.  :great: :beerchug:

Looks like I'm bringing 3 up with me now. There like rabbits down there  :rotflmao:!

Cookie said:
Ok, I'm in. Just completed my registration. Once again, I'm bailing on my wife's family reunion at the park named after her Grandparents. It's not the first time. Probably won't be the last. Spider Ride vs. Family reunion. Looks like I made my choice.

Looking forward to this again. I had a great time last year.

Gary, do I need to contact the resort and reserve a campsite? Can't remember from last year.
Jim, you only need to reserve if you bring an RV.

Tony,
Thanks for the information about campsite. I need to write more things down so I remember. I'll probably forget where I leave the note.

See you in September. Looks like I'm bringing another friend with, too. I'll make sure he gets his registration in.

:campfire:

time is drawing near..make your plans!

Registered and ready for another camping road trip.  :motonoises:  Just a few more weeks and it will be here! :beerchug:

Thanks Loren, Im glad you will be attending.  Thanks for supporting COG the way you do. 
Only 1 month away.  Let's get everyone registered early so I know what size hog to purchase for the Saturday evening roast.

Hey 35 currently registered.  It's starting to come together and the event is just 3 short weeks away and I'm expecting more. 
Let's get those registrations in so I know you're coming.  We've got a nice group showing from SE region.  I've got a campfire covered!  Thanks for the support.

Many coming in from the NC.  It looks like Cliff is going to lead the parade in from the SC.  Thanks Cliff

Great work everyone, keep 'em coming in.

Recently I completed an auto repair for a friend who works for a major beverage company.  He just made a substantial donation to the Spider Ride.  :great:

We just picked up four more members--39 and counting.  Way to go!!

G-Mazz said:
Recently I completed an auto repair for a friend who works for a major beverage company.  He just made a substantial donation to the Spider Ride.  :great:

We just picked up four more members--39 and counting.  Way to go!!
:great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

New tires :great:,
new LED headlights :-\,

new Slime pump ;D

I'm just busting out and ready to go.
:))

Now where's that pig? >:D

Way to go folks!!  We are at 46 this morning.  If you are thinking about attending please register now.  The drop dead date for purchasing a hog large enough to feed everyone is drawing nearer.  I want to be sure there is plenty for everyone.

Wow Gary... sounds like one it's going to.be another good one. If only we were closer  :'(
Or had more vacation days  :'(
I hope the weather is great  :great:
Jorge

Jorge I forgot you moved to Jacksonville.  Maybe next year you can create a bigger trip and the Spider being one of your destinations.  Good luck with all the rain and wind.  Stay safe and dry.

I'm awaiting word on a major install in Omaha that falls on this week. If I don't have to work over weekend I'll be at Huzzah. Wish I can commit on this

Well, not only is Thursday not going to happen... but it looks like the job is sending me out of town the week before.  I won't know my plans until they are finalized next week.  Not sure if I am willing for a Saturday night only after being out of town all week.  :(

MizzouMike said:
Registered today as well!!  Woo Hoo!!!    I will request the vacation, but I just started a new job, so Thursday will by iffy this year.

I got our deadline for food extended until Monday afternoon.  Mike you need to be with us on Saturday.  Too much fun and good food to pass up.  Rick hang in there buddy.  We'll leave the light on for you.  Just get on down here.  Tony did I miss Banks on my list, didn't see his name yet.  It will be great to have him there only this time he doesn't have to work!  You guys are doing an awesome job with Registration!!!

We are still planning to go to our first Spider Ride!!! Right now we are sitting in Moab, UT
Got here last night (1265 miles in 2 days, my wife is incredible she did it on her Ninja 1000).

Still don't have reservations at Huzzah, are there any rooms left?

Call this number:  1-800-367-4516.  You can check on room availability.  There is plenty of room is you decide you want to camp.  If you haven't already registered for the event on the COG site, please call me at 314-606-2233.  I'll need to add a couple more to the food list. 

We are up to 51 participants prior to this message.  Looks to be a great crowd from all around the country. 

I'm riding down from Minneapolis starting hopefully fairly early Thursday morning. If anyone is interested in riding together, let me know and we can discuss.

Like last year, a last minute change in work plans allows me to make it with missing the registration deadline. Gary thanks for squeezing me in!!

Brian, I can tootle on back North with ya.

I'll be making the Spider from KC via Indianapolis this time..Now my challenge is packing for business and camping.

Brian, Stronie and I will ride with you on Thursday. Call me and let's set up a meeting time and place.

Jeff,  do you have any gpx files on Spider Ride routes?

Brian, If there is room in your gang, I would love to join on the ride down.  Just not sure if I can get free from work on Thursday yet.

LSGiant,
Thanks for the gpx routes.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. Seem like we've been missing each other on rides this summer. I'll see you at the HFRO. Delaine and I are signed up and have a room at the Don Q.

Jeff said:
Brian, If there is room in your gang, I would love to join on the ride down.  Just not sure if I can get free from work on Thursday yet.

Hi Jeff, feel free to PM me if you want to connect. I am planning on Thurs, but there is a small chance I will leave Weds after work and do part of the trip, to finish on Thurs.

NOTE :      To anyone staying in Huzzah Valley lodging.    They only provide a mattress. You need to bring your own bedding and towels etc.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

They have laundry machines. For an extra $50 I will do your laundry, folded, not pressed. Bring a bag or something to cover up with until your clothes are done.  :great:

2fast said:
They have laundry machines. For an extra $50 I will do your laundry, folded, not pressed. Bring a bag or something to cover up with until your clothes are done.  :great:
You take a check?

Thanks for the replies.

2fast said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone :nananana:
While you're getting ready to leave for the 2016 Spider Ride, have a look a photos from past events :-\

link to the 2015 Spider Ride
https://goo.gl/photos/noDVaW2BWR8pFCyR8

This is the link to the 2014 Spider Ride https://goo.gl/photos/KRbDdnMxphjpJZUD7

link to the 2013 Spider Ride

https://goo.gl/photos/KRbDdnMxphjpJZUD7

link to the 2012 Spider Ride
https://goo.gl/photos/8kfGzyqE2sUR18tt6

link to the 2011 Spider Ride
https://goo.gl/photos/7AAZYzFyyYpanDje7

link to the 2009 Spider Ride
https://goo.gl/photos/ucpaCrhSYa7iv9Gb6

Helen Georgia COG national photos
http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/cog2016national/library/ 
http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/cog2016national/profile/

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous 2016 website, 2 links, same photos
https://2016horseshoemountainrendezvous.shutterfly.com/
https://goo.gl/photos/j2E35tBEyKLBuAQ88

I had planned to make the run this year, however a work related accident has left me with a broken leg and 4 months downtime.  I hope everyone has a great time. be careful, crutches  are not a good substitute for a handlebar.

Still in Seattle for work, and won't be back to KC until late tonight.  You guy/gals have a good time on the Spider.  Sorry I missed it  :'(

2 quarters is enough for the shower. My first Spider. Gary has set it up well. Next year lets put a portajohn near pavilion.

JR,
It's part of the wellness program in COG. That 1/2 mile walk to the bathroom is meant to help keep us all in good shape.
Jorge

Jorge said:
JR,
It's part of the wellness program in COG. That 1/2 mile walk to the bathroom is meant to help keep us all in good shape.
Jorge

I got stuck there up last evening while it rained cats and dogs. Shove wellness. :rotflmao: