• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SPIDER RIDE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

G-Mazz

Registration for the 22nd annual SPIDER RIDE is now open on the North Central Events calendar. 
The event will again be held at Huzzah Valley Resort in Steelville, MO.    www.huzzahvalley.com 
Tent camping is $11.50 per night or you can reserve in advance in one of their cabins for an additional charge.  Tent campers pay when you arrive.  Restrooms and coin operated hot showers are close by.

Registration is $40 for members, $50 for non-members and will include breakfast Friday, Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Friday and Saturday.  Friday dinner will be burgers and brats and Saturday will be a whole hog roast with sides and a dessert.

Here is the link: 
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=244171&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017-09-30%27%7D

Official dates will be September 15-17th, but everyone knows many of us will arrive Thursday the 14th.  Thursday dinner is on you. 

Great roads, great people, great food.  It doesn't get any better.  I'm expecting another big group this year.  Get yourself registered and tell your friends.

It'll be a struggle for me to chose between this or the Arkansas event held the same weekend. Good folks & friends at both I would like to see  :'(.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
It'll be a struggle for me to chose between this or the Arkansas event held the same weekend. Good folks & friends at both I would like to see  :'(.

I know, right?  So much for doing the trifecta. I'm hitting the Spider. That hog tasted mighty good last year.

On TDY near Mount Rainier

SteveJ. said:
Just Cliff said:

I know, right?  So much for doing the trifecta. I'm hitting the Spider. That hog tasted mighty good last year.

On TDY near Mount Rainier

Yes it was Steve, Gary did a great job his first go around.

Decisions decisions  :(.

Lets hope work does not get in the way of motorcycling... again.  I will keep my fingers crossed.

Well, time to meet some new people and someone mentioned the food was great at this rally....So I just signed up. Hope to meet some new riders.

Rico said:
Well, time to meet some new people and someone mentioned the food was great at this rally....So I just signed up. Hope to meet some new riders.
Good choice Rico !

Looking forward to meeting you Rico.  Bring your appetite and some of that sunny Florida weather! 

I'm out this year, unfortunately. HS football schedule didn't cooperate this year.

Y'all be safe & have a great time. Hope to see you next year.

Rico said:
This better be a good one! Heard to many good things about it!!!! LOL
A lot of it is what you make it. You'll be just fine. Plus, if you think the rally sucks at least the food rawks.

Registration for the Spider Ride ends 9/6/17. Get signed up for one of the best events of the season.

LSGiant said:
Registration for the Spider Ride ends 9/6/17. Get signed up for one of the best events of the season.

Rico, see above. Even the (slightly biased?) North Central A.D. thinks it's one of the best rallies. Hi Jeff.

I'm trying to register but not having any luck, count me in. I'll try again later.

LSGiant said:
Hi Steve

Yes I am biased but it is one of the best.

1 of the top 3 in no particular order , Spider, RWTW & HMR!  :)

I did finally manage to get signed up. Have know idea why it wouldn't let me & still had to register as a non member  :'(.

See y'all there!

Hey it says it's on line registration only and won't let me register. Y'all not gonna run me off if I just show up are ya?

Tinsailor said:
It wouldn't work either way for me so I mailed it in.

What I'm seeing is iff'n you are an aad or otherwise have access to the extra goodies, you cannot access other area's rally info, yI keep getting bounced to the SEACOG home area as soon as I log in.  I was wanting to see who registered just for kicks. It will not let me see.:mad: :'( :beerchug:

Anyhow, leaving FLA on Tuesday assuming the worst didn't happen here.

Later,

Hey Steve,
The site stopped letting me see who is registered at events a couple years ago. I forgot to mention this to Fred at this years Town Hall.
Hope you don't get too involved with that Irma bitch. See Ya !

Lisa & I are strongly considering coming down for Saturday, as soon as I can drag myself out of bed after a Friday night FB game, just to get the hell out of town. Or maybe we just miss you guys that much. :)

If we do it, though, we would drive down in Lisa's new Jeep Renegade. Neither of our work schedules allow for adequate planning for a 2 wheel trip right now. Our history with cramming in bike trips has been ungood.

We'll finalize by tomorrow, I hope.

Hope all you SE guys find high ground. Good vibes to you all.

So far, the weather is looking Great for the Spider.  Sunny, highs in the 80's , lows in the low 60's and no rain.

We have 52 riders registered.  Things are coming together for a really nice rally.  Like Tony said the weather looks great.  Burgers and Brats on Friday and once again the Whole Hog roast for Saturday evening.  Breakfast omelets Friday and Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. 

Message me if you have any questions.
Safe Travels, Gary

Escaped Irma only slightly fazed. Plan is to depart Wednesday and stay south, probably mostly US84 until heading north through AR

SteveJ. said:
Escaped Irma only slightly fazed. Plan is to depart Wednesday and stay south, probably mostly US84 until heading north through AR
Glad you are OK Steve.  Looking forward to seeing you .    Have you heard from Rico ?

Tony K said:
SteveJ. said:
Glad you are OK Steve.  Looking forward to seeing you .    Have you heard from Rico ?

Not yet.

is it too late to sign up, i just got back from the blue ridge parkway and it looks like a good rally. Glenn

I have not heard back from Gary, but i could be in Clarksville Wednesday evening and ride out with you Thursday morning.

Saw 299 gas north of Chiefland this a.m.  About 3/4 of stations out. Pretty much only 87 octane available. Currently near Marianna. Hammer down.

Glenn you're in buddy.  I've got you on the list. 
Leo thanks for remembering your camera.  I never take you for granted.  Everyone enjoys your pictures.  Thanks Tony K. is bringing additional chairs for sitting around the campfire. 

Looks like great weather.  EVERYONE be safe when traveling.  We are now 54 in attendance!! 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm.  My parents are in from AZ so I'll leave a little later than originally planned.  I should be there Thursday about noon, probably before.

Safe Roads, Gary

Safe Riding and good weather wishes going out to all attendees!! :motonoises: :great:

I'm stuck at home painting and cleaning newly purchased home. Almost convinced myself to abandon this project if it weren't for deliveries I need to be here to receive :'(

Mmmmmmm, good hogs. Great time getting together with folks I know from
up north and some others too.

On my way to West by God Virginia.

Thanks Gary and the north central  crew, the riding was great and i met some of the north central gang. i was welcomed by everyone. it was my first spider ride.

Thank You Gary - and anyone else involved with setting up the Spider Rally.

Thanks for making sure EVERYONE there got a prize or gift, even a few non members?

This was my first Spider Rally and it worked out very well.  Great people, weather, roads and food to name a few things I liked.