• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spider Ride

lobo

The annual Spider Ride will be held September 22-25 at Huzzah Valley Resort, Pavilion #1. The resort is located 10 miles east of Steelville Missouri on MO route 8at Huzzah Creek (turn in at the big red barn) (www.huzzahvalley.com). Campsites are reserved at pavilion#1. Pay $10.65 per night at the resort store.Flush toilets and pay showers are available at the campsite. Huzzah Valley also has cabins for rent and motel rooms in Cuba and Patosi Missouri. Rally fee is $25 before 6 Sept and $30 after. Fee covers supper Friday and Saturday and breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Any questions please contact Tony Koenen (636) 583-9789  "tokoemo@att.net".Be ready for all the great roads you can ride and some super scenery.

Jeff and I can't wait!!!  The Spider was our 1st COG ride event, besides the brewery ride we host, and we were hooked.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and riding the great roads.  For anyone who is new to COG and hesitant about attending, put your fears aside.  Tony and the rest of the gang make you feel so welcome that you can't help but have a super time.  :welcome:  If your concerned about the roads, there's a road for everyone; from beginner (like I was the first year) to expert.  Like I said, can't wait...  :1rij:

^-^ I'm ready to go.  I havent even unpacked from the National.  Figure I can save some time and just take the bag with me.  Looking forward to seeing y'all again  :-*

For you GPS nuts I have a zip file of previous Spider Ride routes

PM  me if you would like them

jkerkow AT mchsi.com

I tried attaching but the file is to large  :'(

I came across a new to me lunch attraction for those attending the Spider. I checked it out on Sat. and it was kind of cool.
          www.bohollow.com

Tony

Due to a "will not show".  Bill Seible and I have an exta " loft" bed in our cabin for rent. Let me know if interested.
Tony Koenen
636 583 9789

Bump !      We have 31 riders preregistered representing 9 states to date. I'm looking forward
to seeing all of you soon.
Tony

Tony K said:
Bump !      We have 31 riders preregistered representing 9 states to date. I'm looking forward
Tony

Finally got mine sent to Tony a few days ago...sorry it's late (yes, I paid my extra $5).  ;)  Plan is to roll in before dusk (hopefully) on Thursday.  Looking forward to finally making it to a Spider Ride!

looking forward to seeing everyone again!  Barry and I are not going to be there until sometime on Saturday due to work  :-[ so it's going to be a short weekend for us

bikerhawk said:
Tony K said:
Tony

Finally got mine sent to Tony a few days ago...sorry it's late (yes, I paid my extra $5).  ;)  Plan is to roll in before dusk (hopefully) on Thursday.  Looking forward to finally making it to a Spider Ride!

Do you have a route down planned?  I am planning on leaveing from Leavenworth / Platte City after lunch...

MizzouMike said:
bikerhawk said:
Tony K said:
Tony

Do you have a route down planned?  I am planning on leaveing from Leavenworth / Platte City after lunch...

Nothing yet.  I'm in class until 11:30, then I took the rest of the afternoon & Friday off.  Hoping to roll by 1:00.  Got some ideas?  Definitely want to pull in with enough daylight to set up camp, so I'm thinking a more direct route down (prob. Hwy 50 to Jeff City), then wander a bit on the return trip Sunday.  Wanna meet up somewhere along the 435 southern loop?

I have made the trip from KC to Waynesville /FT. LWood on Mo-7 lots of time.  It is LOTS of fun, and is a fairly direct route.  It is four lanes all the way to Clinton, and then it gets fun...  onece you gets to Waynesvill, you can slab over twoard steelville on I-44.

I will email from work tommorrow.

dreambike said:
spiderman said:
Only a month away.  Got my bags packed - I'm ready!!!

Are you bringing the Versys this year?

I've been trying to decide between the Versys and the old trusty KLR. Looks like the Versys will win out this year.  I expect to get there Thursday early evening.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Jeff

Trying to get everything ready.  Choice between c-14 or klr was wondering if anyone was going to ride some fireroads, gravel etc.

I'm sure Jack and Judy will bring their KLRs along with Woody and Tony.  I also know of another guy with an XR that will be there.  I'll bet you could get with someone for quality dual sport riding.

This looks like our lunch destination for Saturday.

http://www.visithermann.com/special_events/BBQ_schedule.htm

MizzouMike said:
I have made the trip from KC to Waynesville /FT. LWood on Mo-7 lots of time.  It is LOTS of fun, and is a fairly direct route.  It is four lanes all the way to Clinton, and then it gets fun...  onece you gets to Waynesvill, you can slab over twoard steelville on I-44.

When you get to Richland take 133 east for about 5 miles then south on HWY T.  It will bring you right past my house and you will have a blast on T since it has a ton of elevation changes and 35-40 mph corners.  See you guys Saturday, I should be there around 8ish and I will hang out until my wife makes me head back home.

Hey Trucker,
Yarddog will have his KLR.  I'm pretty  sure he will get dirty with you. Weather is looking good at this time.

Tony

Jeremy said:
MizzouMike said:

When you get to Richland take 133 east for about 5 miles then south on HWY T.  It will bring you right past my house and you will have a blast on T since it has a ton of elevation changes and 35-40 mph corners.  See you guys Saturday, I should be there around 8ish and I will hang out until my wife makes me head back home.

Thanks

^-^  Its almost time to head out.  My pop's and I are heading out Thur morning.  I convinced my dad to ride one of my C-10's.  It is going to be a bit of culture shock for him coming off that road sofa for the better part of twenty years.

I just finished loading up all the stuff. Looks like 40+ attendee's. I should be there
about 10:00AM tomorrow ( thurs.)  See ya there.

Tony K

Beautiful campground, friendly motorcycle enthusiasts and awesome roads made for a great day of riding.  I will do my best to make it for the whole she-bang next year.  JimmyMac and I rode 32,19, KK, A, Y, and tons of other great roads.

My Photos from the ride:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117964629823874914239/SpiderRide2011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOSc76eTv6yObg&feat=directlink

A GREAT turnout ! 47riders from 11 states. A big thanks to all who helped. (everyone )
Thanks for the pictures .!'m tired . Goodnight,
Tony

A huge thanks to you Tony.  What a great time.  I wore the rear tire of my 86 damn near down to the cords.  It was well worth it.  DD and C had to be my favorite roads.

Aaaaaawsome time, once again!  Barry and I just got home; camped out at Bennett Springs state park; thanks for the heads up on that Jack!  Beautiful place, pretty good little cafe as well.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon  ^-^

Thanks to all for a terrific first Spider Ride for me.  It was great meeting a bunch of new friends and seeing a few old ones.  My trusty steed handled the trip beautifully, rolled over 80,000 just a few miles from home...almost broken in now!

Excellent Spider Ride once again.  It was good to see all the old friends and make some new ones.  Thanks again Tony for hosting this.  Already looking forward to the next one!
Jeff

Leo's Spider Pic's      https://picasaweb.google.com/101573542808741593435/9_23_11SpiderRide?authuser=0&feat=directlink

laker9142 said:
Very good pics. Thanks Leo.
No kidding, thanks Leo.  We need to get together and ride next year.  Your a hoot to be around.
BTW who owns that blue/purple connie?  That bike is gorgeous.  :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana:

P1080521.JPG