• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spotlights. Done. Bright!!

LED Spotlights installed and bright!! Keyed wire to taillamps tapped, all wires, fuse and switch in back except to LED's themselves. Tonight for aiming session. Tkx to all for advice...whether taken or not. Ha!! Locomotiveman

Attachments

• IMG_7232.JPG
    IMG_7232.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7234.JPG
    IMG_7234.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7235.JPG
    IMG_7235.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 189
I Grounded down low. Wires tucked in nice. Done B4 Sturgis...

Attachments

• IMG_7237.JPG
    IMG_7237.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_7238.JPG
    IMG_7238.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 287
:-\ :-[ :-[ :-[

spotlights-done-bright!!

Locomotiveman said:
Yeah, I know...Couldn't wait to see if things lit up. But hey, plastic won't ground, so.... :nananana:
Short of trying to ground through the plastic, that's about the worst ground you could come up with.  :-[

Tomorrow..tomorrow.. Riding in rain today, but I just HAD to post the PIC. Believe it or NOT, it grounded fine while hanging from the brake line retainer loop too. MADE in USA 12Ga. stranded copper...miracle product?? 4" x 3/4" copper bar better, but...........

"Grounded fine" <> well grounded.

Run a ground back to the negative battery terminal.  Or, to the the spot where the coils mount to the frame.  (The bike uses this spot as a ground, too.)

I DROVE 350/miles in the rain...so far so good. No jiggle-jiggle with the LED spots. Right turn signal pulses twice as fast now, but not the Left. Gonna test the LOAD now that I found my Fluke Multimeter.  Locomotiveman