• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Fling 2023 South of the Mason Dixon Line

Jpd11958

WV would be my guess also. But where in WV, so many good locations. Plus Jason want us to keep guessing so he can claim his free beer.

gsjay

Anyone have any routes that they want to share coming out of Cumberland? I'd like to see something heading east into Winchester Va. for a day run..
jason

gsjay

this is a must try too!
jason

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Anyone have any routes that they want to share coming out of Cumberland? I'd like to see something heading east into Winchester Va. for a day run..
jason
Here is one I am working on...

1672430544316.png

gsjay

Steve, I highly recommend a stop in Springs Pa and the Springs Museum and Farmers Market on Saturday morning.

jason

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Springs Museum was in the POI list, but it's in a route now.
Folks should mention other good Points of Interest to include.

Here are the example routes being worked on and near completion...

Cumberland 2023 Spring Fling Routes.png

Devil Dog

Springs Museum was in the POI list, but it's in a route now.
Folks should mention other good Points of Interest to include.

Here are the example routes being worked on and near completion...

View attachment 34855
Does the furthest run south into West Virginia go far enough into the deep part of the South? That riding is great. Hope to be there!

gsjay

Does the furthest run south into West Virginia go far enough into the deep part of the South? That riding is great. Hope to be there!
how far south do you want to go?
The route above goes to Seneca Rocks. You could keep going south............comes down to how many hours do you want to be on the road?
jason

Devil Dog

True on how many hours you need to be on the bike. I was thinking the Hawks nest or the gauley bridge area. But it is a long haul like you say.

Devil Dog

True on how many hours you need to be on the bike. I was thinking the Hawks nest or the gauley bridge area. But it is a long haul like you say.
Please withdraw my registration name as something else more important has come up on that date for me. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you fellow riders I will try again someday.