• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Rally in the Valley - April 26-27, 2019

Chances dropping quickly....I'll know here shortly.  :(
Work...maybe.
Might be a room up for grabs if someone is still looking.
I'll know by COB Monday.
At least it'll be warm and sunny for ya if I stay home.

Sunny, for sure.... :))
But don't worry, we'll still let you buy drinks for the rest of us if you make it to the Valley...besides, who would be riding in the rain???

My double room is back up for grabs. Cancelled the res this morning.
At least I get comp time for not being able to take the days off  ::)

(interview for a new job Thursday...even more pay and less time off. Somehow I think that's worth it.)

Anybody from Central Florida or the east coast riding to Maggie Valley on the 26th so we can buddy up?
I Live in Palm Coast.

millerized said:
My double room is back up for grabs. Cancelled the res this morning.
At least I get comp time for not being able to take the days off  ::)

(interview for a new job Thursday...even more pay and less time off. Somehow I think that's worth it.)

So sorry to see that you won't make it, but very glad that the opportunity exists to keep you busy and out of trouble....(I know, but one can only hope)  :))

Most definitely time to be riding in these parts. Hope ya'll have your bike and gear ready for lots of miles and smiles come April 26-28!  :motonoises:

As usual, a meal is provided with the rally fee on Saturday night. I will have maps of the area at the registration table and assorted materials from the local visitor center. Oh, and just a wee bit of swag to hand out... Registration will take place Friday from 4-6 PM and Saturday morning from 7-9 AM. Hours subject to be added as volunteers offer to help.
PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Unlike past events, there is no plan by the leadership team to set up a keg for pay as you go refreshments as the hotel liquor license ( or so we were told) forbids such dalliances.
I plan to arrive Thursday to give me time to get the place set up and squeeze in some sightseeing before y'all arrive.

Doug- You could spend days in Dale's museum. It's better than the Smithsonian for Motorheads. Dale is usually on the premises and is quite approachable. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Couldn't help you out on Friday weather wise, but Saturday and Sunday look to be decent days. See...it does pay to keep me away  ;)
Y'all stay safe this weekend...and prepare for a rainy Raft With The Wolf in September.

Volcantour said:
Most definitely time to be riding in these parts. Hope ya'll have your bike and gear ready for lots of miles and smiles come April 26-28!  :motonoises:

As usual, a meal is provided with the rally fee on Saturday night. I will have maps of the area at the registration table and assorted materials from the local visitor center. Oh, and just a wee bit of swag to hand out... Registration will take place Friday from 4-6 PM and Saturday morning from 7-9 AM. Hours subject to be added as volunteers offer to help.
PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Unlike past events, there is no plan by the leadership team to set up a keg for pay as you go refreshments as the hotel liquor license ( or so we were told) forbids such dalliances.
I plan to arrive Thursday to give me time to get the place set up and squeeze in some sightseeing before y'all arrive.

UPDATE:
The plans of mice and men oft go astray. I won't be there (thanks to an incident on the bike last Monday - RR tracks and accelerating in a turn don't work well together. Nothing but bruises as a result (ATGATT), but OUCH), so I ask your assistance to those that have had to pitch in at the last minute.

Wanted to repost this information about registration and the Saturday meal to refresh your memory of the arrangements. Be sure to register at the times posted for Friday evening and Saturday morning. You will need armbands affixed around your arm to enjoy the meeting and eat the meal Saturday night.  Festivities are scheduled to kick off at 6:00 PM. Ron has expressed an idea for a "Reverse Raffle" that I think you will enjoy as a fund-raiser for the OTP. The meal will be served family-style at or around 6:30.
Wish I could be there....

Landed on my back left shoulder. Scapula and ribs mashed together like that bruise heavily even with the gear in place. Nothing broken, but even with Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers engaged you need to convince me of that when I make a wrong move....
On the bright side, I'm learning all sorts of new ways to accomplish daily activities (call it early learning for the senior side of life)  :great:

Blaise and I had a wonderful time. We were sorry Tom couldn't make it. The dinner Saturday was fantastic!

We were sorry to hear that a new friend we made on Friday had an accident on Rt. 28 on Saturday. We're wishing him a speedy recovery.

Glad y'all had a great time. Pics and texts were special ( some more than others  ;) ).
Rally-meister in absentia

Wanted to thank everyone for another well done rally. Had a big time and it was good to see everyone there. Had a good, uneventful trip home. Uneventful trip home and will have to say, the little Versys does a pretty good job of things.

Volcantour said:
Glad y'all had a great time. Pics and texts were special ( some more than others  ;) ).
Rally-meister in absentia

That was the group just showing your efforts were appreciated and that you were missed.  ;D

MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
Wow, Tom, I hope you heal quickly.  It must be bad to keep you away from your  own rally  :mad:

I seem to recollect another event Tom planned and didn’t show up for.......

But the planning and set up were hardest part.

ron203 said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
Wow, Tom, I hope you heal quickly.  It must be bad to keep you away from your  own rally  :mad:

I seem to recollect another event Tom planned and didn’t show up for.......

But the planning and set up were hardest part.
Not being able to be there was the hardest part. Had some excellent backup to get the event pulled off.

Tom, I hope you heal well.  It stinks that you put so much work for the rally and you're not able to go.  I'm glad things went well for those that were there.  Maybe next year Jorge and I will make it.  This year our youngest son is getting married and we're heading to Niger to spend time with our granddaughter.  Oh yeah, her parents too but we're grandparents, we want to see the little lady!

Irene
2015 Vulcan 650s

Kathy and I had a great time at this event, great people and great roads to ride! We were and are saddened to hear of Firas' accident and wish him a speedy and full recovery. To the practical joker that decided to flip my Ram X mount for my phone 180*, you got me good! I didn't notice it when mounting my phone, I put it in as I usually do. I first noticed it was tough to see, it was tipped down a bit and is usually tipped up, no big deal, I'll adjust it later. Next I noticed a MUCH better view of my speedometer and realized the mount had been flipped. "This might actually work", I thought. Maybe this practical joker did me a favor. I realized the full extent of the change while merging onto I-40 and glancing to my left mirror and seeing nothing but the reflection of my hi-viz jacket in the screen of my phone! Nope! this doesn't work at all! Lots of head-checking until the first rest area and corrections were made. You know what they say about Karma... >:D >:D

Thanks for the well wishes and texts. Be sure to thank the folks that volunteered and stepped up the plate to make this event happen, and consider becoming a volunteer yourself. The SECOG leadership team is great to work with, if just a bit goofy... :))

Group pic and some other snaps. I know, really low on the photographic evidence. I've contacted TMZ to investigate possible photographic leads on the Lane incident on the interstate at dead stop speeds. Who knows, someone may have the proof we're all looking for! ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WhrMnYkC7H9ssmVH6

Mike