• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Ride - May 7th - SE Minnesota and SW Wisconsin

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Join us on May 7th for the Spring Ride, the official kickoff of our COG riding season. This is a day ride on some nice back roads in southeast Minnesota and southwest Wisconsin with a stop for lunch at WhiskeyDicks in Millville, MN. We will meet at 8:30 at the Holiday Station Store located at the northwest corner of Manning Avenue and Interstate 94 in Lake Elmo MN.

For more information checkout the COG Calendar of Events

Attached is the planned route.
Hope to see everyone there.

Attachments

• Spring Ride Route.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 130
Do you know about what time @ Whiskey ****s?
No need to asterisk ****, Phillip and Nikki **** welcome you to their establishment, who also run a dairy farm where you are offered free milk with your meal. 12:30 is a good approximation of when we will arrive to take in the ambiance.

I guess we will have to eat at Whiskey Richard's instead. I'm sure it's in the politically correct sector of Millville, MN.

I'm still on the fence about Saturday. I need to be home before 5:00 PM on Saturday. I have tickets for Martin Zellar at Crooner's on Fridley. It's an early start show. General admission with doors opening at 6:00 PM, so I need to be there by 5:40 PM. It might be cutting things too close.

Looks like the weather will be perfect on Saturday. This is a tough decision.

If we leave on time ... and don't dawdle @ ****'s ..... we usually get home by 4pm or so.

If you get concerned you could ride home directly after lunch and skip the Welsh Village Run for the Roses.

I have to be somewhere at 5pm as well. I suppose I'll set my GPS to my 5pm destination and let it recalc all day. If it reaches 5:00 ETA I'll split off from the group and head over.

I'll be there with RED SIDE COVERS on my FJR!

OK, I signed up. I may have to split off early so I can get home on time. Looks like I need to be at the show by 5:30 PM, so I need to be home by 4:30 PM.

What a nice day for a Spring Ride!!! Nice to see everyone again! Jeff even brought the heat back to MN!

Thanks Randy for leading such a great route!!! CU @ the National in June!

Jeff here is the web site for the low fuel light eliminator we talked about. I don't know if he is still making them but is worth a try.

It was a perfect ride to kick off the riding season, it’s always a pleasure to lead a great group of skilled riders who appreciate a good route. See everyone down the road.

Thanks Jeff, I will look into that. I wish I had taken a closer look at your additional fuel supply line when I had the chance. Definitely something else that I want to do in the future.

I have to agree with all of the comments. It was a great ride with perfect weather. Good roads, great company and good food.

FYI, I made it back in time to make the show. When I got home, I found out the start time was moved up an hour - 6:00 PM instead of 7:00 PM. It was a bit of a scramble, but we got arrived in time to get seats five tables back at center stage. Things worked out perfectly.