• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Squeaky front brakes on 2009 1400

ss1179852

Woody in BC
Good day!
Purchased a 2009 with 8000 kms on it. It was stored inside and ridden each year but not a lot.
Got it home and noticed brakes on front squeal at low speed. Back is fine. The bike was stored in his woodwork shop and there was a fair bit of dust.
The sound is a squeal when doing slow stops, not a grind and no sound when brake is released. I’ve had stones between the pad and rotor before. Original pads not worn. Don’t look glazed but I’m not an expert
Any suggestion on steps forward?
I’m in for new tires in the spring but would appreciate advice in the meantime.

Thank you!!!
Steve

Attachments

• D8393BA7-B27F-4398-9FFF-0329827FD4D1.jpeg
    D8393BA7-B27F-4398-9FFF-0329827FD4D1.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 139A00BE-E3F7-4156-B35F-C7E00E4DD362.jpeg
    139A00BE-E3F7-4156-B35F-C7E00E4DD362.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 128
Nice Ride and work shop. On my '10 EBC pads squealed at low speed. A little brake grease on the back of the pads helped. When I replaced my stock rotors with EBC rotors the problem went away.

Nice lookin bike there! When you take the pads out to add a little brake grease to the backsides of them I would also get a sheet of 60 or 80 grit sandpaper, place on a very flat surface, like a sheet of glass flat, then rub the pads back and forth a few times to take any glaze off the face of the pads.

Thanks Nick.
I will get some pads and could you advice on how to clean the rotor?
I’m really handy and have a decent shop and tools. Appreciate a simple overview if you could?

Thank you.
Nice lookin bike there! When you take the pads out to add a little brake grease to the backsides of them I would also get a sheet of 60 or 80 grit sandpaper, place on a very flat surface, like a sheet of glass flat, then rub the pads back and forth a few times to take any glaze off the face of the pads.
Thanks for your help