• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Starcom & Starcom Dealer Kudos

buddy

Training Wheels
I recently installed a Starcom sytem and I can't say enough good things about it. Crystal clear sound and it works as advertised. I also want to recommend a supplier of Starcom. Jeff at Bike Effects.com was very helpful with some install issues I had. He even went as far as sending me some Starcom earbuds to try (I was having some engine wine noise coming through, but I resolved that.) Jeff provided some old school customer service which was VERY refreshing. Thanks Jeff. You must go to Bike Effects for your units. You won't be disappointed. http://www.bikeeffects.com/

Buddy, Which unit did you buy? Was it the Starcom1, Starcom Advance or the Strarcom digital? My wife and I are looking for a communication set. We wanted bluetooth but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about the quality of sound on bluetooth technolgy. That is why we are now looking at the Starcom. We want to be able to have VOX communication, music and GPS connections. do not really need phone since I don't like being on phone while riding.