• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Steering head lock-up?

Tour1

https://youtu.be/_HpMigyyVbg
This is an 8 minute video with a low speed Harley drop in the middle.  He said it felt like the handlebars locked but they were centered (they do seem unusually steady during the critical moments). It was a test ride on what looks like a brand new bike.  I don't think any handlebar locks work with the bars straight, could it have been grit in the steering head bearings?
It was at a cusp or gore point and the guy is riding across the stripes too (besides it being a country where theyre all on the wrong side of the road).
It has ads so I forgive you for not watching before you answer  :great:

I ran across that vid a while back.  That guy is so full of crap that he better not walk outside in the rain or he'll melt down and leave a big brown spot.  I watched it a few times and still couldn't see why he went down.  Think he needs to work on his riding skills!

I too saw no reason why the bike went down. Maybe the front tire just washed out from under him but why? New tires not  scrubbed in yet with AmorAll on them?
Did he hit the front brake? I dont think it was a steering head lock up.  :beerchug:

That’s bada$$...

Looked to me like he was fighting the bars wanting to turn to the left right before he went down...still, though, I’m going with excessive air gap between the ears...

MAN OF BLUES said:
some people, should not, NOT, ride motorcycles...

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

https://youtu.be/niijO3AQ6zE
Wow!  It's bad when the oil light is on? :-[ :-[ :D :D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oil light coming on, and attending to it is fine...
jumping on the freeway, and saying "how much you love" ("wee heee... whooo hooo" I wish I had a bigger bike, etc.,) the freaking bike, with it already on... (douche)... well, as I tell my wife, "stop a.s.a.p. and add oil, OK?"..or "just stop. and call me..."
if you don't, and keep driving, when the engine blows just stop and throw a lit road flare in the truck, and walk away fast... and then you deal with me.