• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

steve's flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

stansplt

Big Wheel
I received Steves's the hammer flash around the first of May, the day before leaving on a trip to Florida, about 2500 miles. Installed and took it for a spin the day I was leaving. Shocked me. Took off on the bike pretty harshly and the front end was in the air and 10,000 rpm was there, changed gears and the same the same thing happened. WOW! what did I buy. This bike is now fantastic, not a zx 14 but very exciting. I rode with my son who has a Honda vfr 800, nice bike. We raced many times and though I could out run him, He could match me on take-off and we had the same top end, 152. He now wants a new bike, I leave him speechless when we ride. I have only topped out at 156, He says he has been to 160.  The bike can now be shifted clutchless, up and down. would not do that before. Bike will pull from 2000 in 6th gear with no effort. At first I was constantly checking to see if I was in 6th  gear when cruising and not 4th or 5th, it now has that much power and smoothness. When cruising below 80 I could get 42+ mpg, above that and much higher I got 38 +- depending on how hard I was riding. We rode pretty hard. I have more insight but did not want to write a book.

Thank you Steve for a wonderful product.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.