• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Stock seat value?

berlinerfirm8423

I replaced my '16 Connie's uncomfortable stock seat (with a Sargent) and want to sell it. What is the value of the OEM seat? It has 3.900 miles of butt time and is in perfect condition.

Depends on the time of year, and if anyone is desperate right now, or is working on a crash restoration project.
Otherwise it's a $50 item I'd think.
BTW, what are your thoughts about your new Sargent?
Thx, AB

Save it until you figure out you hate the sargent then send it to Russel Day Long and have a good aeat built😏
You may not hate the Sargent butt (😀) I would think this to be a great idea - save the seat for the pan only and you can have a custom seat made some day without losing any riding time. Some of the custom seat mfr’s are having LONG lead times.

You may not hate the Sargent butt (😀) I would think this to be a great idea - save the seat for the pan only and you can have a custom seat made some day without losing any riding time. Some of the custom seat mfr’s are having LONG lead times.
8 out of ten seats i see for sale are Sargent seats, i wonder why?

I was one of N who did not care for the Sargent seat, but we're all built different. I too think it is a great idea to hand onto your stock seat, just in case ...

I paid $100 for an OEM seat. I got my bike with a Sargent and I hated it. I could feel the storage cubby in the bolster and it would make me

wait for it

butt hurt.

Depends on the time of year, and if anyone is desperate right now, or is working on a crash restoration project.
Otherwise it's a $50 item I'd think.
BTW, what are your thoughts about your new Sargent?
Thx, AB
I think I paid about the same as BigORed for an extra seat I bought from a member. I had great plans of having a seat built and needed the pan. But I bought the Kawasaki Touring seat instead. So far I really like it. I'll do a review as soon as get a longer trip on it. This seat doesn't push you into the tank. But I found the 09 the battery box cover is freaking hot on the right knee. It does reposition the knees.

So far I like my Sargent. I'm now thinking of holding on to my OEM seat in the event that I go the custom seat route with either Seth Laam or Daylong.

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

I think I paid about the same for a OEM seat as Big O Red did. I bought a extra seat because I had great dreams of having a seat built and needed the pan.

But NOOOO, I bought the Kawasaki touring seat they offer for the later bikes as an accessory. So far the seat has not pushed me into the tank. I will do a full review once I get a longer trip on the seat. I will say I found the 09 battery box cover to be freaking hot on the right knee. The seat slightly repositions the knees which is different from the uncomfortable OEM seat. I will have to figure out some insolation for the battery box cover though.

I think I paid about the same for a OEM seat as Big O Red did. I bought a extra seat because I had great dreams of having a seat built and needed the pan.

But NOOOO, I bought the Kawasaki touring seat they offer for the later bikes as an accessory. So far the seat has not pushed me into the tank. I will do a full review once I get a longer trip on the seat. I will say I found the 09 battery box cover to be freaking hot on the right knee. The seat slightly repositions the knees which is different from the uncomfortable OEM seat. I will have to figure out some insolation for the battery box cover though.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on that seat. At the price they charge these days (in April or May if went up by $100 without any changes being made to it at all) it better solve more than one problem. LOL

I must have gotten in before the price increase. But then how much do the custom seats run? i will review as soon as I get a entire day's ride in. Riding all day on the seat that came with the 09 makes for a pain in the rump. In 15, I did he Cortez rally and then went to NW Kansas to visit a favorite Aunt. Going back to central WA was 1447 miles in two days. I thought I knew how the cowboys pushing a herd of cows into Abilene, Ks must of felt after a cattle drive from TX.

I have a stock 2016 seat for sale if anyone is interested 🙃
Is there a difference between your seat and a touring seat? Your seat cover should be a little rougher than the slick seat that puts the sensitive parts into the tank.

Is there a difference between your seat and a touring seat? Your seat cover should be a little rougher than the slick seat that puts the sensitive parts into the tank.
As far as materials i don't recall. I do know its more comfortable, esp for long rides.

Just saw one on Marketplace for 50 bucks

and I saw someone on FB asking for a stocker but don't know how to get the 2 guys together as I can't find either now....oh well

Wasn't the "Touring" (upgraded version) seat offered as standard equipment on the 2015-up models?

Not as far as I know. In March through May of this year Kawasaki had the touring model on sale for $100 less than the exact same touring seat you can get today, just with a different product number. Stock seat is different from the touring model.

@nickrides I couldn't agree more about the shorts. Thought it was a little weird, but momma ordered me a pair of the bike shorts after I complained enough about the hot spots after a couple hundred miles. She said that if I still have hotspots after riding with these shorts she'll approve the investment in a $600-$800 saddle. After trying them on a few weekend rides, I'm happy to report that my saddle no longer needs to be changed. Between the bike shorts and a pair of riding pants (10% coupon available too... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGX9PSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) my issues have been resolved.

Last edited:
The seat that is on the pre 2016 models is different from the 2016-2021 model. It is not the touring seat. I bought one from a 2017 and it is so much better than my corbin 2 piecw and my 2010 stock seat. But my Christmas present to my self WILL BE a RDL...