• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

stock touring seat

Dumb A$$

I have read a few topics on seats and have decided on a Kawasaki touring seat. Now I find they dont fit my 08. can anyone verify this before I ride up to have a Laam seat built.

DUMBA$$

DUMB A$$ said:
I have read a few topics on seats and have decided on a Kawasaki touring seat. Now I find they dont fit my 08. can anyone verify this before I ride up to have a Laam seat built.

DUMBA$$

Bring you bike to Yuba City and see if mine will fit your bike!

That doesnt make sense.... every other model year fits every model year.  What could be different...?

revzilla has them but notes it will not fit 2008.

friend has one we are going to see if it fits or not when weather clears. Ill post results.

DUMBA$$

DumbA$$
Please write a review on that Kaw Touring seat please
I bit the bullet and sent my seat off Thursday to Russell for a custom Day Long
Hope it great because its not cheap with the options I picked at 775
Thats alot of $$
I do alot of 3-500 miles day rides 10-12 hrs and the stock seat is killing me.
Nick

Nick. Have the touring seat, i have put over 5k miles on it and so far so good , made me sell my Laam seat and backed of on getting a RDL built , i may eventually get a RDL but not in a hurry for one now!

Just a question for you out there riding on the Kawasaki touring seat. I'm riding on a Sargent low profile which gets my feet better planted on the ground. So finally the question. Will I lose that closeness to the ground with the touring seat? 
Thanks

Ken said:
Just a question for you out there riding on the Kawasaki touring seat. I'm riding on a Sargent low profile which gets my feet better planted on the ground. So finally the question. Will I lose that closeness to the ground with the touring seat? 
Thanks
My touring seat does not put my feet any closer to the ground, but it is a better seat then the stock seat!

konehead said:
That doesnt make sense.... every other model year fits every model year.  What could be different...?

My 2006 ZX14 seat fits my 2013 C14 after the hardware pieces are swapped.

Thread drift light on

So I've got about 1700 miles on my RDL seat and I've got to say that thing is very good.
My A$$ has made a little depression it sits in.
I've got 4 400+ mile days on it now, and at 775 with options not cheap, but It feels better than I thought it would
I'm glad I bit the bullet ; with all my other little upgrades my 2014 C 14 is sooo nice!
Nick

Nickrides said:
Thread drift light on...
at 775 with options not cheap, but It feels better than I thought it would
I'm glad I bit the bullet...

Keeping the drift going -- just curious, what was the "wait" time from order to mounting on the bike (I've had a couple of BMS saddles on touring-cruisers with which I was very pleased, but thinking about RDL for the C14 -- although I've heard of longish waits...).

DC
I ordered my RDL in early march and they asked me to have my info and seat pan to them April 1st and they could return it to me April 5th, and I did  and they did.
That April first date was because we were suppose to be in Hawaii then, you may be able to get a build date sooner.
This guy Jay that picks up the phone was very helpful and professional and the return packaging to me was impressive.
I ordered Black Leather to match my bike with small diamonds sewn in.
It looks great on my C 14, even my wife who could give a rats ass about anything moto, said, " Wow that looks great!" High praise from her, which is rare.
I'm a happy customer!
It actually does what they say it does, gives a nice painless ride for long distance types.
Nick

I just purchased my second C14 (not concurrently) and it has a zx14 seat that looks good but I find much less comfortable than the stock Connie seat on my previous bike. I was looking at getting the Kawi Touring Seat but the $400ish deals everyone was getting a couple years ago when they first came out seem to be nonexistent now.  :'(  The same seat from the same website is $666 now!  Wonder what is up with the major price hike?  Cheapest I can find it now is $550 plus tax and shipping. That is a lot for a seat that isn't custom made, at least for a cheapskate like me anyways.  :)

it was eithernin 2015 or 2016 they improved the stock seat.  Its way better than the 2014 and earlier.  Is it as good as the 'touring' seat.  I dont know but its a ton cheaper... i paid $200 for one off the forum.

Damon20r said:
The same seat from the same website is $666 now! ...  Cheapest I can find it now is $550 plus tax and shipping. That is a lot for a seat that isn't custom made...

Yep, for $600+ may as well go for BMS or RDL -- I bought a Kawa-Touring seat last fall because delivery was almost immediate and it proved to be a noticeable improvement over the `09 -- turned a 90 mile bike in a 200 mile bike -- but for my gargantuan  backside it was no where near as comfortable as my BMS's were on cruiser-tourers (of which I have 180K miles experience with and many, many 1K++ days).

The Kawa touring seat did buy me some time, and allows two-hour local rides on my `09, and that is a good deal, but I'd be very reluctant to strike off on a true cross-country on it...  I'm north of 70, 31" inseam at about 260# so all of that may not be a factor for others

Yeah if I found a good deal on a good used newer model seat I would jump on it.  I don't really do any long distance riding, living in Arkansas I don't need to travel at all to ride some good roads. I just want to be comfortable when I'm out for more than an hour or two.  I'll have to start keeping an eye on the forum for a stock "upgraded" seat.

OK, yesterday I meet up with FTB350 to see if the touring seat will fit my 08 and it does. That means the foot notes on Revzilla, Partzilla and every Kawasaki related site that say it wont fit, are mistaken. Something I did notice and so did FTB350, was there wasn't a whole lot of difference in our seats. Mine was just a little narrower towards the front and his felt a little firmer. That isn't enough for me to justify spending $440.
DUMBA$$

Yes, It's similar in size and shape. It took me from 1 hour to 12 hours of riding comfort. It's the least expensive seat upgrade available when compared to the big seat name upgrades.

DUMB A$$ said:
OK, yesterday I meet up with FTB350 to see if the touring seat will fit my 08 and it does. That means the foot notes on Revzilla, Partzilla and every Kawasaki related site that say it wont fit, are mistaken. Something I did notice and so did FTB350, was there wasn't a whole lot of difference in our seats. Mine was just a little narrower towards the front and his felt a little firmer. That isn't enough for me to justify spending $440.
DUMBA$$
Tim If you ride all day on your seat and see how you feel after wards, the. Next time you plan an all day ride take my seat and see if makes a difference to you, it defiantly did to me, I may still buy a RDL but I will also keep the touring seat for shorter rides!

I really want one. Where is the cheapest place these days? Best price I could find is Rockey mountain ATV for $512 shipped.

Christopher said:
Best price I could find is Rockey mountain ATV for $512 shipped.

That should be ball-park for lowest price -- I'd not put my `09 seat back on for anything, my Touring seat is the base seat now -- RDL or BMS is next once I get a few more farkles installed, but for heavier riders I'd guess the reduced agony of the Kawa Touring seat would be noticeable -- to decompress from all this &^%$!! teleworking, I ride a couple of hundred miles every few afternoons, but my king-sized geritric back-side can't stay comfortable for much more than two hours -- thankfully, the time it takes to top off the tank is enough to be comfy again on the Touring Seat, but I sure do miss the all-day comfort of my Rocky Meyer (BMS) saddles, so the Kawa Touring is just a temporary item... or so I tell myself.

Did you get a chance to ride with it?
On longer rides it really made a difference from the 09 stock seat. And for the pillion even more.