• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Stoner is champion again!!!

krumgrinder

Street Cruiser
Well, this is hardly a spoiler, but just watched Casey Stoner wrap up his second world championship of MotoGP.  Kind of a crazy race, what with Lorenzo and Spies medically disqualified before the race, and some weird weather thrown in for good measure.  I won't say anymore at this point as the Speed coverage just finished and I'm sure not everyone has had a chance to watch yet.  Lot of crashouts in this one, unfortunately...  :truce:

That was a pretty cool race, notwithstanding the absence of the 2 Yamaha riders.

Stoner seems head and shoulders above the rest and made his 2 teammates look 2nd rate even though Dovi is a pretty steady guy indeed.  Glad to see Pedrosa get beat as I haven't a lot of interest in either him or his whacko manager.

Good to see Simoncelli start to blossom into a future superstar.  Man, that wet track pass on slicks at the end was ballsy!

Too bad about Bautista - I think he's a comer for sure.

Is it time for Hayden and Rossi to wind down, or will we see the Duke boys resurface on the 1000 bikes next year????

Congratulations to Stoner & Honda for having the best combination this year.
I hope that Spies & Yamaha step it up for next year but I really hope that Ducati
listens to Burgess & Rossi and gives Hayden & Rossi something that is easier to
ride and more competitive for 2012. I'd really like to see Rossi win at least one more
title on the Ducati and then maybe move onto Kawasaki (if they come back) or Suzuki
(if they stay) and pick up one last title. If that happens then he would be without a
doubt the G.O.A.T.

We get to see Hopkins at the next round in Sepang. Go Hopper! Bummer he lost the
BSB title by just a couple points and on the last lap too.

It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the riders shake out the first few races of next year on the liter bikes.  I'm no Ducatista by any stretch but I'd love to see Nicky get a chance to show his stuff again.  And of course, Vale, as well; both of those guys have been fighting with one hand tied behind their backs this year.  Also, the success (of late) of Sykes and Lascorsz on the big ZX-10R's in WSBK has me excited as well for Kawasaki.
Yes, it was good to see Colin Edwards get a top five finish, although most likely it was due to the absence of the factory riders.  It will also be very interesting to see how Dovi does on the Tech3 team!  Agreed on Hopkins, after seeing what he's done in BSB this year he will be exciting to watch in his new role!

BTW, has anyone heard if Eugene Laverty has landed a ride for next year yet?  He was impressive for Yamaha this year in WSBK; I'm still in shock that they are pulling out next year...  :-[

It was actually a pretty good race until the rain came at the end. It was surprising to see Rossi go down when he did.