• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Strom Tropper!

Did the same thing two years ago. Avatar is pic of bike not yet taken from the dealer. Added crash bars, centerstand, engine guard, heated grips, throttle lock, Givi windshield, BarkBusters, gas, oil, and stickers. Don't forget the stickers...LOL

That’s what I did 4 years ago. Found a leftover 2015 Adventure and haven’t regretted it. Well, except for the (much) reduced weather protection...

I have about 250 miles on it already.

Attachments

• IMG_3301.jpg
    IMG_3301.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3302.jpg
    IMG_3302.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 156
I not sure why but I went out Friday and bought a 650 V-Strom. I just wanted something smaller and lighter. Specially when launching it onto the van.

Oh, come on you know why..........just like the C-10, it's all about BANG FER THE BUCK! The Wee-Strom is one of the best values out there for a good (maybe not great, but cetainly GOOD) do-it-all Swiss-army-knife adventure/touring bike. As I have stated before, it will do everything the C-10 will do, while burning 25% less fuel, 200 pounds lighter, can easily carry as much weight and the luggage options are staggering. Not quite so enjoyable at 70 MPH on the slab all day long, but who wants to ride there anyway? I am continually astounded at the number of people on this forum and the www.stromtrooper.com forum who own both of these bikes.

HHmmmm....seems I don't know how to post a pic of mine on this new forum...???

Fantastic bike. Had 650 for a number of years. Did many long rides including the Trans labrador highway. 3,000 plus kms of very isolated gravel terrain. Perfect bike, reliable, light, great range. Only bikes to crash were the beemers. Beautiful bikes but way to top heavy for that kind of terrain. Traded up to the Dl 1000 in 2018. Did a 17,000 KLM trip to Alaska. Heavier bike but so smooth, powerful engine and bulletproof reliability. For the price DL 1000 a bargain as well against comparators. Once my wife decides no longer wanting to come along I will probably go back to the 650. Not as refined but still one of my favourite bikes

Attachments

• 20180619_112416.jpg
    20180619_112416.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 133
Gotta dream . That's how it all starts. I retired month before left for Alaska. Was my dream trip for years. Not mechanically inclined and went by myself but best think I have ever done. 21 days straight riding alone with incredible scenary gives you a whole new prospective on all that is good in the world and how lucky we really are.

Every time I think I've got the right combination of equipment, you guys mess with my mind. Now I'm wanting a Strom. Sheesh..... ;-)

I not sure why but I went out Friday and bought a 650 V-Strom. I just wanted something smaller and lighter. Specially when launching it onto the van.
I believe you made an excellent choice. I borrowed one from a friend in British Columbia in 2017. I flew out to Vancouver and he and I and two other friends headed down to Oregon to see the eclipse that August. The 650 pulled my 6'4" 265 lb mass with no complaint whatsoever. The handling and brakes were excellent. It was short on leg room but that is my only complaint. It would be my first choice for another bike, followed by its larger brother. Ride safe and stay well...