• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Subway Superbike Doubleheader at Road America - FAIL

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
Last year, I attended my first AMA race weekend at Road America. One of the key reasons I went was because Subway Restaurants, a race sponsor, ran a promotion where you could get a free ticket for every $35 spent at a participating restaurant. This is a no-brainer for me, as the only fast food in my small town is a Subway, so we eat there a fair bit. All I needed to do was keep my receipts, fill out the submission voucher form I picked up at the restaurant, and send it in to RA. A week or so later...free admission passes.

You can see the details on the promotion here:
http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/superbike-doubleheader-ama-pro-racing.html
(Click on Promotions, under Event Details)

Well, according to the site above, they're running the promotion again. Except none of the Subway stores in my area seem to have the vouchers. So I called RA; they don't have the vouchers -- they said I just have to find a restaurant that has them, but could provide me no information other than to get in touch with Subway HQ.

So now I've sent a message to Subway Customer Service, which required me to complete all my personal information, including email and phone. I expect to be bombarded with Subway email offers in the coming weeks.

Very frustrating.

Sounds like a hiccup in their distribution system.  I can't imagine an organization as big as subway would try to stiff people for a handful of vouchers.

Please let us know what happens.  We got some big eatin' boys here at COG and we could shut them down awful quick if there messin' with you.

The first year they did the Subway promo, I just stopped at a Subway in FonduLok and bought gift cards to cover the entry fee for the promotion. Was able to use the cards at any store in any state. Since we live in SD it worked well for us. They probably changed the rules by now. Hope to return to RA again this year. Have had some health issues (abscess in my spine) not good! We still have our reservation in Plymouth to stay. Still hoping I recover in time and have the cash to make it again this year. I have a pic of my bike with 4 other Connie's down by Canada corner vendor shack. The wife and I enjoy going. Been to RA about 7 times.  Made all 6 GPs in Indy but it's not to be this year.

Still no reply from the Subway mother ship.

Nice to know they take their customer service seriously.

Problem finally resolved...and through no help of Subway Restaurants.

I posted up my complaint over on sport-touring.net and a fellow rider from the Milwaukee area said his local restaurant had plenty of the coupons. He grabbed a handful and sent me 3.

I'm lovin' the MC brotherhood!