• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Summer riding pants

Tundra

I simply can't take the heat anymore as I age. When I was younger it was always the hotter the better, the more sun the better. Now my skin looks like heck, skin cancer, I wear those silly hats and long sleeve moisture wicking shirts etc... Never listened to sound advice.
  Back to my post, I can't take the heat and was looking for inexpensive solution. I bought "Bilt free flow pants" on clearance from Cycle Gear for about $50 bucks. You all know quality gear can get pricey, I'm impressed with these. When rolling it feels like no pants at all (not that I would know) plus they have protection.
  Pro's: Exceptional airflow for hot weather
          Price
          Comfort
  Cons: They are off road pants (I don't care) they work for me.
            No pockets (I don't care) I carry phone, glasses, wallet etc.. in tail bag. I use a small bag to carry all my possibles with me when I
            leave the bike, these are day riding hot weather pants for me and for $50 bucks I can adapt without pockets.

I just thought I would throw this out there for those dealing with the same hot climate riding issues, looking for possible sollutions.
Bonus: Free shipping and free return shipping.

Will check them out, I too can't do the heat, and I'm in Cleveland, I wear Bilt's kevlar and padded pants now, nice, but WAY too hot.

On the Connie, I've found that mesh pants are hotter for me because of the engine heat.

On my wife's Vulcan or my daughter's Ninja, they work great.

But it's goo you found something that works for you.  Gear is the hardest thing to buy other than a windshield and seat.  It's amazing how what works for some really doesn't work for others. :motonoises:

These are my summer pants: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01736EY78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1