• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sure looks pretty! True to historic form visually.

The article starts out, "The Indian motorcycle manufacturer", I'm thinking that he's talking about Polaris. It took me a minute to realize that he meant that they are made in India.
They look pretty good.

I tried out an Enfield 650 which was rather pleasant. I imagine this would be similar apart from being a single. Very familiar standard ergos.

Biggest issue I think will be the unsightly radiator.

Love the looks. And I like that they made it a 5 speed rather than 6, and that it's power output is about what you'd expect from a 650 single of the period.

Gotta add this to my possible 2nd bike list, at the top of which is "1. A 3 car garage";)

I like the looks of the Enfield 350 Classic better but really wish they had more power. I rode a Meteor and while it's functional, it would be significantly improved with 5 more HP. The BSA solves that problem.

WOULD NOT GO RETRO AT THIS AGE. BUT CHOICES ABOUND THAT ARE NOT ONLY HARLEY.

HEY! SOME CONSIDER A ZG1000 RETRO!

Attachments

• Kawasaki_W650_2000_Retro_High_Bar.jpg
    Kawasaki_W650_2000_Retro_High_Bar.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 94
WOULD NOT GO RETRO AT THIS AGE. BUT CHOICES ABOUND THAT ARE NOT ONLY HARLEY.

HEY! SOME CONSIDER A ZG1000 RETRO!
Happily, I'm still spry enough to ride my Sportster. Usually take a break every 100 miles or so for gas but it'll go 130-140 without hitting reserve (3.3 gal tank). A modern retro would be like a Caddy in comparison. ;)

PSX_20201004_104605 (2).jpg

When my uncle came back from Vietnam in 69, he bought a new BSA twin. He didn't keep it long and he sold it to his brother (my other uncle). It is a twin, not sure what size, maybe 650. It has a chrome tank. I don't think I've seen it since the 80's. The last time I talked to him, he still has it. I would love to get my hands on that bike.

1 year bike with "Special" pipe, wheels, paint, badges, KICK START ONLY, and best of all electronic ignition that, knock on wood, I have not touched since 1986 when I bought it. It had straight pipes on it when I bought it as most everyone yanked off the silly looking and poor performing 2 into 1 pipe, GOD, can you imagine how much one of those is worth now? I put the year specific regular 2 into 2 pipes of the 1979 Bonneville. Fun to ride, but like the 1980 BMW, it's a bit quirky to anybody used to Japanese bikes. Easy to see why they went out of business as the engine is a direct descendent of the original twin from the 30's.