• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Survey says...

ManWorkingHere

Survey says…

What motivates you to take the time to meet up with others during the Winter months? I’d like to know what COG can do during that time to keep up your riding spirits and grow the membership at the same time.  I realize that Spring is here now and winter projects have been taken up your time getting the bike ready to ride.

What would make your membership in COG more valuable during the winter months?  Some members read articles online, other members share tech tips on the COG forum, and certain members brave the weather to meet face-to-face at each other's homes or garages.  Let us know what it would take to get you out of your house in winter to meet with other COG members.

Take this Survey Monkey survey before May 1, 2016
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5PGGWF2

Matt,

Wondering if are targeting this survey specifically for your area or the whole NC region?

Fais said:
COG bus and trailer to get y'all down south once or twice a winter :great:

Good idea ^^^^.

Another is Rent a house big enough for at least 10 people (probably 6 bedrooms or more) then split the cost
between the 10 (or more) members and stay for at least 5-6 days in a warm climate where we can ride.
Of course in the middle of Winter that would require most of us to trailer to a warm climate.  That's why I say at least 5-6 days.
I don't have a desire to trailer 1000 or more miles for a weekend.  Need to make it worth my time and gas.  Also, it would take
at least that long to reduce the Winter Blues just a bit - as I know I would have to return to the Freezer Climate very soon - and time
flies when your having a good time and think your almost in Heaven.  ;D

DeansZG said:
    Matt,

Wondering if are targeting this survey specifically for your area or the whole NC region?

Thanks for asking.  There is a question about meeting up in Chicago for the Progressive Motorcyle stop there.  The survey is intended for the North Central region, or any area where riding is affected by Snow.  Any activity that promotes the camaraderie of motorcyclists is being sought.

Looking forward to any and all responses.

I think the best solution would be for all northern COG members to own a snowmobile besides there concours.  We could have a snowmobile gang for 3 or 4 months until we can get back on the bikes.

Jeff said:
I think the best solution would be for all northern COG members to own a snowmobile besides there concours.  We could have a snowmobile gang for 3 or 4 months until we can get back on the bikes.

See my signature line.
Problem is (or has been for too many winters) lack of "real" snow depth. I haven't had most of my sleds out of the yard in a couple of years except for the one used up north in Ontario for ice fishing. Sort of silly to live in northern MN and have to travel to find enough decent snow.
Rode the "new" Honda ST1300 home a couple days ago thru rain/sleet and now it's been fresh snow on the ground every morning. Nucience snow. Not enough to be good for anything other than keeping me off the bike and golf course.
17*F this morning and a month ago it was in the 50's.