• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SW Regional Rally interest?

For 2013 timing

• Spring around early June

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Fall around Oct.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

OMoaC

Talking to a couple of local guys (and some semi local and one really far away). Cedar City UT. Friday to Sunday. As simple as 6 or 7 bikes, riding and kicking tires (maybe a few adult beverages) to a full blown banquet. Depends on the answers here. I think we have a group that can pull it off. Alot of knowledge of the great riding in this area. We know the National is in August and I hope all are planning to attend. Keep that in mind when voting. I'm Old Man on a Connie and I endorsed this message. :great:

I don't even need a Beer...

I am interested but vacations without the family are hard to pull.  3 kids don't ride the Connie with the wife and I.

Mark me as a definite Maybe.

Brian - trailer up. There's lots of things for the wife and kids to do in the Cedar City area while you go for a ride or two.

Kids are always welcome at COG rally's.

WE are a go!! Should be a lot of fun! Some great roads out there!  :motonoises:

Rusty said:
WE are a go!! Should be a lot of fun! Some great roads out there!  :motonoises:

Did I just hear someone volunteer?  ;D

Mark could use all the help he can get.

Trailer or take the shell off the truck. The hard part is my vacation bid for all of next year is this month. So pick dates!

I'm in!  I would expect everyone to vote Spring since October is already past......... :nananana:  But why wait until Spring, let's do one soon!  :motonoises:

Wed., I'm headed to Eloy, AZ from Santa Rosa for the Skydiving Hall of Fame inductions and tribute to a dear friend that passed away in Aug.  This will be my longest trip since I got the bike July 31st....went to Bakersfield in August.  :great:

When and where?

Gregg

Great replies all. I'll let this run until next Friday then we'll get to work. I hope to tie this in with my ride back from the Bun Cooler in the great NW and the rally recon part duex but not a requirement. To quote PINK, "I'mmmmmm coming up so you better get this party started".  :)

count me in,so is this a spring ride or is the date yet to be determined? starting to get cold here now.

Mark,

Obviously I'm in.  Already looking at ride maps.  Between Jim Shelley and I we've probably ridden most, if not all, of the roads in Southern Utah.  I'll work with him.  Will look to Scooter for much input as well, being that he lives down there.  ;D

be glad too help anyway i can,looking forward too meeting some fellow concours owners and going on some rides.

Cap'n, we need you to use them sick days. :)) Looks like the dates for the Bun Cooler are locked. I propose the dates of June 7,8 and 9. Input? Thoughts? Constructive Criticism? Sniveling? Friday coming we'll lock this thing down.

Great Brad! We'll have fun. Let me know what way your coming in. I'm planning on coming down from ID falls. Lotsa behind the scenes chatter right now Scooter. Unless something earthshaking happens by Friday we should be ready to get our hands dirty. I'm pretty sure I have a hotel set up and campground. Then we need to alert the SWAD and get him on board. Thanks for all the input and spread the word. Anybody want to volunteer a name for this shindig? :motonoises:

Old Man on a Connie said:
Anybody want to volunteer a name for this shindig?

Seeing how Southern Utah is known for it's red rock,  and the SW Region has been dead...err....a bit sleepy lately, how 'bout...........

The Red Rock Resurrection

Or playing off the Y2K rally up in Brian Head, how about...

The Return to Red Rocks and Canyons Rally

yep im salivating. both places are good choices,the koa has a pool and some small cabins,located on the north end of main st.the town and country is better in my opinion,center of town next to restaurants and a grocery store across the street all with in walking distance,has a indoor pool also.but of course it cost more money.and yes you can park your bike in front of your room.so is the date pretty much set? just waiting on what were gonna do and where were gonna ride? let me know if there is anything i can do to help as far as far as information about the town or anything else for that matter

I can't join you for a SW ride in June because I'll be back home in the great white north - but I'm planning on the Bun Cooler next year, albeit on my strom since my Concours will stay behind in AZ  :'( 

Jim,  great suggestion on the name!  I'll second the name "Red Rock'in Rally".

Scoot, great info on the accommodations. Being onsite and all, you'll be invaluable. 

Color me there. I need a ride to look forward to - and the route from Denver to CC looks like it would fill the bill just fine.
A number of moons (and one ex-wife) ago, I rode through Zion, Bryce, and Capital Reef state parks while returning from Vegas. Beautiful riding out yonder. That was on a wing - Connie ought to be a bit more fun.
Thanks for organizing.

Sounds like a good time being planned..way to go..

Lots of beautiful scenery out there!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:

Okey Dokey Fellow SW COGGERS. Here we go. In for a penney in for a pound.
Dates: June 7,8,9 2013
Hotel as mentioned and linked above. Rooms on the town side, King, front of room parking, $79.95/night +taxes etc. We will have 30 rooms locked until 30 days before the rally when the remaining will be released. I'll announce when you can call and start making reservations. Hope to have this done on Monday.
Camping as posted above. Still working this.
Dinner is being worked on. Looking at a local BBQ joint down the street, outside seating with a show and shine and farkle brag.
Routes and rides are being laid out now.
Rally fees TBA but will be kept as low as possible.
This is not yet officially sanctioned, insured etc. But you can plan on this whether it becomes official or not. I will be working the AD to get this official and sanctioned and hope to have this done in the next week or 2 and posted on the calendar. We will also be working on the rally web page to get registration open. Many Many thanks to the soldiers behind the scenes. Primary contacts will be myself, Mike B (Mike Burkey) and postrucks (Jim Shelly). Welcome to the 2013 SW Red Rock'n Rally. Thanks for your support and let's dance. :great:

The Southwest is alive and Rockin

There's fantastic riding on the way there from all directions, even Vegas if you know the back roads, and great riding once there, along with a lot of historical sites and sightseeing opportunities.

This is going to be one for the books.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:
It's members like you who that make this club as good as it is.  :sign0098:

This is buried within the "interest" topic. I suggest starting a separate rally announcement and discussion topic.

MikeB said:
Mark, I agree with Steve.  We need an official Announcement posting.  Maybe we could even get it "stickied"...?
I agree. Jim P had the same suggestion. I wanna get the AD informed and on board first so we can officially be official in the eyes of the officials...............I think :))