• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SWAD Position elections upcoming

OMoaC

The voting for the position of South West Area Director is up for grabs. Jo Poole contacted me today. I would like to encourage all to consider this position but I may spoil it later in this commentary. Since joining this club officially in early '12 I have enjoyed each and every one of the members Nation Wide. I know things could have been done better, I know some things could have been planned better and executed better. And thanks to so many members suggestions that I have learned from. IF no one would like to take this position over I will accept another term and do my best, however, I would encourage the fantastic members of the SW to search deeply and ask yourself what can I do for these people. They are some of the finest folks I have ever met and ridden with. I promise sincerely to support and assist in any way possible.
With that being said I must comment on some of the recent posts on the forum regarding the BoD. I am truly disappointed in some of the head hunting, lynch mob mentality taking place. Legitimate questions? Absolutely! Reason to gripe? You bet. Why aren't these directed at your AD for answers/action? Slow action? Couldn't agree more. Conspiracy theories? Sorry. Don't see it. Power grab? Maybe I'm dense. A power grab of a club that has just over 2k members? You the membership voted for your AD's. That means the BoD. I would encourage each and every one of you to vote.  It really makes me question if this is worth the effort (and believe me, my efforts pale in comparison to some AD's). Sometimes I feel that you can stick both hands up my ace and clap. The vitriol and division is not healthy for anyone. And I really enjoy doing this for the members. But here is your chance to effect change. Take it by the reins and ride that bull. I'm OK with it. The road will still be there, my tires will be fresh and I can rely on the MANY Friends I have made over the past 4 years. Maybe the next National I go to I'll get to enjoy some of Murphs Ice Cream. Volunteer, Vote. Peace. C U in Cedar City UT for the RRR part Duex in September. I'll be proud to shake your hand. (Shameless plug).

Well put, Mark.
I think you've done a fine job (exemplary some might say) representing our section of COG.  And based upon that - I'm all in favor of your continuing as my COG representative!  Bravo!  :great: :beerchug:

+2

Great job OMC...  The Southwest was pretty dead until you came along and fired us up...

:great:  :beerchug:

:great:
+3
Hang in there, Mark. The SW is doing great because of your efforts and enthusiasm. Much more active than in the past. Besides, I don't the new tires bought or mounted yet, but we're getting close.

Bob Young

Thanks for the accolades Gent's. They were neither asked for or required but I appreciate it. I'm not planning on going anywhere. Just want folks to know the option is there. Not just for the SW but for all areas.  Maybe this thread tells it's own sad tale though. Only 146 views promoting upcoming elections when a complaint thread can run 3 pages. Something to ponder. CU in Cedar City September 16! Don't Burkey a tire on the way in  ;) :beerchug: