• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SWCOG Mileage Challenge

OMoaC

Here's the game. Open to SW COG members only. Join during the year and your in. Send me a pic of your current ODO reading, Year, Make (kaw, Hon, HD, BMW) Model (C14, C10, KLR, ST, FJ), Name, COG number and forum handle. Make sure your pic is time/date stamped. Can this be manipulated? Yes. Do I trust our members? Yes. If it's obvious I'll toss it out. If your a current member you have my email addy. I'll start a file. At the end of Jan 30 2018 send me a pic of the then current ODO reading. Again time/date stamped. Jan 30 2018 is the cutoff. Those that post the most mileage 1st through 3rd shall receive a very nice plaque denoting their accomplishment and suffer the jealous barbs and comments from other SW COG members  :) I'll ask that you write a short story of your rides and how you accomplished this task for the Concourier. You can post up your pics here also but it is not official until I have rec'd your email and you are in the file. When I receive your pic I will confirm. If I don't confirm something went wrong. Follow up. It doesn't matter when you send the 1st dated pic (if you can do 20k miles between Dec 1 and Jan 30 your golden). File will be posted for all to see after the end of the challenge. Challenge extended. Challenge accepted?
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Sounds like fun, OMC.
I'd play - but my goals for riding on two-wheels this year are more of the pedal than throttle type.
I still plan to get out and ride - but sure doubt I will hit any high mileage numbers.

notsluggo said:
Sounds like fun, OMC.
I'd play - but my goals for riding on two-wheels this year are more of the pedal than throttle type.
I still plan to get out and ride - but sure doubt I will hit any high mileage numbers.
Throw it out there Bruce. Ya never know and your grandkids may have a trophy to hang on the wall  ;) :beerchug:

Aw, man...  Shoulda done this last year, when I did my 3600 mile round trip ride to Big Bend and back.

Now I have to go to Texas again this year just for the mileage.  ;D

No photo available - but I track my opening mileage for all my vehicles on a yearly basis.

I kicked off 2017 with 32016 miles on Connie.

As I said - I'll be trying to pedal more miles than throttle this year - we'll see how many I can stack up (for each).

Ok I am in!...Should be a great year of riding! I plan on putting on a lot of miles!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

My bike has not moved since I parked it when I got home from Cedar City. Can I play?  :'(

Needs a new battery and the horn is sitting on the front tire. Gotta fix that before i ride anywhere.

Givin' the first statement not so sure I can win this one. :truce:

Gumby said:
My bike has not moved since I parked it when I got home from Cedar City. Can I play?  :'(

Needs a new battery and the horn is sitting on the front tire. Gotta fix that before i ride anywhere.

Givin' the first statement not so sure I can win this one. :truce:
Honorary SW Member. Your in.

OK Here's mine. 2011 C14. As of 2/5/2017.

Attachments

• Feb 5 2017.JPG
    Feb 5 2017.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 121
Ya got me by a few miles Mark, only because I couldn't go to Helen last year. :(

My 2011 Concours 14 on 2/5/2017

I'll play. Can't ride right now due to in-progress valve adjust. But I can still take a pic of my starting mileage.

2017-milage-start.jpg

Alright, already put 150 on it (before pic), but I'm in.  Lord knows what'll happen this year...but I got over 400hrs of Leave and the road was calling HARD back in October.  :great:  Getting new front tire put on today on account'a I done Burkey'd it this last weekend.

2011 Kawi Koni C14

xeWN4EDjzrnGMdUdOePtpXXbLiYg37XZt7De6ApOEAWRLO-irirkgQgk-ooKDqrrl7ASKg19drp6wobJhOebf97DsDi3i-PxKfyb5b9sJdvZn6LCie4_ZxnRto3DJLIjs5Vj7zEbEJfgCMO09GBRPxxo9NVC3REkg0JwXykFXcmiyrr8Nl1ZJGvNvkUfuAOyiv0pZLrJqu6h1XTvH4Hse3YyB0dtDQEIHXKiH0wIri0BvvLVkg9fgHmd6ASapLYj24nhPHMG1AC9k6uYegybipZEmmaObZgvkZPlwKCEhecETTortvrp4ulTj_kXHyieTHGa0x7ryfFMEdkwxX_P_ULBFOYFlGeKXrM5fRK2CkhmmEQRIqFFdMNwmw7QTq9wYQAPXyYwED-Aco5AKvgSOH87UKxrLtw8HCiD_q9Lnxdf0nSrz9s7e9yHrD5j2S01xs-xRAyQ_9pNaduJR2W96Ga0Qal-Al999O3blakzBB7PjzyMEoenFw4b5X6P1K1N9R9CnYcPhNNnsqZAlyFs2VUGFSSK00_EU_qyAdlL4WgHyuVoM6QZTucGeA6TzvYtcBAVwXgvb_DBaFpXbu0WVg_Gm74kQcoBFA5DEGf-Fyoi-DqQw3xFedckzVQHYoE2LwXMi4C77qSYBRQ2NKzhEd4X6nfDrNgDE-HXmm579w=w640-h480-no

Mike

MikeB said:
Alright, already put 150 on it (before pic), but I'm in.  Lord knows what'll happen this year...but I got over 400hrs of Leave and the road was calling HARD back in October.  :great:  Getting new front tire put on today on account'a I done Burkey'd it this last weekend.

2011 Kawi Koni C14

xeWN4EDjzrnGMdUdOePtpXXbLiYg37XZt7De6ApOEAWRLO-irirkgQgk-ooKDqrrl7ASKg19drp6wobJhOebf97DsDi3i-PxKfyb5b9sJdvZn6LCie4_ZxnRto3DJLIjs5Vj7zEbEJfgCMO09GBRPxxo9NVC3REkg0JwXykFXcmiyrr8Nl1ZJGvNvkUfuAOyiv0pZLrJqu6h1XTvH4Hse3YyB0dtDQEIHXKiH0wIri0BvvLVkg9fgHmd6ASapLYj24nhPHMG1AC9k6uYegybipZEmmaObZgvkZPlwKCEhecETTortvrp4ulTj_kXHyieTHGa0x7ryfFMEdkwxX_P_ULBFOYFlGeKXrM5fRK2CkhmmEQRIqFFdMNwmw7QTq9wYQAPXyYwED-Aco5AKvgSOH87UKxrLtw8HCiD_q9Lnxdf0nSrz9s7e9yHrD5j2S01xs-xRAyQ_9pNaduJR2W96Ga0Qal-Al999O3blakzBB7PjzyMEoenFw4b5X6P1K1N9R9CnYcPhNNnsqZAlyFs2VUGFSSK00_EU_qyAdlL4WgHyuVoM6QZTucGeA6TzvYtcBAVwXgvb_DBaFpXbu0WVg_Gm74kQcoBFA5DEGf-Fyoi-DqQw3xFedckzVQHYoE2LwXMi4C77qSYBRQ2NKzhEd4X6nfDrNgDE-HXmm579w=w640-h480-no

Mike
You Burkey'd a FRONT  :-\ :truce:

OK, I'm in..

fresh start on the mileage with the Shoodaben Engineering Evolution flash, sailor_chic horn and Evitek LED head lamps.

Attachments

• milage.jpg
    milage.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 113
Old Man on a Connie said:
MikeB said:

Mike
You Burkey'd a FRONT  :-\ :truce:

Well, nearly. Lets say I was taking the puddles upright for a reason.  Thing was DONE.  After that high-side at the track, you'd think I'd learn my lesson about tires huh?

This should be a good time,  I will send a photo of the odometer,  of my 2015 bmw k1600 starting this year with 29, 109 miles,  my question is,  what happens when I ride more than 1 bike,  I have the k1600, and my triumph tiger, , last year I put 15, 000 miles on the k1600 and 3200 miles on the tiger,  I'll send you a photo soon

Cboothe said:
This should be a good time,  I will send a photo of the odometer,  of my 2015 bmw k1600 starting this year with 29, 109 miles,  my question is,  what happens when I ride more than 1 bike,  I have the k1600, and my triumph tiger, , last year I put 15, 000 miles on the k1600 and 3200 miles on the tiger,  I'll send you a photo soon

What happens when you ride the K1600 AND the Tiger???  :-[ 
You box up some of that extra cash you have lying around and mail it  straight on down to me Charlie.  That's what you do you..........spoilt brat!!  ;)

I think multiple bikes count, but we need classes, like the 24 hours of Daytona:

- GT Daytona (working stiffs)
- GT LeMans (retirees)
- Prototypes (gypsies  ;D)

:rotflmao:

MikeB said:
Cboothe said:

You box up some of that extra cash you have lying around and mail it  straight on down to me Charlie.  That's what you do you..........spoilt brat!!  ;)

Mike
What denominations do you prefer,  you are welcome to come borrow whenever you get bored, I hate to see things go unused, id much rather try to wear something out

OK, I'm in.  Little late to the game and it will cost me a few hundred lost miles, but...

As of 2/12/2017 my 2015 has 30,271 miles  -- and now she's back to completely black and sportin' Charlies saddlebags. Couple of pics from today's ride after the mileage snap.

odo.jpg

Ok Finally my mileage!  Of course I have an additional 44,000 miles on the bike. Replaced the console under warranty a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Mileage.jpg
    Mileage.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 115
Cboothe said:
MikeB said:
Cboothe said:

Mike
What denominations do you prefer,  you are welcome to come borrow whenever you get bored, I hate to see things go unused, id much rather try to wear something out

Here's to ya' Charlie!  :beerchug: 
Hoping to actually get a ride or two in with ya' this year.  I'm planning on a total of zero high-sides this season!!  ::)

Mike

Well I guess I will be the first to reply....I put on 14,300 miles last year! So I know there are plenty of others that put on more!

What say you?  :motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Oops! I guess I have till January 31st....ok I will send my picture with additional miles  :nananana: then! Good luck all!

:motonoises: :motonoises:  :great:

after Rusty posted his mileage... I'm out...my paltry, disappointing mileage, i didn't even wear out a set of tires, but then again I did Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Nevada and Arizona, So good on you guys that got more than 8K and change

How about a lowest miles acknowledgement, 0 miles on any motorcycle and lil' over 1000 on my van.  Jerry Gaither

6,262 miles in a year :-[

Guess that is what happens when one buys a new truck with a heated steering wheel, just don't feel the need to ride a bike in the cooler months anymore.

Gumby said:
6,262 miles in a year :-[

Guess that is what happens when one buys a new truck with a heated steering wheel, just don't feel the need to ride a bike in the cooler months anymore.

That's pitiful Tom. I say sell the truck! You must have gotten 2/3 of that from traveling to the Nationals. You going to at least double that this year aren't you?

Cliff  :beerchug:

Actually, I blame Old Man on a Connie. At the nationals in Cortez,  he had that toy hauler travel trailer and one thing led to another and now i have a 5th wheel toy hauler and trailered the bike everywhere. Yea Mark,  its all on you brother

Get your photos ready. Tick Tock the time is closing in. Get ready for the 2018 challenge.

Well, much like the instructions in the box while assembling your kids toy on Christmas day (or IKEA furniture), they were quickly discarded and no one followed them. Look Honey, they sent us spare bolts  :truce:. Hell of a 1st time try though. Ya'll that are playing have 5 more days to post pics. Looks like Russ has the lead so far but I think Keith "Wandring" may give him a run. Shall he have the plaque of Honor for 2017? Let's see. Proposing this game again for 2018 with some simplified rules. Stand by to Stand by.

Here's my closing pic. Sadly only 7654 for '17  :'( Lost about 3k while in Europe and downtime to do the valve adjust. Also the opening salvo for the 2018 SW Mileage Challenge. Role Call!  :beerchug:

Attachments

• DSCN0693.JPG
    DSCN0693.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 94
Pitiful 3,601 miles in 2017. I blame bad hip (now replaced) and new truck.

At least I don't have to replace tires this spring...  :??:

Starting the 2018 challenge with 31751 miles.

Attachments

• c14-2017-ending-mileage-512.jpg
    c14-2017-ending-mileage-512.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 91
Here is my closing mileage. I slowed down a lot after my coast-to-coast. Loaded it up in trailer and fled to GA during the hurricane, came back and went into winter camp a month early.

Since she's a trailer queen, I'll never get as much mileage on her again probably.  :beerchug:

Attachments

• odometer0131.jpg
    odometer0131.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 93
And... my final numbers  odo:45018  so that's what...  14747 miles

Attachments

• wandrng-2017-mileage.jpg
    wandrng-2017-mileage.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 93
So I ended up riding 15,795 miles last year. No work miles....though I would have loved to ride my bike for/to work. All fun miles... with a bunch of men and women that love to ride!  Picture coming... now with picture!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:  :great:

Attachments

• RSaunders Mileage.jpg
    RSaunders Mileage.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 101
Well there it is folks. Looks like Russ has 1st and Keith with a close 2nd. Who is 3rd? Not me as I recuse meself. Shout out for 3rd place, 2018 challenge posted. Now to decide on awards. Who amongst 1st and 2nd are traveling to the National in Kerrville?

I am going to try to make The National...I do have a room there. Should be a fun time.... In the next couple of months I will know for sure.

Here is my proposal for prizes. 1st place gets a 1 year membership, 2nd gets a 20 dollar gift card or a dinner at a COG event paid for. Or would you rather have a wall hanger trinket? Tshirt?  Gift certs to the COG store? You tell me. Congrats Russ and Keith!

Here is my proposal for prizes. 1st place gets a 1 year membership, 2nd gets a 20 dollar gift card or a dinner at a COG event paid for. Or would you rather have a wall hanger trinket? Tshirt?  Gift certs to the COG store? You tell me. Congrats Russ and Keith!

I think what I would like for a prize is to see a donation to the Over the Pond group from the Southwest and a bunch of stickers to use on our Alps trip later this year. If you are ok with that :)

Rusty said:

I think what I would like for a prize is to see a donation to the Over the Pond group from the Southwest and a bunch of stickers to use on our Alps trip later this year. If you are ok with that :)

I second this proposal as a 2017 runner-up

You guys are stand up and I am impressed and thankful. That is very giving. Let me see what I can do. Awesome!  :great: :beerchug:

Donation Made in your names  :beerchug: I shall purchase a beverage of your choice next meet. Good on ya!

Donation Made in your names  :beerchug: I shall purchase a beverage of your choice next meet. Good on ya!
Good on you and all the COG Members of the Southwest!  Thank you!