• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Switchback Lighting Deal!

gixerhp

Street Cruiser
Industry Vendor
Hello Members, I have recently become an Industry member.

So here is my first post, with an offer to all of you,, From today till May 11, 2017 I will be offering a Discounted price on my Switchback Lights.

The sale price is $220, thats $30 off the normal price.
Plus shipping.

And for who does not know what the Switchback are here is a description, as well as the video.

My kit turns your front  turn signals into running lights, and the rears into brake lights as well as turn signals.

It includes the following,
2 replacement front turn signal sockets
2 replacement rear turn signal sockets
replacement flasher
Front plug in adapter harness
Rear plug in adapter harness
Detailed installation instructions emailed upon receipt of payment with tracking info

As far as the installation, everyone is saying that it takes longer to remove the body work, than to install the parts.
Im attaching the installation instructions so you can see for your self!
I made this so almost any one could install them!
Any other questions please ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCnYD86_TI

Many kits ready to go, i will have them with me at the Northeast Spring Fling next weekend.

I'm looking for "back up" lights for my trailer I tow behind the bike. Basically LED spots (2) that I will fasten to the rack in the back.

Will have HD put in a switch up on switch row for it, and run the wire to a new plug under the trike at back, and wire the spots forward to the tongue to connect.

Need reasonably bright, but small and light and very reliable  (trailer gets bounced around a lot) spots.

Got anything like that? I know I can get them from Amazon etc.

John,
I will definitely be looking into those!
Dave and I will be there Thursday afternoon sometime. Will be coming from the Mohawk Valley NY by way of Old Forge and other scenic vistas...
Matt

Hi John,
1st, thanks for supporting COG as an industry member  :great:
seconds, looks like a nicely thought product. I looked at a couple of videos, and definitely a safety improvement.
any word of UFO reports yet?
Let's see, two headlights, two "whatever" little lights, two LED running lights, two white/amper lights...
The "I didn't see..." line shouls automatically qualify someone as legally blind.
Well done.

I love these lights every day. I now have all LED lighting except my HID headlights. It is nice to have the extra brake lights without having hyperlites or admore bars cluttering up Betty's rear end. These lights are super bright despite using flush smoked lenses. I mean bright! Got lucky with a matching LED smoked tail light. Man I am stoked with this setup. The Admores in my trunk are under the Givi lenses = very clean total lighting upgrade. Totally worth it.

Without my trunk on I wish I still had additional running lights. But, it doesn't take wishing; it takes the internet, some money and some heat-shrink connectors lol. If only I knew where I wanted them mounted :-/

:beerchug:

I agree that the Switchbacks are very bright compared to the OEM.  It turns the normally dark turn signals in the front into white running lights, the rear turn signals turn into additional brakes lights. It's cool how the front lights switch back and forth between running lights and flashers within one cycle. Since my headlights, city lights and Mondo Moto lights are LED's, I like now having all of my lighting LED's.  The bonus is they will be less likely to burn out.

As advertised, the kit is 100% plug and play.  The electrical connectors were also very friendly to disconnect and bulb sockets simple to install.  As with most maintenance on the bike, removing the plastic is the hardest part.  The front only required removing the middle fairing so that the front fairing can be loosened and not completely removed to pop in the new bulb sockets.  The rear tail needs to come off, but if you follow the FSM steps, it's not hard (but of course curse those screw in push rivets).  I was amazed at how much dirt the tail pieces accumulated back there, so I'm glad I took it apart since my bike probably weights a few pounds less.  While I had things apart, I topped off the antifreeze and installed a new air filter, so the time to do the fairing work for the lighting was not bad at all.     

I was sold on the safety aspects alone.  If the running and brake light LEDs were an optional upgrade on the showroom floor, you would pay the extra $$ to have these lights.  :great: :great:

Hey John,

Can you send me a link to the pics and instructions? Got my kit today.  :great: No instructions though.

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Hey John,

Can you send me a link to the pics and instructions? Got my kit today.  :great: No instructions though.
Opps i swear i sent an Email,,
Ill send it again! Check your spam folder

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Hey John,

Email sent to wayne.sikorski@gmail.com

I had the chance to see these at the MO rally and they look pretty good,,,  how do I get some ordered and by chance is there July 4th sale????    Hey it doesn't hurt to ask....   

Thanks; Jeff

jdanruby said:
I had the chance to see these at the MO rally and they look pretty good,,,  how do I get some ordered and by chance is there July 4th sale????    Hey it doesn't hurt to ask....   

Thanks; Jeff
Pm Sent!

I have been running the Switchbacks since early Spring. Now that it gets dark so early, I’m riding at night. I like them even better!  They work great, and it’s a big safety improvement.  :great:

4Bikes said:
I have been running the Switchbacks since early Spring. Now that it gets dark so early, I’m riding at night. I like them even better!  They work great, and it’s a big safety improvement.  :great:
Thanks,, Pics please!

Well.....The pictures are going to be hard to come by since I'm riding.  ::)  I can say that when riding past large plate glass windows with reflections, I'm impressed by how bright the turn signals (and now white LED running lights) appear from the sides.  Those additional bright white running lights seen from both left and right sides are a big improvement.  Obviously having additional rear brake lights is a bonus too.