• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tachometer not functioning on Concours ZG1000

Kawi KZ1 Kid

I am new to the forum and have a problem with my tach not functioning, any assistance with this problem would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Not sure of solution. The main plug's (located at the front of the bike) sometimes has issues. Unplug them, clean contacts, and plug it back in.

The tach gets the signal for rpm from one of the 2 spark plug coils under the gas tank. i don't have my service manual handy to tell you which wire it is coming off the coil.

Looks like left coil negative, black wire. It then splits near igniter into igniter and the other split goes directly to the tachometer. Not an electrical expert so not sure if that negative gives the tach the rpm value but going to tach seems like it is it.