• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tank Bag & Top Case

KC 61

Mini Bike
Looking for suggestions for a small to medium tank bag and also a medium sized top case for my 2011 C14. It has the Bagster tank protector and tank bag that clips on but the bag is way too big and in my opinion looks goofy. The top case would be something maybe for one person a 2 or 3 day trip. The top case will sit on the shelf most of the time I just need something for the occasional short trip so nothing huge.

Thanks

I have a Givi Tank bag XS307, and find it more than adequate for my space needs - daytrips or multi-day.
I'm not a fan of a huge STACKED tall tank bag, and this one is reasonably svelte.

i REALLY like the simplicity of the quick release system on Givi's, and have the same system on my other bike for switching the tank bag back and forth.

I have a Maxia E55 top box, so likely bigger than you want, but still a great box.  (that's what HE said).  :rotflmao:

Some other good threads on this topic, just search. 

gr

I have just bought the Bagster Carbonrace tank bag.  Looks excellent, quality piece of kit.

https://www.motocard.com/en/bags/bagster-carbonrace_tank_black.aspx

As for top box.  Mine came with the Givi V47 box branded Kawasaki.  It had the bare metal plate on top.  Although Givi can supply a carbon effect plate it comes with the Givi logo plastered across it - defeating the Kawasaki branding.  So my wife vinyl wrapped it for me.  looks very good and at a fraction of the price.

I run a Bagster Tank bag for trips. Gives me the room I need for distances without adding the top case. For day to day I added a tank ring adapter and use a smaller SW Motech bag that works pretty well.

I'm using a Givi 47 top case that, so far, I'me very happy with.

I also just ordered a Cortech Super 2.0 Low Profile tank bag. Its small at 5L, but will expand to 10L if need be. I should have it later this week. Will post back here with some thoughts on it.

I just bought a Givi Dolomiti 30l top case for my cross continent trip to Vancouver, Washington. I went with the 30l because I don't need to bring 30 pairs of shoes everywhere like my wife does. :)

Attachments

• givi.jpg
    givi.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 111
Throttle 8 said:
I just bought a Givi Dolomiti 30l top case for my cross continent trip to Vancouver, Washington. I went with the 30l because I don't need to bring 30 pairs of shoes everywhere like my wife does. :)

I knda like the looks of that box... and, its setup so you can strap a "big fuzzy dufflebag" up on top.. love that...

reminds me of "strap that mattress up on top", now, a humorous flash from the past, where the "fuzzy duffle bag" came from.. enjoy, and agiain, I really like that box.. I'm gonna try to find one..

https://youtu.be/GE9AQhfz2fM
http://youtu.be/GE9AQhfz2fM

I don't use a tank bag, but do use a Givi V46 top case.  I find it a perfect size for solo touring as well as commuting, and ride with it nearly all the time.  One of the reasons I went with the V46 over similar size top cases is because of the large reflectors and the way they're positioned.  My morning commute is in the dark most of the year, but the V46 with an Admore light kit really enhances my visibility.  The way the side reflectors wrap towards the center combined with the 4 round reflectors in the center of the back really pop visibility-wise.  Here's a still from a vid my son's girlfriend shot while they followed me in his car.  His windshield was a little foggy, but it still shows how bright the bike looks from the back. 

I also had a V46 on my last bike and upgraded the reflector kit witch made it quite bright even without a light kit.

Attachments

• Givi 46 with light kit.png
    Givi 46 with light kit.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 128
Rob said:
So, as mentioned, I got a Cortech 2.0 Super Low Profile tank bag recently. Turns out to be fantastic. Feels like extremely high quality. It really is low and out of the way. Fits the contour of the C14 tank perfectly. Plenty of room for phone, wallet, keys, gloves, the basics. Pops up to hold a whole lot more. Would recommend.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-super-20-low-profile-tank-bag?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIysqa1snc5wIVpB-tBh32SQD6EAQYASABEgJdNPD_BwE

I purchased the magnetic version of this bag. As I don't like lots of gear on the tank and want to keep my line of sight clear this smaller bag works well for me. The low profile fits the tank nicely and no interference with handlebars gauges/instruments.