• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tapatalk?

lather

Is this forum enabled for Tapatalk? And if not, why not? I cannot find it with the latest Tapatalk app on my Android. I was able to find and browse the Australian Concours Forum with no problem.

the answer is yes, and no:
SMF does work with tapatalk, but the COGMOS site does not.. and unfortunatly it was never followed up on.
We have been asking, periodically, for about 10 years.. but still no joy.

http://forum.cog-online.org/cog-web-forum-discussions/tapatalk/msg215934/#msg215934

But, when the "new web migration" is completed, maybe it can be worked in.... hopefully.

Sure would be nice to be able to post a picture while on a ride, using your cell phone camera.

Someday the "new" migration will be complete, but as it's an all volunteer club, and people don't spend a lot of time doing this work for free, it will not likely happen soon.
:'( :'( :-X :truce:

RWulf said:
So what is this "Tapatalk" you speak of ? And what would it do for me ?

it's a cell phone app, that has been popular for about 12+ years, that allows linking to forums and such, and has the built in capacity to host and send photos linking them directly to a forum web page.
Originally it was backed by the Adventure Rider's Forum, and we all used it during play of "Tag-O-Rama" games, kind of a game where you take a pic of your bike in a place, post it, and someone else copies and follows up with an equal photo, then they post one of a different subject.. a "tag" game of sorts.. became, and still is, popular in the ADV groups all over the USA.

It was the answer for having to shoot a digital photo, then upload it to your website, or other online hosting site, and then posting a link to that upload to accommodate.  Made the games much faster, and extremely less time consuming to play.

Frankly, it worked, and still works great for it's intent, and also reduces the storage needs and bandwidth forum sites ... like this one... neeed to utilize for storage.

Thanks for the thread link. It pretty much answers my question of why not. Was concerned there was a good reason. I am forum admin for another mc club. Also smf and we have tapatalk but it is broken. Going to uninstall and install the latest version. I think the version we currently have is old and not compatible with our php version.

More and more users are accessing the internet with their cell phones instead of a pc. Tapatalk apparently does that well for many. I tend to shy away from apps that control the user rather than the letting the user control the app. But to each...