• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tech Day - June 30th

furyfrog

I would like to host a Tech Day at my house on Saturday, June 30th.
Doors open at 9a.m. and we'll probably close it down around 10-11 pm if people are still around.

I don't have a garage but I do have a long, level driveway.
I will have a drip pan if you want to change your oil, I even have an oil bucket that can handle probably 2-3 oil changes before full.
I don't have many vehicle specific tools, but what I do have you're welcome to use.

Food will be pot-luck. I have a BBQ and a mini-fridge, if you want to bring something that won't fit in a mini-fridge please let me know in advance so I can make space in the wife's fridge.

I'm going to see about coordinating with a few local buddies to get more tools to break stuff work on the bikes with.

http://goo.gl/maps/jsHh

If you have any questions you can email me at furyfrog1@gmail.com.

-Patrick

*Edited for details.

I would like another NW tech day since the last one I had work obligations.
That being said, I know the easiest way to get one is to open my doors to all comers.

If anyone's interested I'm willing to host, I don't have a lot of tools or a garage but I do have a big driveway and a BBQ.

I live in Seabeck, on the Kitsap Peninsula.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

Patrick said:
I would like another NW tech day since the last one I had work obligations.
That being said, I know the easiest way to get one is to open my doors to all comers.

If anyone's interested I'm willing to host, I don't have a lot of tools or a garage but I do have a big driveway and a BBQ.

I live in Seabeck, on the Kitsap Peninsula.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

What time should we show up?  What time will you get tired of us and send us home?  Do you have something to drain oil into if someone wants to do an oil change?  It's easy to send the dirty oil home with whoever does one, but having a drain pan handy helps the process.  Food should be done pot-luck style, and since you're providing the space and grill it seems fair to ask the attendees to provide the food and drinks.
  I myself am already tied up that weekend, but I'd be willing to bet someone else will show up.

I'm definitely am interested, but I can't commit at  this time. More details would be nice though.....AND I might have access to a garage not far from you.

I'm interested but still need to see if I can take a whole day away from the family to make the haul up there and back.  Please keep us updated on the details and they materialize!  ;)

Nice work on creating an event. :pDT_Armataz_01_37:  Seabeck is a nice place to ride to, so don't be surprised if your tech session morphs into a Ride To Eat at your house. :06:

Damn and me being stuck going to a wedding ....I wonder if my daughter would be upset if I missed her wedding??? ::) It is her  second one anyway ....

Mortech said:
Damn and me being stuck going to a wedding ....I wonder if my daughter would be upset if I missed her wedding??? ::) It is her  second one anyway ....

It might not be too late to get a life-size cardboard picture of yourself dressed appropriately.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Mortech said:

It might not be too late to get a life-size cardboard picture of yourself dressed appropriately.

I know with my second wedding I didn't care nearly as much, my step-dad didn't even make it.

Come on out Coggers and have a fun day whether or not you wrench-tech.
Should be better weather by then, so ride on by and just enjoy the socializing, chow and whatever else!
:cheer:

Bump

So, if I'm able to make it, am I going to have the opportunity to do my fork seals? Anyone going to be there that has done these things before?
I just hate the idea of doing the seals be myself the first time. :(

Tim

After looking over that procedure in the manual I know I'd feel better having an old hand around to help with fork seals.

Just trying to keep this alive! (and type well too). I was going to say "Dammit, i can't make ANOTHER tech day, I ended up getting "volunteered"  for something else"  Well, the "something else" IS fixing my son's CR, so I could live with that. The "person" that volunteered me, is willing to help w/my fork seals. BUT then I see that I am a full week off (tomorrow is the 23rd, not the 30th). Perfect me thinks.....HOPES TO HELL...I can do a tech day, have my son's bike running and not be "irritated" at short notice sh!t again!

SO, Hoping to see you all there.
Tim

Patrick said:
After looking over that procedure in the manual I know I'd feel better having an old hand around to help with fork seals.

I will be there with my experience and service manual.  Don't forget to bring fork oil.  Some folks like ten weight, some like 15.  I'm particular in that I want something in between, so I mix 10 and 15 to get 12-1/2.

COG is helping pay for lunch, but since the budget has limits folks who like something beyond meat on a bun with condiments and water should bring a little something to help expand the choices.

If someone coming out has a steering bearing spanner wrench they could bring I would greatly appreciate it. Haven't had a chance to hunt one down yet.

OK, I see only three of us are registered to attend.  I surely hope more are coming, but from the looks of it I won't be able to get lunch stuff until the day of the event because our head count sucks.

Yea, I don't blame you there Charlie. My wife volunteered to go get food if necessary.
That's a bummer 6riders, if anything changes at the last minute you know where i'll be.

If the weather does tomorrow like it has the last couple days it should rain in the morning and then warm up and dry out around noon.

Just signed up... when i leave for Bremerton may depend on the wx.
I will eat drink and make comments, no wrenching needs for me.

It was a small turnout, but a couple of "the usual suspects" showed up.  Patrick has a very spacious driveway, and if it hadn't started raining on us every time we went to do something to a motorcycle we might have got more done.  We did check out what was lurking in Patrick's float bowls, and hopefully now it's just clean gas.  There was a door prize involved, and it was Patrick who scored a 1/2" drive torque wrench with a range of 10 to 150 foot-pounds.  We did ride to eat lunch, though, and that was tasty.

Thanks Patrick.  :great:
Good to meet you and see Charlie again.
Gas, tires and electrical conversations were done. I got there about 11:30 after the wrenching  :))