• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tech Session - Bloomington MN April 20th

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Gary Hasert will be hosting a Tech Session at his home in Bloomington MN.

Gary has a tire changer, lift, and nicely equipped shop.  Please plan to bring your bike and get it ready for the riding season. Previous projects have included all types of brake repair, C10 valve adjustment, electrical accessory installation, wheel bearing replacement, C14 plastic replacement, tire replacement and balancing, and many more. There will be attendees there who have experience with repairs on both the C14 and C10.

If you need to have, your bike transported to Gary's please contact Brian Heiple.

Feel free to bring a snack to share and your beverage of choice.

Hope to see you there!

For more details and to register visit the COG Event Calendar at https://tinyurl.com/2019SpringTechSession

Gary et al, I talked with the Michelin Man (Eric) at the IMS Show, and he has agreed to come talk with us about tires over lunch.

Feel free to bring your questions, comments, and concerns about tires to ask him.  No pressure to buy Michelin tires... but it may come up in conversation.  ;)

I have been trying to figure out how to get my Throttle Body Synch done.  I've never done one before but have watched Fred's video and did my Valve Adjustment with their help.  I do not have a Vacuum testing gauge or a right angle screwdriver to adjust the screws.  I probably can do it myself if I buy them but if someone has these tools and would be at the Tech day I'd drive up and give it a whirl.  It looks like a PITA to do but i'm not sure I want to buy a set of tools I would so seldom use.  I'd be willing to rent them from someone there as well.

As an aside, I have a few tools that I can bring along for others to use IE: my Neck Bearing adjustment tool that allows you to grease and inspect your steering Yoke bearings and torque them back to the proper setting.

My only concern is our crazy weather, April 13th could be nice but the way it's going I'm thinking 30 degrees and snow!  :mad: 

i hope I'm wrong!

JB,
Have not met you, but I live near Prairie du Chien. I have the vacuum gauges, I have not done a synch on a C14 yet.
I have ridden up to the MN tech session before, yes the weather is iffy.
In reality,  Wisconsin needs to have a tech session. It would be nice to know how much interest there would be.
Kim Neises
Mount Hope, Wisconsin

ZG/ZN Kim said:
JB,
I have the vacuum gauges, I have not done a synch on a C14 yet.

In reality,  Wisconsin needs to have a tech session. It would be nice to know how much interest there would be.
Kim Neises
Mount Hope, Wisconsin

Do you have the right angle screwdriver as well? \

I'm able to do a tech day at my home but since I've never been to one, wouldn't know what needs to be provided.  I have several sets of most normal hand tools and a lift and air compressor with room for about 2 or three bikes indoors and room for several others on a concrete driveway if the weather is decent.

I just watched Fred's video on the TB synching. I only have a 2 source vacuum gauge set. But I do not see why 1/2 TB's could not be synched, 3/4 TB synched, then 1/2 to 3/4. Trying to do all 4 at once can be like chasing your tail. Plus, they will never be perfect.
I can buy that Motion Pro right angle screw driver, no big deal.
But I do think whomever wants a C14 synch done, it should be at their house. You know, just in case.
Looks like to me  about 10' of 3/16" rubber tubing(high quality) should be there also.
I think a Wisconsin Tech session is order, plus I would be more than happy to help you with this.
My post is already too long, I will PM you to discuss dates, plus a little bit of my background.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
I think a Wisconsin Tech session is order, plus I would be more than happy to help you with this.
My post is already too long, I will PM you to discuss dates, plus a little bit of my background.

Awesome Idea! Maybe have a campout at your awesome property with riding in the hills.
Just a thought...no pressure... :)

If you need vacuum gauges, I have two sets for four cylinder engines.  Any and all projects are in need for the 13th of April at my house.
  BBQ will served  also.

I am registered, doing new speed bleeders x 5, and Eric the Michelin Rep is now a maybe... as he has been double booked. 

CU soon, Roger

JerBear said:
My only concern is our crazy weather, April 13th could be nice but the way it's going I'm thinking 30 degrees and snow!  :mad: 

i hope I'm wrong!

I'm sorry if I jinxed you guys  :eek:  I've always been a fair weather rider so I'll not be there but I hope it turns out good for those that do come.  The weather forecast looks awful. :mad:

Due winter revisiting the Bold North, the Tech Session is postponed until April 20th. Same times and location, just a different date. 

Thanks for moving it to the 20th so I can attend.

On my list

New rear tire maybe new front.

New Brake rotors and pads for the front maybe new pads on the rear.

If some one could bring a wheel balance stand that would be great I have weights.

BTW I will have Joane's Ninja 650 for sale by then if someone is seriously interested I can bring it along.

I have a Marc Parns balancer I can bring. All we need is a couple saw horses which I’m sure Gary will have.

I am registered, and will be up. I am interested in Roger's speed bleeders. Yes Roger bring the "secret box".
Also will help Jeff with his stuff, if he needs help.

Brian/Gary et al,  The 'Michelin Man' Eric may be coming to visit with us about all things related to tires. 

Please be kind as he is also scheduled to travel to the COG National Rally ... as a Corporate Sponsor.

CU saturday !    ;)

you guys have fun up there.

I'll be up there  for the Johnston brothers annual fishing, drinking and now ORV, extravaganza in Early June.

Maybe hook up with some of you. I'll also see some of you at Cliff's.

Later.

Skol.

Great weather guys. Sign up for a head count if you can.
Also, I have my KZ 1100 D2 Spectre back together and now up for sale. Any one have an idea what it's worth.  Good deal to Coggers.

Big Thanks to Gary (and his crew) for hosting the Tech Session!

Thanks also to Mike for him helping me install and bleed 5 Speed Bleeders!

Thanks lastly to all of you for listening and asking good questions of Eric (The Michelin Man) .  He is going to PA for our Rally!

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Good job Gary, good luck with the hip.
The Michelin man talk was a good touch to a Tech Session.

Re: the Michelin Man, did the subject of balancing beads come up?

Jeff Kerkow said:
SteveJ. said:
ZG/ZN Kim said:
Good job Gary, good luck with the hip.
The Michelin man talk was a good touch to a Tech Session.

Re: the Michelin Man, did the subject of balancing beads come up?
Nope neither did running car tires.

Too funny. I didn't mean to and am glad it didn't happen, providing an opening for the thread to go south.

See you and a bunch of NC COGgers soon at Cliff's.