• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tell me about Shinko SE890 Journey radials

buzzard53

My 05 C-10 acquired in Aug. was fitted with Avon ST's front and rear. Both tires are badly cupped from what I can only think was habitual under inflation from the previous owner. I'm currently running 39 psi front and 41 psi rear. I will need to change them out before next years riding season begins. I'm not opposed to getting another set and keeping them properly inflated. I am however, interested in hearing from those that have used the Shinko Journey tires and learning if they might be another tire I might want to consider.
Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

Y'all ride safe and Merry Christmas

They give a good ride. They hold a line well in curves. The Wing size makes it easier to get on the center stand. Lowers the engine rpm a bit. They aren't crazy expensive. I'm not a super aggressive rider, but I'm not pokey either. I wanted radials and these work for ME. This isn't recommended by most. They haven't caused any pucker moments. I have not ridden in the rain with them. I'd buy another set.

Thanks Bud.
I've searched my best 5 websites for matching tire sets and the selection is really small. Very hard to find matching front and rear tires in stock.
Did find one set of Avon Spirits.