• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Texas BBQ RTE

I might be able to make that one.  I see you're in the north central area?  Where are you riding from?

Just curious...why Cooper's Austin location (vs the original in Llano)? 

We thought Austin might be a little more centrally located.

We are just north of Riveria, TX, for the next 4 or 5 months.

Okay, that's cool.  I've not been to any of Cooper's other locations, but I'm sure their quality must be pretty high regardless.  Lots of good BBQ in Austin/Lockhart. 

I've not heard of Riviera, TX.  Just looked it up. Down south.  Schedule and weather permitting, I'll be heading out from Houston.

I will see if I can break free for this. 

I did not have much luck getting riders into down town Austin in the past.  There is a Coopers in LLano and New Braunfels.  As said, lots of places everywhere.

connie_rider said:
texasdw, send me a PM. Maybe we can ride up together as I'll be coming from Houston too.

Ride safe, Ted

You're not trailering?!!!???!?!?!?!? :))

kv5e said:
connie_rider said:
texasdw, send me a PM. Maybe we can ride up together as I'll be coming from Houston too.

Ride safe, Ted

That's nearly 400 mile round trip Ted, 300 more than your limit!  :nananana: I'd almost have to ride down just to witness this.  :rotflmao:

Just suggestions since I am not sure I can make it.
If everyone coming is from south and east maybe do Kreuz Market in Lockhart.  Or Coopers in New Braunfels  Both have large flat paved parking lots.  Lots of room inside too if busy day.  Okay BBQ 

If you want to "ride" Austin area roads? and or you have people coming from north I know the best roads and could lead a nice ride.  If weather was right for it I usually like to jump off from the west side of town like the Rudy's BBQ on hwy 620.

Are you thinking a rain or shine thing or cancel if that is the day winter is here?  Want it on the calendar?  I think I am still AAD for some reason.

smithr1 said:
Just suggestions since I am not sure I can make it.
If everyone coming is from south and east maybe do Kreuz Market in Lockhart.  Or Coopers in New Braunfels  Both have large flat paved parking lots.  Lots of room inside too if busy day.  Okay BBQ 

If you want to "ride" Austin area roads? and or you have people coming from north I know the best roads and could lead a nice ride.  If weather was right for it I usually like to jump off from the west side of town like the Rudy's BBQ on hwy 620.

Are you thinking a rain or shine thing or cancel if that is the day winter is here?  Want it on the calendar?  I think I am still AAD for some reason.

Rain or Shine for sure.  If it is nasty, I mean Minnesota nasty I will take the cage.  This is about meeting people. Let's go ahead and move it to the Cooper's in New Braunfels that way we avoid downtown Austin.  If you could put it on the calendar that would be great. I am still North Central so I can not.  I will change the FB page. Do you know how to send out an email blast to just the Texas COG members ?

How about Terry Blacks next month ???

kv5e said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Now that's funny!!!! Literally LOL!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Not seeing much talk on this gathering / Meet and Eat...
C'mon, we need others to be there with us....  :great: :motonoises:

Who else is going to meet us there?

kv5e ??

Ride safe, Ted

I have a family commitment next Saturday, hate to miss it but this date was cast in stone months ago.

Stuff it (your stomachs) and have fun. :motonoises:

Craig

Yahoo. Another rider.     
Anyone else wanna go with us? Jeff's buying…  {shh, don't tell him I sed that  :-X}

Ride safe, Ted

Sorry guys I forgot about this.  You guys need a better AAD :/ 
I can still add it to the calendar but it will be very short notice.  Sending an email to just the Texas bunch is doable but I have to try and remember how.  That may be more important than the calendar at this point.  I will go see what I can do.

Not very often something pops up in my own back yard. I'm in. Anyone interested in doing the fabled river road afterwards,  let me know. There are some nice short loops available out around Canyon Lake. We have been blessed with a little color in the foliage this year and the Cypress trees are awesome along the Guadalupe right now.

connie_rider said:
Is there any way to send a group message to invite others?
Maybe just the Texas group due to distance.

Ride safe, Ted

I looked and was able to find the listing of SC members in COGMOS, but did not see a way to send a group email without manually creating one, myself.  However, I did receive an email regarding the RTE from Bob Smith.  Perhaps he figured it out.  :beerchug:

Fred helped... or actually did all the work.  I just provided the wording.  Thanks Fred.
I hope that Leslie and I can make it there.  It is looking good so far.

Sounds like a great time.  But I have a funeral to do.  :'(

Y'all get fat for me too... OK?  :beerchug:

Just for your information.  There is now a Blacks BBQ as well as a Rudy's withing a mile of each other on 337 loop. Blacks took over the old Rudy's when they built a new place up the street.

I recieved an invite email but will not be able to attend. My front wheel bearings have decided it is time to die.

I'll get a RTE in NTX for later in Jan. planned soon. There's a couple of new places that I think everyone will like. Maybe tie this in with an Illinois Bend or Carpenter Bridge ride.

Not trying to steal riders from Jeff's rides, but NTX is a long way from New Braunfels.

Craig

The motorcycle show is Jan 3 - 5 we will probably be coming up to Dallas for that.  How much further north of Dallas are you going ?

Both those spots are on the Red River. That makes it easy for folks on either side of the Metroplex to get out of town on back roads.

I went to the Motorcycle Show last year. . . . . . waste of money for Pamela and I.

It has definitely jumped the shark, but don't let that stop anyone else from going, that is just my opinion after going to to them for decades.

I agree the show is not very good. Neither was the Minnesota show. We would pick a spot near the show to meet for lunch. This allowed people to get together if they were going to the show or not. Don't know if that is possible at the Dallas show.

For those of you who have been to many m/c shows over the years and think the current version is a letdown.  It may be...

But my first m/c show was last year and I had a real hoot there!  I can't wait to go back.  I get it, it may be scaled back from years prior, but for anybody who hasn't been before, it's well worth the day!

I am planning to be there. Riding from Hutto, northeast of Austin. Will ride around the north of Austin to the west side and ride south from there.

Greetings all!!  Long time Conny owner and am looking forward to meeting some new C14 peeps!

See you @ Coopers!

Cheers & have a blessed ride!

Will Smith

We got back before dark also. Just under 400 miles round trip. I believe we had 15 attendees both new and old faces. Tentative plans to go somewhere again January or February.
Thanks everyone for attending.