• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Thanks to the anonymous C14 owner on W Pine Creek Rd. - West of Sedalia, CO

denver6

Scooter
While riding Sunday morning, I was traveling from Deckers, CO to Sedalia CO on W. Pine Creek Rd. Those of you from the front range know the road I am talking about. It is 4 miles of dirt road with a 15% grade hill about 2 miles in (uphill the direction I was traveling). Not a great road for a C14, but it is a popular short cut when trying to travel between Deckers, CO and the southern part of the front range.

The surface of the steep grade has quite a bit of washboard - so much so that the vibration knocked my top case off on the way up. Once I figured out the case was gone, I turned around and went back. I saw the trunk sitting in the middle of the road close to the top. But I was already on myway down and there was no wayI was stopping on that grade. Made it to the bottom and turned around again. I thought the best plan was to go to the top, park and walk down to get my top case. Before I could start back up, a pickup truck on the way down flagged me down. The driver got out and pulled my top case out of the bed of his truck. He had seen it on the way down and grabbed it for me.

When he handed me my top case, he said "I have one just like this, only mine is green."  I was so engrossed in the fact that I had lost my top case and trying to figure out how I was going to retrieve it that I really did not "hear" what he told me. I was extremely grateful, but his statement went right over my head. I missed the opportunity to spend a couple of minutes to get acquainted with a fellow Concours owner from the front range and possibly introduce him to COG.

So mystery Concours owner form the front range - if you are already a COG member or a forum subscriber and read the forum - thanks the help and I apologize for my lack of social skills. If I see a green C14 around, I will try and track you down and make introductions.

The whole event just goes to show that there are great people everywhere, but fellow riders rise above the average person you meet on the street. There was a car behind me on the way up the hill who obviously saw the top case come off. That driver did not take the time to grab the case and get itto me, but the fellow C14 owner did. So thanks again C14 rider!
:beerchug: :beerchug: