• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The 25th annual Run With the Wolf is on the calendar

COGnosticator

Finally  ;D

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=256365&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272019%2D09%2D30%27%7D

I am working on having a special design t shirt for sale and that will be on a separate buying area.  Stay tuned for that.

I hope we have a great big turn out for our 25th anniversary, looking forward to seeing everyone there    :beerchug:

You can count on me being there Roomie. Can't wait to see the T-Shirt design.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
  You can count on me being there Roomie. Can't wait to see the T-Shirt design.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Harry Martin just sent me his first draft, it will be epic  :beerchug:

See you in September and as it stands now we will be in Cabin 4

Hoping the new job will give me enough time in/time off to get to this one.
I'd hate to get reprimanded for not coming to work my first few months there.
(1yr 'probation', then it's 'hold my planning calendar and watch this'. )

millerized said:

If you need a "note" from the Rally Meister, we can make that happen...  ;D

ron203 said:
millerized said:

Hmmmmm, let's see, help rain man  :rotflmao:  come to the rally or not  :nananana:  just messin with you Miller  no, really I am  LOL

COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:
millerized said:

Hmmmmm, let's see, help rain man  :rotflmao:  come to the rally or not  :nananana:  just messin with you Miller  no, really I am  LOL

Oh, I get it. Honestly I do. There are a lot of things I don't go to simply because I'd rather not sit in the rain all weekend, ride in it the whole way to and from the event.
I'm trying to re-shingle a roof right now...how well do you think that's working out for me??

But, every now and then I feel like sharing the love with the rare folks that have always made me feel welcome...
...to stay the hell home and not drench their party.  >:D

Bring your rain gear folks...I've signed up.  :nananana:
(and just be lucky they don't call me snowman....)

Im in IF daughter doesnt change the wedding date (currently either sometime in Aug or Nov 2 :-\) Ive got some stress if anybody wants some

who me? said:
Im in IF daughter doesnt change the wedding date (currently either sometime in Aug or Nov 2 :-\) Ive got some stress if anybody wants some

Just tell her to have it "In the Mountains" and you're good!

I'm in there like swimwear.  Which I might need if Millerized shows up.
Time off is a given...  Gonna up the bike prep a few notches this time.

Just Registered! Hopefully My Wife can join the festivities this year. I registered her too, :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
SteveJ. said:
Officially registered.

Yeehaw!

On TDY at home.

:D

You gonna be at the beat the heat get togetherr

Most likely not. I'll be helping a granddaughter finish out a skoolie. And seein's how she lives out in Boulder, CO, I'm just gonna have to wear out a rear tire or two while out there. This happens after the "Johnston brothers annual fishing, drinking, and now off road vehicle extravaganza" up in Minnesnowta the first week of June.

Y'all sure have a good venue for BTH, no doubt.

Great people there! Last year I was in a 2 man tent. Was just a wee tight with the air mattress, sleeping bag and rest of my gear. This year I'm bringing my 6 man tent. Too large for transporting on the bike. They are letting me bring tent up the day before in the truck and store on site till I get there on the bike. Advantage of living only 2 hrs. away.

Ken said:
Great people there! Last year I was in a 2 man tent. Was just a wee tight with the air mattress, sleeping bag and rest of my gear. This year I'm bringing my 6 man tent. Too large for transporting on the bike. They are letting me bring tent up the day before in the truck and store on site till I get there on the bike. Advantage of living only 2 hrs. away.

Does this mean you will have a couch and keezer ready for the rest of us???? Inquiring minds want to know....  :)
BTW, I am officially signed in now...

:great: Registered as well. Will be tenting as everything has been taken. Looking forward to this one. Should be awesome. Need to enjoy the summer first. Ugh, the heat though.  :-[ Getting old means time fly's by faster.  :mad:

All signed up!  Will be there Wednesday afternoon.  See y'all up there! :motonoises: :beerchug:

Dodged a bullet.
Boss put me down for training in Richmond that next week.
Meant I'd have to leave Saturday to have everything in place for Monday morning class.
I need that class.
I also need to get out of 'here' in general.
Asked him if I could move it to the following week by taking it in Alexandria, VA.
Perfect, just in time for the first project to start. First new building on campus since the place was opened in 97.
I'm really liking this new job.
There may be hugs ;-)

millerized said:
Dodged a bullet.
Boss put me down for training in Richmond that next week.
Meant I'd have to leave Saturday to have everything in place for Monday morning class.
I need that class.
I also need to get out of 'here' in general.
Asked him if I could move it to the following week by taking it in Alexandria, VA.
Perfect, just in time for the first project to start. First new building on campus since the place was opened in 97.
I'm really liking this new job.
There may be hugs ;-)

Good to hear!  :beerchug:  You be on the wing for this gig?...

millerized said:
EZ said:
Good to hear!  :beerchug:  You be on the wing for this gig?...
Only bike I own right now.

and I assume the Big ZORT taj-Mahal?

If I can make this, I'll haul H/F ZORT V2.0 down.. I may never come home again afterwards..  :rotflmao: :nananana: :great: :-X :-X :-X :motonoises: :motonoises: :rotflmao:

Well, this is an interesting development.  I have been kicking around a RWTW trip for a few years, but have never really put together the time/energy to make it happen.  I have heard so many great things about this rally from those folks who go to the spider ride, and with this being the 25th, I will have to see if this can happen. 

There are a few things that need to be sorted.  I sold my C-10 last year, and haven't quite figured out my range and load out on the GS yet.  This would be a good multi-day trip, to figure that out.

I am bummed to miss the Spider Ride, but I just don't think I can pull off the two-fer with work at this time.

Dang!  I just noticed this!  I miss Suches, spent many, many enjoyable hours down there at the ZRXOA YTRAP Rallies.  Had a little incident near Franklin, NC about a month ago, slid the '00 ZRX into a logging truck.  Both of us are recuperating, maybe I'll be riding again end of Aug.  Be nice to take a trip on the Connie, just picked it up this spring, planned on doing a 4 week west trip.

MAN OF BLUES said:
and I assume the Big ZORT taj-Mahal?

If I can make this, I'll haul H/F ZORT V2.0 down.. I may never come home again afterwards..  :rotflmao: :nananana: :great: :-X :-X :-X :motonoises: :motonoises: :rotflmao:
As planned, yes. Taking the big tent, the queen mattress, and raingear....since that's what I seem to force everyone to need.
Since we're both going, maybe I should take a raft as well?
You bring the oars, or should we have Jim Culp bring his 'tractor' again?

Don't forget to order your shirts.  The deadline is early August. Got mine!

Yaahhhh... guess I’d better get registered. And, get me a shirt ordered. 😬
It’s just soooooo far to ride!  :))

COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:
Yaahhhh... guess I’d better get registered. And, get me a shirt ordered. 😬
It’s just soooooo far to ride!  :))

You gonna do it in one day  :D
Yeah, just like Beat the Heat! It’ll be brutal, but I’ll muddle through!  :)

As soon as I get a certain shipment from Texas I'll sign up.  :)

It's possible I'm selling my only motorcycle tomorrow.  :017:

Oh the drama!  :eek:

So...with all the 'talk'  :D ;) of rain gear, my attendance and a recurrence of Raft With The Wolf, lets try something different this year.
I propose calling it Snowmobile With The Wolf AKA The Donner Party Ride. :))
We pack skis, winter gear, and enough herbs/spices to make the best of the situation?
Who's with me?
Or we could just continue with the rain motif...your choice. :rotflmao:

The 5gal batch of Hefe got started yesterday. Yeast is going it's thing. It's a cloudy wheat beer just in case you're wondering or have allergies. Probably bottle it instead of kegging as I don't know what 600mi on a bike will do to the mix.

The 5gal batch of Hefe got started yesterday. Yeast is going it's thing. It's a cloudy wheat beer just in case you're wondering or have allergies. Probably bottle it instead of kegging as I don't know what 600mi on a bike will do to the mix.

:great: :beerchug:

REGISTRATION FOR THE RALLY ENDS AUGUST 29

You can still register at the rally but no supper on Saturday will be guaranteed if you register after August 22

Only 30 people have registered,  :-\

COGnosticator said:
REGISTRATION FOR THE RALLY ENDS AUGUST 22

You can still register at the rally but no supper on Saturday will be guaranteed if you register after August 22

Make that 31, just registered. :)

Will be ordering shirts today.

COGnosticator said:
Just to let everyone know, you will get a 3" diameter sticker with the RWTW logo when you get to the rally  :)

I assume it will not clash with my collection of brew pub stickers on the Versys, right?  :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
COGnosticator said:
Just to let everyone know, you will get a 3" diameter sticker with the RWTW logo when you get to the rally  :)

I assume it will not clash with my collection of brew pub stickers on the Versys, right?  :beerchug:

No, but your brew pub stickers might clash with the COG sticker  :nananana:

I really wanted to make this again this year, but sadly - I have other commitments the same weekend in Asheville, NC.

ya'll be safe, and don't let what's his face (you know who) burn the campground down!!

Also, keep Marty from dishing out that crazy moonshine of his!!  :eek:

Ride on Bro's.

gr

Hi All,

I'm all signed up and shirts ordered.  I'm finally ready to start attending my favorite rallies again after a long torturous house build.  :motonoises:

I'm looking forward to good times around the fire and long twisty rides on my favorite roads.  Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones.

Bobby

Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
Hi All,

I'm all signed up and shirts ordered.  I'm finally ready to start attending my favorite rallies again after a long torturous house build.  :motonoises:  That being said, as always, I waited until the last minute to try to find a place to stay. Fortunately I lucked into renting a house near High Valley Resort.  If you've never been in the area before, that is just under a mile away from TWOS up 180.  It has 3 bedrooms/2 baths.  So i have room for at least 2 other riders and possibly more if I have some couples in need of a room... or a couple of guys wanting to share a bed.  :-X  It advertised for $65 per night but after local fees, taxes and cleaning fees right now I'm paying $108/night.  But that will be split 2 or 3 (or more) ways depending on how many folks want to join me.  I'll be there Thur thru Sun. So if you decide to join me, worst case it will cost you $58 per night and best case it could be $36 per night or less.

I'm looking forward to good times around the fire and long twisty rides on my favorite roads.  Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones.

Bobby

It’s been awhile Bobby, be good to see ya.

The Sticker has returned! My windshield was starting to look sort of empty. See you there! :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
REGISTRATION FOR THE RALLY ENDS AUGUST 22

Jorge and I are all registered.  We're so looking forward to this.

Irene

Just saw on the local news that Helen has a new Alpine Coaster: https://georgiamountaincoaster.com

Might be something to do if your heading to Helen for lunch.

MotoCommuter said:
Just saw on the local news that Helen has a new Alpine Coaster: https://georgiamountaincoaster.com

Absolutely!!

Reid was telling me about a go kart track outside of Dawsonville GA where you can get up to 55 mph

https://atlantamotorsportspark.com/karting/

COGnosticator said:
Reid was telling me about a go kart track outside of Dawsonville GA where you can get up to 55 mph

We should go as a drunk  scratch that  happy Cog group drive

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:

I could see a large group of us going and getting in the carts ATTGATT  ;D  Freak out the guys running the place

COGnosticator said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:

I could see a large group of us going and getting in the carts ATTGATT  ;D  Freak out the guys running the place

O  so we shall  That would be a memory keeper for sure.  If ya aint trading paint ya aint driving

61 registered as of today, 10 more days and registration closes.

You can register at the rally but you probably won't get fed Saturday night as I have to turn in the numbers on the 30th

Y'all know anybody on the fence, push them off  :D

MotoCommuter said:

Looked at the pics of the kids in the link, those are the faces I make in the mountain curves!  :-\

2 days on 2 wheels...looks like I need to change the oil and make sure the trailer is 'right'.
Yeah...finally...I've decided to make the trip on 2 wheels.  Actually 4, since the trailer has 2.
That means I also need to find room for 5gal of liquid, a CO2 tank, regulator, hoses...sheesh...might be better to take 4 the hard way. Of course, there was this really nice cider press at the one antique dealer...wonder if it's still there?

Newest Habitat score.
Cordless, rechargeable, mini BLENDER.
$10

Update RWTW list,

1 Gal Dark Myers Rum
3 Lbs fresh strawberries
5 lbs ice
inflatable floaty chair
Band aids.

Field testing Redline, top speed, range
and recharge time this Weekend @ BRMC.

Well,  I’m out.  Had a little AFIB RVR attack at work a couple of
weeks ago at work, which led to an ambulance ride, and an overnight
hospital stay (1st time ever).  As the probable cause was heat/low electrolyte
related, my doctor has told me an 11 hour day in the heat (there and back)
might not be good while I’m on a beta blocker...  Effin’ doctors...

No AFIB since, and all tests show a healthy heart, but for safety’s
sake I’ll take the bench.  :'(

Mcfly said:

I'm thinkin' this is from switching to a Bike Made Weird.

Thought about getting set up to trailer the bike? Not that I would do anything like that.  :rotflmao:

Take care of yourself. Skol. :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

I'm thinkin' this is from switching to a Bike Made Weird.

Thought about getting set up to trailer the bike? Not that I would do anything like that.  :rotflmao:

Take care of yourself. Skol. :beerchug:

I would love to set up a trailer rig, BUT a one car garage and a 4th Reich HOA will
make keeping a trailer tricky.  There's a $1600 solution with a trailer/hitch that will
store small as well as do the job (70+mph). 

Anywho.... It's in the works, and I'll have the mula by the end of the year.

The Cardiologist is the REAL problem.  I'm on high blood pressure meds with normal
blood pressure...  The 29th I go back, and I'm getting off them.  Nausea all
day... I was getting vertigo from it too.  Ack.... 

I'm going for RTE with some BMW Folk tomorrow.  Clear my head.  :banghead:

Mcfly said:

Come up in the car, we dn't care.  Get well soon

COGnosticator said:
Mcfly said:

Come up in the car, we dn't care.  Get well soon

I care....  I wanna ride.  :mad:

What Lane has is the (no longer in production) Trailer-in-a-bag.  Keep a regular watch on Craigslist and/or eBay and you might find one. I managed to locate one and it's currently taking up a very small area in the corner of my garage. BTW, the Trailer-in-a-bag can carry up to 1200lbs. :-\

Jim, Stinger still makes the Trailer in a Bag.  $1499, it’s on their website.

Craigslist has a listing for a Stinger folding trailer for $750.
Says it’s almost new.  Might take a look at that.  They’re highway rated,
and they made the “trailer in a bag”.  For almost 1/3 the price,
it may be worth a look. 

I’ve seen Kendon folders for about $1500 too.  Great trailers, just pricey.

A big concern is maximum safe operating speed.  Cheaper trailers
are rated 45-55 mph...  :(

I'd say that unless you're planning operating at triple-digit speeds for the entire trip you'd be fine.  Just make sure the trailer tire pressures are good before you start and you might want to check the trailer bearings.

Marty, I would rethink about not coming. Do what I do and leave after lunch Wednesday and only go 1/2 to 2/3 the way up on the back roads taking my time and stay overnight at a cheap hotel. Much easier on the body. I've done the single day ride before and it's a long hot day. I usually get there around noon the next day. Then you can relax and take your time setting up camp and still have time to get in a good smaller ride or short nap. I've been on the high BP meds as well for several years now. Borderline needing them but the damn doctor won't let me stop. CYA mode. If you decide not to, then take care until the next time.

COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:
Ranger Jim was trying to unload a folding, one bike trailer a while back.

I wonder if it has  ever been stuck in a field  :D
Sure glad I didn't have to ask this question.

(oh, and afib….Vitamin B1 (aka benfotiamine, not thiamine mononitrate) got rid of mine. 1-250mg caplet every week...I haven't had an issue with it in over 10yrs. I forget the pill for a month, I can feel it start again, so one pill does it for me. Of course, I also dropped +20#, got a divorce, changed my diet and cold turkey'd both the beta blocker and the cholesterol meds. IANAD)

millerized said:
COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:
Ranger Jim was trying to unload a folding, one bike trailer a while back.

I wonder if it has  ever been stuck in a field  :D
Sure glad I didn't have to ask this question.

(oh, and afib….Vitamin B1 (aka benfotiamine, not thiamine mononitrate) got rid of mine. 1-250mg caplet every week...I haven't had an issue with it in over 10yrs. I forget the pill for a month, I can feel it start again, so one pill does it for me. Of course, I also dropped +20#, got a divorce, changed my diet and cold turkey'd both the beta blocker and the cholesterol meds. IANAD)

Appreciate the input.  I'm pretty sure this is stress induced (physical stress) as the episodes happen when I go
from hot, humid outside into cold A/C.  I'm going to try Vitamin B1, Omega 3 and CoQ10.  Beta blockers suck.

One word: Dorian.
rafting-smiley-emoticon.gif

Raft with the Wolf anyone?

(LOL...just kidding...I hope!)

COGnosticator said:
millerized said:

I am keeping an eye on that muther, stay the hell away from Savannah please  :mad:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-ne-tropical-storm-dorian-hurricane-puerto-rico-florida-20190826-7vy52w2evrdphg4esclnsiv2c4-story.html

You are in the cone Jerry, but the treasure coast (me) is the center of the cone.  if it tracks a little further west, Hispaniola will really help break it up, but they are saying the cone (in the link) is gonna be pretty accurate.  Rainy Labor Day weekend here for sure.  Where will it go then, hopefully not to suches? :-\ 

Eddie-FL said:
millerized said:

No rain, no rain, no rain... Everyone repeat after me!

This Dorian thing is messing with my planning. I tentatively was planning Sun or Tue departure. It now looks like Wed, hopefully. It's early yet but they seem to have a pretty good lock on this storm 2-3 days out.

We shall see what we see.

I'm hoping for this one....Skirts the state, makes the weekend perfect for us.
But then I remember what my nickname is, what RWTW REALLY stands for...and my track record for bring nice weather to the event.
At least I'll have 5 brand new dry RWTW rally shirts to wear in the tent.
(And remind Norman to bring a dry towel)

Attachments

• gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 105
  • gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 106
  • gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 108
  • gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 103
I checked my route coming up and it still looks OK for Tues departure but it's getting dicey depending on the track and area coverage.