• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The 25th annual Run With the Wolf is on the calendar

millerized said:
I'm hoping for this one....Skirts the state, makes the weekend perfect for us.
But then I remember what my nickname is, what RWTW REALLY stands for...and my track record for bring nice weather to the event.
At least I'll have 5 brand new dry RWTW rally shirts to wear in the tent.
(And remind Norman to bring a dry towel)

That towel was perfectly dry when I arrived...  and until we met!  :nananana:  I knew when you started building an aqueduct around your entire rig we might be in trouble...  It's lookin like you might raise the bar this year  :truce:  :allhail:

Yeah, shyt.
And it's going to come up to greet me on my trip down.
Everyone praying, right?

Attachments

• gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 114
I like this forecast better than Millers  Go west you muther  :great:

144801_earliest_reasonable_toa_34.png

COGnosticator said:
I like this forecast better than Millers  Go west you muther  :great:
Right there with you on this....
Changing oil tonight...and considering mounting the pontoon brackets...just in case.

New model run soaks Savannah, but looks to keep Suches mostly dry. Along with my entire route down.
Hoping this stays together that way.
https://tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/
Of course, it also builds it back up and hugs the coast the whole way up in the following days.
Face it...it's RWTW, I'm registered, I'm going to get wet.

The Mule is ready
I am ready
Now is the weather going to be ready?
Im planning on leaving Thurs AM Dont really want to do all day in the rain

Prayers go out to those coming from down south.
Please don't blame this one on me...even though I realize it's entirely possible I'm at fault. :truce:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:
T.C.U.M. said:
Has anyone canceled?  I need a room.

You might want to call TWoS and get on a waiting list, it might be quicker

That's a great Idea  I would love a cabin  No answer on their end

Just scored a cabin  Some Floridian just cancelled  #5  If you were number 5 and you do make it I will let you squat

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:
T.C.U.M. said:
Has anyone canceled?  I need a room.

You might want to call TWoS and get on a waiting list, it might be quicker

That's a great Idea  I would love a cabin  No answer on their end

Just scored a cabin  Some Floridian just cancelled  #5  If you were number 5 and you do make it I will let you squat

Damn  ;D  We are going to be next door neighbors, I am in #4  :beerchug:

Ya'll might have about 20 COGgers squatting in your cabins with you...  ;)
  {Prolly ok, if they bring their beer}.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Ya'll might have about 20 COGgers squatting in your cabins with you...  ;)
  {Prolly ok, if they bring their beer}.

Ride safe, Ted

have a party in the upstairs lodge, big room for a beer fest

I may not even make it at all  :mad:  what I am seeing right now, Saturday morning, is it will ride along the coast and head for Savannah.

Midnight Tuesday, Midnight Wednesday, Midnight Thursday....
Not looking good for you coastal folks, but interior Georgia might not even get wet.
Of course, 100mi difference 5 days out...we could be eating Claxton fruitcakes or peanuts up here in WV.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_20.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

[size=18pt]Holly Smolly,    Dorian's winds just went to 175 mph.        Hold on to your hats!!!    :'([/size]

Looking doubtful with the storm for me to make it this year.  May be evacuating Tue. or Wed., fingers still crossed.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
the-25th-annual-run-with-the-wolf-is-on-the-calendar

Who's not coming this year?
Can we blame it on them?

Please?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 207
millerized said:
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
the-25th-annual-run-with-the-wolf-is-on-the-calendar

Who's not coming this year?
Can we blame it on them?

Please?

Yeah, we don’t want “Rainman” to lose his rep! 😄

I’ll plan on being there after lunch sometime.

If for some reason they release my wife from the hospital tomorrow early enough, I will  make a bee line to TWoS, but I won't know until tomorrow.

BTW, she is a nurse in the NICU and is on hurricane duty. So don't think she is getting out of the hospital from an operation and I am running out on her  ;D

COGnosticator said:
If for some reason they release my wife from the hospital tomorrow early enough, I will  make a bee line to TWoS, but I won't know until tomorrow.

BTW, she is a nurse in the NICU and is on hurricane duty. So don't think she is getting out of the hospital from an operation and I am running out on her  ;D
Figured you were a shoe-in for husband of the year award. Thanks for the clarification!
image.png

millerized said:
COGnosticator said:

Figured you were a shoe-in for husband of the year award. Thanks for the clarification!
image.png

:rotflmao:

millerized said:
COGnosticator said:

image.png

LOL; that's hilarious; the pic and the "husband of year" comment

Clear, very warm, sunny in Suches for the W/E. We'll leave the light on for you.  ;)

Folks wanting to see Helen this weekend might want to go around.
Octoberfest starts this weekend, and the parade is noon on Saturday.
And we all know what the traffic is like normally. :mad:
Trailfest is Friday - Sunday in Dalonega, so traffic might be a bit jammed up there as well.
On a more sight-seey note, they're releasing water this weekend at the dam, so the falls in Tallulah Gorge should be at their best.
And since the weather is going to cooperate...you might just want to go for a ride.

Neither rain, sleet, snow or Hurricane Dorian is going to keep me from coming up tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it.

Irene

funsize said:
Neither rain, sleet, snow or Hurricane Dorian is going to keep me from coming up tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it.

Irene

Kinda depends on where you live. I could have departed on Tuesday according to the forecast but I didn't want to leave before the storm had passed in case it shifted back over the peninsula. Departing 0500 tomorrow with a RWTW virgin in tow, going up through the middle of GA.

COGnosticator said:
From the way it looks, I hope to be up there Friday

Fecking hurricane  :mad:

Man, just looked at phone app; board up the house fast Bro...
and skee-daddle...

In Laws vacated Beaufort on Monday, and then were told they could "come back", so the returned yesterday...DOH... now it looks Like they will be splitting again, c'ause this looks even bigger, and is Gonna hit Hilton Head for sure.. (and Savanna.....ouch)...

stay west all you breazy people.... have a safe time...

The very minute I know the flooding won't get any worse in Charleston, I'm going to be rolling up there in my rain gear. Been too long.

coffee_brake said:
The very minute I know the flooding won't get any worse in Charleston, I'm going to be rolling up there in my rain gear. Been too long.

Yay! I'll get to see you.  I really has been a long time lady.

Irene

SteveJ. said:
funsize said:

Irene

Kinda depends on where you live. I could have departed on Tuesday according to the forecast but I didn't want to leave before the storm had passed in case it shifted back over the peninsula. Departing 0500 tomorrow with a RWTW virgin in tow, going up through the middle of GA.

I'm coming in from Jacksonville.  See you there Steve.

Irene

Well I hate to say it, but it's official. We want be able to make it, pinched nerve in my shoulder simply want let me ride.  :mad:

Y'all have fun & will see of you at the Spider!  :motonoises:

Just Cliff said:
Well I hate to say it, but it's official. We want be able to make it, pinched nerve in my shoulder simply want let me ride.  :mad:

Y'all have fun & will see of you at the Spider!  :motonoises:

Oh man that stinks!  I'm sorry you won't be able to make it for the weekend. Jorge is not coming either.  He's not feeling well but he gave me his blessing to come up on my own.

Irene

Looks like I will miss this year, between missing two days of work this week storm prep etc, and needing to spend another day on storm clean up it just is not in the cards. No  damage just a lot of small debris and putting things back where they belong.  Looks like beautiful weather, y'all have fun!

Im planning on a long ride in tomorrow morn ::)
Im hoping to eat breakfast with some of you guys and then ride .
I should be there around 8am ish. 
Who wants to ride with Mike L and I ? maybe do 68 to Telico ,the skyway and back through Robbinsville or more if yall up for it.

Foiled once again by mother nature...

Did nothing but storm prep for 6 days when we were the bulls-eye for a cat 4/5.  The 700 mi. and my window for gettin up there has collapsed to the point of no return.  So much break down to do and I'm exhausted.  Missing fall COG events because of hurricanes and where I live is gettin so old. :(

Y'all have fun and ride safe.

Wayniac has offered to pick up my 2 long sleeve shirts.  Puttin on those shirts is gonna be like puttin on a military uniform without having served. :-[

Shawn said:

Did nothing but storm prep for 6 days when we were the bulls-eye for a cat 4/5.  The 700 mi. and my window for gettin up there has collapsed to the point of no return.  So much break down to do and I'm exhausted.  Missing fall COG events because of hurricanes and where I live is gettin so old. :(

Wayniac has offered to pick up my 2 long sleeve shirts.  Puttin on those shirts is gonna be like puttin on a military uniform without having served. :-[

:??:

Bugnut said:
Some snaps of the past couple days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ENmh6dkDPuWVgUR36

Mike

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :beerchug:

Here are the pictures I took of this weekend.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vcd396jh4h4JTHF76

It was a wonderful weekend.  All of you are awesome and you have always encouraged me in my riding and overcoming my fears of tight curves. 

Shawn said:

You were missed

Irene

funsize said:
Shawn said:

You were missed

Irene

+1

Got home after an uneventful and beautiful ride home. Of all the RWTW’s that I’ve had the good fortune to attend, the weather for this one could not have been better. Another well done to Jerry, the TWO’s staff and everyone who had a hand in this! I don’t see how it could have been better.

Tinsailor said:
Got home after an uneventful and beautiful ride home. Of all the RWTW’s that I’ve had the good fortune to attend, the weather for this one could not have been better. Another well done to Jerry, the TWO’s staff and everyone who had a hand in this! I don’t see how it could have been better.

I think it woulda been better if Cliff had been able to attend..
First one he has missed.. {pinched nerve in Shoulder}

{Please don't tell Cliff I sed anything nice about him}

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Tinsailor said:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me Ted?  You said something nice!  :)) :)) :))

Irene

Ride safe, Ted

I dont think anybody could get the smile off Funsize's face Saturday after she got back from The Dragon

I’m SURE I would’ve enjoyed it more if I were actually there. :(

I’m on a heart monitor till Thursday...  Decided to wean myself
off the Beta-blockers (evil $h!+ that it is) and feeling much better
for it. 

I’m glad everyone had a great time!  Really bummed I missed it.

connie_rider said:
Tinsailor said:

Ride safe, Ted

I heard ya Ted.

Well, it would have definitely been better for me & my wife. I complained about not riding & she complained about wasting vacation time to be stuck home with my old crippled whining a$$. She really wanted to be there. This is the 1st time i've ever had anything keep me from riding.

Ted, you know you love me!  :-*

I rode for the 1st time yesterday, so I'm off to the Spider Wednesday.

It is always nice to see friends and make new ones, this is one rally I always try to make each year, SE group knows how to do things, AND I GOT TO EAT AT THIS RALLY UNLIKE THE NATIONAL. The weather was great, the riding was great, the beer Jim brought was great! Only 2 small things happened to me, I got chewed up by some sort of bug that really likes to sting me leaving red welts all over my legs that itch, 28 bites total, and my speedometer cable broke halfway home in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. I hope to see you all next year!

4 rain free days for me, all of them sunny and warm. Nights cool enough to need a cover, days warm enough you can sweat your ath off if you're not careful.

Culprit for the rain has been located, and duly identified as the REAL rainman. All theoretically, however.
I won't mention any names. HE knows who he is.
We'll verify my theory is correct next year.
Hint...he drives a Goldwing, International Harvester Edition and has already denied all involvement with 'Raft With The Wolf' activities.
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Unless, of course, it was the Saturday night offering of creamy headed German style goodness that kept us dry?
My home brew was a fitting sacrifice if that's the case.
Next year might have a dual sampling for Saturday night, with Tom and I each making an offering to the weather gods. (lower case 'g')
(unless of course, it WAS Jim Culp's fault for the rain, then all bets are off with the sacrifice)
Ooops...sorry about that Jim.

Thanks once again to those who make this possible.

I think it's more likely that Millerized's new "sunny" disposition (due to his job change) is responsible for the lack of rain despite his reputation of being "rain man." 😉

Wouldn't that be nice.
Instead of bad luck Schleprock, I could be something else?
Something with a unicorn would be nice.
OqLz8Bv.jpg

Guess we'll have to wait for the next 'social gathering' to see if it holds true.