• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The Concours and I are ready for Texas!

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
After a little hot weather practice
in Death Valley today
the Connie is ready
for the National!

Attachments

• death-valley-112-conc-small.jpg
    death-valley-112-conc-small.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 122
Also tested my new Aerostich R-3
under extreme heat conditions
;D

Attachments

• death-valley-112-brian-small.jpg
    death-valley-112-brian-small.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 132
Brian you and your bike do look ready to go!! Maybe I will see you there!  Safe travels!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

ROK on Cman. Gonna be in your AO next weekend picking up Bob's C10. C U on the road!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Brian:

He plans to ride it back to Henderson after picking it up at my place. I think he was talking about some time in the morning on Saturday, the 12th. You're welcome to swing by and chat. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Bob

9006d9dce59a94b8cc74b1b0b4578f0d--arizona-humor-random-stuff.jpg

:)) ;D :beerchug: :great:

Red Eagle said:
Brian:

He plans to ride it back to Henderson after picking it up at my place. I think he was talking about some time in the morning on Saturday, the 12th. You're welcome to swing by and chat. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Bob
Hoping to be there around 9a. Be fun to C ya.

Craig:  It'll be good to see you and the rest of the South Central crew again.

Ted:  Somewhere in the Southwest subforum around June/July of 2013 there is a pic of me by the same thermometer reading 131!  Officially it was *only* 129.  It was 115 at my house in Pahrump (an hour away) when I left.  I had to sit at the bar there in Furnace Creek drinking ice tea and water for 45 minutes before I recovered enough to go home.

;D

Seriously, what's the expected temps in Kerrville that time of year?  95?  With 95% humidity?

connie_rider said:
It could be that hot, but I think the Humidity will be lower..

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, I should be good, then.  I'm just hoping for no rain.  Don't get much practice riding in that funny stuff that falls out of the sky.

Irene, the interesting thing to me is how I've adapted to the heat out here.  I've gone from someone who would ski in Vermont when it was cold, gray, windy, and 25, to someone who will just barely sweat at 95 dry degrees (standing/sitting in the shade of course).  At night when the temp drops to around 80, I put on a light jacket or hoodie. :rotflmao:

Well, it turns out I'll be in Michigan when this ride is near me. I was hoping to join up and ride however far I could within whatever time constraints hit me. I guess I'll just donate some money instead. Have fun guys, ride safe! I did see a link for donations but it mentions 2017. What is the latest link or pay pal address I could use?

Go to the top of the Forum and push Home.
You'll see Join COG in Red.
  The box beside that will eventually change to "Contribute to OtP".
    Or, you can just punch Home a few times and "Contribute to OtP" should pop up.

Thanx!!!
We're still behind on the $$ we need to bring the 2 Travelers over, so every little bit helps.

Ride safe, Ted